Hey all, first post!

Anyway, got a decent LQ9 Block, heads and intake, seller says from an Escalade, but I have no way of validating that. Looks like probably 2003 or so, but I don't know for sure. Seller was going to build a drag engine, but gave up. So I've got a COMP XFI 54-426-11 Cam sitting in there right now.

I'm dropping this drivetrain into a Land Cruiser FJ40 that I mostly drive around town, but like to do some occasional off-roading. Not crazy rock-crawling or anything, just camping and exploring. So I want a comfortable ride.

Plans are - having short block machined 0.030 over, line-bored, decked, etc... New Pistons, rings and bearings. Keeping existing rods and crank. Keeping 317 heads probably (have a source for cheap 243s, so thinking about that.) 4l80e tranny. Came with the LS6 intake. Don't want to spend thousands of bucks on this.

My question - should I sell the racing cam and buy a truck cam for better driveability and low-end torque? Is it worth the hassle? Or should I just keep the COMP cam, upgrade my springs, and and use as is?

Any ideas or input are appreciated. I understand cam theory to a reasonable degree, but am by no means an expert, and have little driving experience with different LS engines, so input from your practical experience would be appreciated. How much of a difference is it going to make for my driving experience?

Thanks all