Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

98 Formula
    06 duramax

No rifle season really here....just a gun season that you can technically use a rifle during but straight walled cartridges only so like a 45-70 or 44 may which are the most popular. Bow season runs until February. I shot an 8 point Friday morning. Not a very big buck but good enough for me. Tough as shot on him. Had a hot doe on that ridge. Saw 10 deer within 2 hours and 3 of those definitely bucks. Hit my grunt and he came in from behind me and to the right. Had to crouch down in my stand and made a 35 yard shot uphill on him. Double lung and he ran about 50 yards. He painted trees red the entire way. Love my muzzy broad heads. Busted 2 ribs and still sunk 6" into the dirt. I could still use that broad head if I wanted. People rave about rage and schwacker but I'll stick with my muzzy fixed blades. I have too many of these stories to ever change.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    It's still bow season there? When's rifle?
    I hunt with my bow till Dec. 15th along with my rifle that i replaced with my 12ga.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    No rifle season really here....just a gun season that you can technically use a rifle during but straight walled cartridges only so like a 45-70 or 44 may which are the most popular. Bow season runs until February. I shot an 8 point Friday morning. Not a very big buck but good enough for me. Tough as shot on him. Had a hot doe on that ridge. Saw 10 deer within 2 hours and 3 of those definitely bucks. Hit my grunt and he came in from behind me and to the right. Had to crouch down in my stand and made a 35 yard shot uphill on him. Double lung and he ran about 50 yards. He painted trees red the entire way. Love my muzzy broad heads. Busted 2 ribs and still sunk 6" into the dirt. I could still use that broad head if I wanted. People rave about rage and schwacker but I'll stick with my muzzy fixed blades. I have too many of these stories to ever change.
    Rage Hypodermic FTW, maybe you need to ask the wifey to up your allowance and spend that $44.99 on the hypo

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Rage are yuppie broad heads. Guys that are into fads shoot those. Put one through a bone and see what it looks like.

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Two weekends ago I went out to Iowa for a couple days and shot up some Pheasant. Brought home 17 birds.

This weekend I did some deer hunting with the .308 but never got something worth shooting at. Couple more weeks of firearm season and then I still have muzzleloader after. Hoping for 3 to fill the freezer.

Good Luck to all hunters this season

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I haven't had Pheasant in over 30 yrs....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by hardtrailz View Post
    Two weekends ago I went out to Iowa for a couple days and shot up some Pheasant. Brought home 17 birds.

This weekend I did some deer hunting with the .308 but never got something worth shooting at. Couple more weeks of firearm season and then I still have muzzleloader after. Hoping for 3 to fill the freezer.

Good Luck to all hunters this season
    Me and my hunting buddy have talked about doing that trip for 20 years. Every year around the fire it comes up and get here we are 20 years later and have never done it. What place did you use out there?

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

My uncle has 1800 acres in SW Iowa near the Missouri line and raises and judges bird dogs in his retirement, so I am a bit spoiled in my trips. I am not sure of good places to book trips.
    2001 Trans Am Vert

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Me and my hunting buddy have talked about doing that trip for 20 years. Every year around the fire it comes up and get here we are 20 years later and have never done it. What place did you use out there?
    maybe if you lowered your standards Tim you could do something in everybody's interest like sitting around the fire getting drunk smoking out of the wishing well.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Monday was a piss poor opening day gun. The worst I've ever seen it. Took Chloe out to try and get her first deer. Not only did we not see anything neither did anyone else. Only heard 1 shot even remotely close. My buddy shot a doe today and the processor said opening day they only had 10 deer dropped off.

Navy Blue Metallic

It's Hunting season

My Dad hasn't seen shit since I left on the 11th
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I've been kinda looking for my youngest a puppy. We already have the horse dog so been a half ass effort so far because I can't decide if I want another dog in the house. I was looking at beagles and can't believe how expensive those little bastards are. I will never pay that much for a dog.

Navy Blue Metallic

As much as I love English Bulldogs I can't see me ever paying the price they ask for them. For a $1k < dog it better shit on command if I'm going to pay that price.

Hell I can get a K9 trained GS for just $500 more.

Go to the pound see if you find something there.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    As much as I love English Bulldogs I can't see me ever paying the price they ask for them. For a $1k < dog it better shit on command if I'm going to pay that price.

Hell I can get a K9 trained GS for just $500 more.

Go to the pound see if you find something there.
    Most Bulldogs can’t breed without human intervention, both in the actual mating & birthing process. If it weren’t for this intervention in breeding the Bulldog as it stands now would become extinct that's why they go for $1200 so i did some research and found a Ohio bulldog for sale $250 not bad but it would probably creep me out watching me and the wife having sex sitting at the foot of the bed.

Navy Blue Metallic

It's Hunting season

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Ass haha

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Deer kill has been abysmal this year. Muzzle loader is a 4 day season here and was off 4000 deer. I haven't even see a deer since November. I put corn out in the back yard and last year I was going through about 50 pounds a week. This year I'm on my 2nd bag for the whole year.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread Information