Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Honestly, I used to hear the word GMO and be against them all. I did a bunch of reading on GMOs, and they're not all bad. If a GMO can prevent a certain crop from needing to be sprayed with pesticides (increases the natural resistance to insects), then it isnt necessarily a bad thing, especially when it has no effect on the positive properties of the crop. Anyways, read up on them some. Certainly there are some shit GMOs out there, like the ones that simply increase yield or increase the size of an individual fruit of veggie. And there are GMOs that decrease the natural vitamins and minerals to avoid as well. You can still eat healthy and natural, it's just become a bit more expensive and you have to do your research. Farmers markets are a great place to find locally sourced fruits and veggies that weren't grown with any GMOs, etc.
    I've done my research. There are always two sides to everything. Most especially where science and paid research is involved as we all know.

I guess the most obvious thing to me, without having to do any research at all as I mentioned, is taste and texture of fruits today. I have several fruit stands in my area as I'm sure you could imagine being in CA outside the city limits. Some come close to hitting the mark if they are organic, but others, still, not so much. It's been a complaint of mine for a very long time. I miss the fruits I loved and a kid.

I don't really trust GMO just the same as I don't trust Big Pharma

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I confess, genetic tinkering makes me nervous. I realize that probably a bunch of what I ingest has been played with... I rarely read labels.
    I'm a huge label reader. From shelf items to dog food and everything else in-between. It's scary sometimes.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

*** Goodbye 2016 January TRAIN ***

the only things I avoid are caffeine and MSG. it's a heart thing.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

For some reason I've been having two cups of coffee in the morning lately. I suppose because it's been chilly/rainy in the morning? Not sure, but I've always only ever had one in the morning for years. I've never been a big coffee drinker and during the warmer months can go without it completely. I don't drink sodas. Maybe a couple a year if that.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Afternoon
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My brain must be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Says the king of mockery and shit talking

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Never been a fan of coffee. So I don't drink it at all... ever.... in any form. I do however love Red Bull. If I need a pick me up in liquid form that's usually what I go for. It's like carbonated smarties in can.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

You're probably better off without coffee. I've never liked hot cocoa or tea. So it's just my preferred warm beverage during wintertime I guess. The worst of it for me is probably the flavored creamers I use I just never took to the energy drinks for whatever reason.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    You're probably better off without coffee. I've never liked hot cocoa or tea. So it's just my preferred warm beverage during wintertime I guess. The worst of it for me is probably the flavored creamers I use I just never took to the energy drinks for whatever reason.
    I didn't drink them for energy really. I just think red bull tastes like carbonated smarties and is delicious. Monster is gross, full throttle is gross, NOS is ok when cold but as soon as it gets close to room temp it makes you breath smell like cat piss.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Maybe bc they are one of the worst things you could possibly drink health wise?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

red
    95 Z28

I only get caffeine a few days a week when I take a pre workout supplement before lifting weights. No soda and rarely drink coffee. That said, there are numerous studies showing positive health effects from coffee (some of them that counter the negative effects of alcohol consumption)
    this post is meant as a joke and in no way should it be interpreted as a serious or meaningful reply. The author of this post cannot be held liable for any damages, both emotional and physical, that may be incurred from the reading of this post. By acknowledging this disclaimer you hereby release the author from any and all liability

98 Formula
    06 duramax

did someone say alcohol?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I didn't drink them for energy really. I just think red bull tastes like carbonated smarties and is delicious. Monster is gross, full throttle is gross, NOS is ok when cold but as soon as it gets close to room temp it makes you breath smell like cat piss.
    I've never had one, but now I want one

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    I only get caffeine a few days a week when I take a pre workout supplement before lifting weights. No soda and rarely drink coffee. That said, there are numerous studies showing positive health effects from coffee (some of them that counter the negative effects of alcohol consumption)
    Yeah. It seems every couple years they come out with new studies that go back and forth of the benefits of coffee. At least I know it won't kill me

I don't really drink alcohol anymore either. Every now and then. Mostly it's a Super Bowl thing for me, or sometimes a social gathering. I kind of quit drinking when I quit smoking. I learned that every time I failed at quitting before, I generally had a beer in the other hand So, for 10 years this past January 2, I've been a non smoker and an extremely part time drinker

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

did someone say alcohol?
    After getting the feel for last Sunday's game, I didn't even open the bottle of wine I had...

red
    95 Z28

did someone say alcohol?
    Certainly not your liver.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'm due up.....Last beer I had was new year's Eve I think. Superbowl weekend will be a rough weekend. Lots of beer and bbq.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I've begun reducing my sugar intake. I successfully put 1 cream in my coffee instead of 2, and about half the sugar on top of that...progress, right?
    My wife quit pop a while back, so I figured it's time I tried something out, since I don't drink much soda anyway. So, coming down off the cream and sugar, and no sweet teas with lunch.

Next I will be coming up with some kind of better plan for lunches at work. I go out for lunch almost every day...that gets expensive. I think I can 2 birds 1 stone this one. We have a perfectly good fridge, microwave & toaster oven here in the office. I could stock up on healthy-ish things to eat here, and save a ton of money through the year (I'm trying to reduce costs to make it easier buying a house later this year). Most likely I will still go out with co-workers once a week, but that's better than 4-5 days a week by far.

Anyway, that's just me thinking 'out loud'.

Mornin'.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

*** Goodbye 2016 January TRAIN ***

I started cutting sodas a yr out from when I had my surgery because I was feeling the start of issues. Acid reflux etc...

Like smoking you never realized just how much you do. Also like smoking it can be addiction, total caffeine withdrawal can cause issues too. Migraines, etc.

I went from drinking soda all the time to no more than 2 a day, then 1 a day, then 1 every 2-3 days to 1 a week, to none at all. All over a yr period. There are still foods that I crave a soda with like Hotwings or Pizza. But no, haven't had any since Feb 1st last yr.

Coffee I'm limited to one cup a day. It can dehydrate me since I can't drink large amounts of liquids at a time.

I mostly drink water or a Gatorade (for the electrolytes). Too much water and you can flush your system and have the same symptoms of dehydration.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Bunch of quitters. Everyone here has gotten old.

Arctic White, red/gray

Don't worry Orion, I still eat/drink whatever I feel like without thinking about it.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information