Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Either way, even using your numbers the Vette has more leg room than the Camaro. Not the other way around as you put it. I'm 6'3" and have always had enough leg room. It's how low the car sits that kind of sucks getting in and out when you're tall.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    It's how low the car sits that kind of sucks getting in and out when you're tall.
    Most definitely. The Camaro's overall seem to have more room in the front seats when you consider width, etc. I'm 6'2 and I could not drive my 02' on any sort of long distance trip, or even as a daily driver.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I listed a Corvette and Camaro solely bc I've looked at both, not bc they're the only vehicles I'm considering. Far from actually. All vehicles are on the table (no desire for an exotic). At least not at my age lol. This car will likely see 2k miles or less annually.

My best friend has an 09 Viper so I can't see myself going that route.

I noted 850hp due to the fact that I already own a car with 650hp and it is starting to feel slow already lol.

5.0 - just busting your balls like always. Not much will change in the car market in the next year or so for what I'm considering.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

You could always do a pro-touring build of and old school muscle car. If you are not against putting a good amount of work into something, that opens up a whole lot of opportunities.

red
    95 Z28

I had a challenger scat pack as a rental. It was actually a 6 speed manual as well. They're more of a hooligan car, but they are pretty fun to drive. Trying to put 485 hp through the factory 245 tires that come on them is an exercise in futility.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    I had a challenger scat pack as a rental. It was actually a 6 speed manual as well. They're more of a hooligan car, but they are pretty fun to drive. Trying to put 485 hp through the factory 245 tires that come on them is an exercise in futility.
    Right? Can't say I understand what Dodge was thinking with that one...
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Arctic White, red/gray

They were thinking burnouts are fun.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Ctsv...
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Arctic White, red/gray

CTS-V is BA but I really don't like the look of the coupe rear end. Kind of looks like a g37 coupe from the side. I would get the sedan.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Old Nova/Chevelle/Malibu/Camaro etc. etc.

Biggest big block you can find. Biggest blower/turbo/twin turbos you can find, or as much nitrous as you can find. Or both.

Big, big tires for the back.

All those other high cost minor details.

Live life 1/4 mile at a time

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Arctic White, red/gray

I know a guy who drives to car meets in a thunderbird with a 600+ ci big block with a huge procharger on it. Makes 1700hp.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    Right? Can't say I understand what Dodge was thinking with that one...
    Its just part of what makes a scat pack cheaper than an SRT8. Less brakes, tire, suspension, and interior equipment. Some people just want the big engine

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Its just part of what makes a scat pack cheaper than an SRT8. Less brakes, tire, suspension, and interior equipment. Some people just want the big engine
    just like in the old days.......
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion
    I tried reading that article but it had too many words.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

To clarify, 850HP would be crank HP, not rear-wheel. I wouldn't really want to drive a car that had 850rwhp. I feel like that would be a death trap. I am at about 500rwhp with a lot of suspension work and tires and it is still dangerous at times and I consider myself to be a pretty skilled driver.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

One of my favorite things at the track is watching a built CTS-V lay down a 150 plus mph pass. Even the track owner, who is a die hard Ford guy, digs the V's when they show up to run. I have been pondering what will follow my CTS4 in another 2-3 years for a DD. Top of the list right now is a Jag XF with the twin turbo 340 hp mill.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    They were thinking burnouts are fun.

Allow me to rephrase:

I don't know what Dodge was thinking when they put 245's on a car with 485HP and 275s on a car with 707HP. Each of those trim levels needs a 50mm bump in section width, respectively.

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

I'm working on a 900whp ctsv now. I just pulled yhe heads off of it. Hes' a friend of mine. Ported heads, ported blower and snout, cam, headers, factory cat back, meth injection, and a few other small mods and he is just under 900hp to the wheels. On his 19 inch rims with mickey Thompson tires he pulls a 1.48 60ft and has been 10.01 @ 137mph.

P.s he is picking up at 2017 corvette grand sport on Monday, lucky bastard.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

How about a Caprice? Plenty of room. You would just have to mod it the way you would want. How about this? Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk undisguised with Hellcat power - Autoblog.

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Grand Cherokee with Hellcat engine + AWD = face-flattening acceleration.

I think that would be a lot more fun than tire roasting, plus the AWD will help tame the power somewhat.

My turbo Subaru is more entertaining off the line than my Camaro SS was, even though I know it is not as fast (it's mostly stock).

The AWD lurch at launch is a hoot.

In my area, 0-60 is the only place you'll be able to have any fun.

Faster than that and a minivan with soccer mom talking on her cellphone will pull out in front of you without even noticing your existence.

Plus, with e Hellcat powered Jeep, you'll be under warranty.

With a Fiat/Chrysler product a warranty might be a good thing to have.
    Last edited by CJREX; 01-10-2017 at 05:21 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray

The hellcat grand Cherokee is supposedly a real thing that is happening. A homeowner claimed to be on the "secret" waiting list for one. He could have just been yanking my chain but he was one of the first people to have a Escalade "platinum" edition. Also on the list of who got the first Escalade Platinums a few sports stars. They started at 92k but he had to pay a serious premium to be one of the first 5 people to get one. His house was between 7-8,000 square feet. That was a good paying roof replacement.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 01-10-2017 at 06:40 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information