TAN
    07 Chevy Tahoe

Transmission oil cooler recommendations

I have a 07 Chevy Tahoe and recently had the transmission rebuilt. I decided to drive to Las Vegas with my family and as we were passing through Baker, Ca the transmission temperature started climbing to about 207° and engine was sitting at 210°. Now I know that typically trans fluid should stay 20° below eng temp, and ai wasn't pushing the vehicle or towing, but I have been thinking maybe it's a good time to install a transmission oil cooler. Any thoughts/recommendations? 07 5.3L V8 with the 4 spd transmission, 2wd.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

207*F trans temp is nothing to worry about. But a little cooler would be nice.
    -------------------------------------
    Kooks 1 7/8" race headers, Kooks ORY, Borla catback, Nitto 555R, LS6 intake manifold, Shaner S3 ported stock throttle body, SLP lid, smooth bellows, JAAM Ram Air kit, Elite Engineering catch can, LS6 valley cover, EGR and AIR deleted, Frost tune, and Simpson Racing child car seat in the back. 13.2 @ 108MPH

TAN
    07 Chevy Tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    207*F trans temp is nothing to worry about. But a little cooler would be nice.
    Any recommendations on trans coolers? I would like the most efficient with the most affordable cost, one that won't break the bank, but will help cool the fluid down.

Thanks in advance.

TAN
    07 Chevy Tahoe

So an update-I installed a Hayden Automotive 679 Rapid-Cool Plate and Fin Transmission Cooler, Black, 11 Inch. We towed our 28 ft travel trailer up to Oregon and back in about 5 days and all the time I was monitoring my trans temp. Up into Grants Pass, it got about 240 degrees F but then would cool to about 180-190 going downhill or flat areas. All in all, I am happy with the cooler, although I may fabricate a mounting bracket so that it has more airflow around it rather than being strapped to the radiator with the little zip ties that came with the kit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thread Information