Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

4th gen fender mount

so like everyone has had at one time or another i now have broken lower front fender mounts. this is actually the 3rd time this has happened where the fender flexed out, but the first time where the lower mounting flange actually broke. i'm pretty sick of it at this point considering that this time and the last time it was shops that did the damage while they were working on the car. so...solution time...and the ask.

does anyone know the measurement between the two mounting holes; center bolt to center bolt...just so i don't have to try and straighten this and do more damage to take a measurement.

my intention here is to get a couple piece of aluminum or stainless steel and get some vinyl decals made to fit the piece of metal that says "no jack" and bolt them on so they are visible when you put your head under the side skirt.

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

The solution to the problem is the fender flange shield kit from Detroit Speed. Look them up. They have created a nice boxed section that is bolted to the flange area to support and protect the fender flange from idiots. If you install the kit you will have the proper alignment for your fender and I presume be able to align and weld the broken part back on to the car. Just installed mine a few months ago after I let the car out of my sight at a GM dealership for the annual inspection and...you guessed it, the idiot jacked it up at the flange and crushed both of my previously pristine flanges. Never again!
    ATI Procharger, SFCs, Y-pipe, LM2, BBK Shorty Headers, Corvette N73 Magnesium Wheels, 4th Circle Designs Stripe and Overlay kit

Have you managed to find a solution to this problem?

Never had to deal with a fender mount before. I am more familiar with fender flares.

Thread Information