Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

BLACK
    01 WS6

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, and as much as I like to street race(I'm not going to say I don't)it should not be legalized. The track is where its at. It is a much more controlled environment than on the streets. With wider lanes, no traffic, and paramedics standing by, it is much safer. Where I live, thats why they opened the tracks, to keep people from doing it on the streets.

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    I drive about an hour and a half to my track. I pay $28 and get in around 15-20 runs... I am paying less than $2 a run and I don't have to worry about getting my car impounded, getting a hefty ticket, or going to jail...

However, I won't say that I don't do anything on the road...
    wow you live in the sticks, at my local 1/8 you are lucky to get in 4 runs if you are there when the gates open. thats why street racing in my area is very common. i know a little side road that the avergae bet is 3 grand , but we are talking tralier queens being dropped off and driver short distances to make the run.as far as dieing on the street or track, when its your time your dead. there is no place that will save you. now if i see someone weaveing in and out of traffic or racing in a population dense area , i know they are the more stupid brach of a car guy. as for the guy that says trust me i am older at age 19 or 20 and the other guy is 16 , lmao you are still a kid yourself.

Black
    2000 T/A WS6 Ram Air

Sorry, but as much as I'd like to see that happen, you will not have any good points.

You will always have the arguement that people could be around, whether it be a back street that people rarely use (but keep in mind is still used) or an industrial park, people's lives, other than the racers, are put at stake.
    I tend to relate this to the SCCA when they rent/whatever... parking lots for their races..

Or, skaters, with their skate parks..

Walk in, sign the life/car/responsibility away.. have fun..

Only thing that keeps that from happening is the insurance companies, because some asshole is gonna total his car, and wanna blame you for it... Fuckin people are sue-happy, I swear..

Other than the legal problems, yeah, it would be an amusement park for.... us..

-Gonz

Black
    2000 T/A WS6 Ram Air

Sorry, but as much as I'd like to see that happen, you will not have any good points.

You will always have the arguement that people could be around, whether it be a back street that people rarely use (but keep in mind is still used) or an industrial park, people's lives, other than the racers, are put at stake.
    I tend to relate this to the SCCA when they rent/whatever... parking lots for their races..

Only thing that keeps that from happening is the insurance companies, because some asshole is gonna total his car, and wanna blame you for it... Fuckin people are sue-happy, I swear..

-Gonz

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by jasonisdn
    wow you live in the sticks, at my local 1/8 you are lucky to get in 4 runs if you are there when the gates open. thats why street racing in my area is very common. i know a little side road that the avergae bet is 3 grand , but we are talking tralier queens being dropped off and driver short distances to make the run.as far as dieing on the street or track, when its your time your dead. there is no place that will save you. now if i see someone weaveing in and out of traffic or racing in a population dense area , i know they are the more stupid brach of a car guy. as for the guy that says trust me i am older at age 19 or 20 and the other guy is 16 , lmao you are still a kid yourself.
    I live right by Chicago, so its far from the sticks. I drive up to Wisconsin to go to the track, because the one closest to me is only an 1/8 mile and I want a full 1/4. If I were to go to the 1/8 mile track by me I would get about 5 runs in, but if I drive the hour and a half to the 1/4 mile track then I get in tons of runs. On a crowded day, I still get in 10 runs minimum.

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo1970

-Gonz
    great idea , and i agree to the T. V8this you are 1 lucky bastard, ever watch Horse power T.V they came to our local 1/8th to cover the north vs. south 1 time. the track almsot always is crowded like that. then there is always a ford blowing oil on the track and then here comes the clean up time lol.

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by jasonisdn
    well i got a few words for you buddy go fuck your self!!!!! at 16 i was way more stupid then i am at the age of 20.

oh and the reason i say keep it on the track is because my buddy just totalled his firehawk and dont want anyone else to experience this. and i have also been involved in a wreck like this once, and i just walked away.

so keep living in your dream world about street racing and how great it is and increase your chances of being killed.

fuck im more of an adult then you could ever fucking be..

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    well i got a few words for you buddy go fuck your self!!!!! at 16 i was way more stupid then i am at the age of 20.

oh and the reason i say keep it on the track is because my buddy just totalled his firehawk and dont want anyone else to experience this. and i have also been involved in a wreck like this once, and i just walked away.

so keep living in your dream world about street racing and how great it is and increase your chances of being killed.

fuck im more of an adult then you could ever fucking be..
    see you are showing your true age in the above post. i almost died in a wreck with a kid in a 1500 chevy truck, cause he was going to fast in a mist type rain. i lost the use of my right arm for 6 months, lost 2 teeth, dent in my forehead, gash in my eye lid (missed the eye) left cheek and chin. after i got out of the hospital i got in another car with him and he was speeding again. know why kid, cause if its your time to die you gonna die. if your buddy totalled his firehawk i feel for him, maybe he should learn how to drive , then he might have advoided the wreck.at the age of 16 to 20 you should have a parent in the car with you at all times as far as that goes, you kids casue more accidents and kill more people then the old folks that drive 35 on the highway. so you wrecked your car to huh, think being as young as you are had a factor in that? not having the experince of a more seasoned driver? as for racing on the street vs the track, the only diffenance as far as danger goes are other drivers. i never said street racing was great bright BOY thats what you got from reading between the lines. you are still a kid and will be for along time. print this off and save it , when you read it later in life and say to yourself." god i sounded like a freaking retard and man what right did i have to tell a 16 year old what to do when i was 19 myself, god i wish i could go back and change it" thats a sign you are getting smarter with age. untill then go have a beer , make sure your mommy buys it for ya and you drink it at home. as for being more of an adult than me , you can only dream of doing what i have done and where i have been.
    thats my childish commet of the day , later
    Last edited by jasonisdn; 04-30-2006 at 01:33 PM.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I wasn't even going to chime in on this thread because I think we all know how stupid street racing is. I dont care if it's a back road in Iowa or mainstreet in New York....it belongs on the track. I know at 18 or 19 you think you are invincible and nothing can go wrong.....I mean heck we've all done it......BUT, most of us turn out to be lucky. Lucky that we didn't get into an accident while we street raced or worse, kill someone! Can you say being charged with manslaughter..... I know telling a teenager to not street race is like telling Michael Jackson to stay away from little boys......just gonna do it anyway....Bottom line.....use your head and take whatever car you have to the track....prove all you want there.......Your paper shouldn't be about leagalizing streetracing....it should be encouraging others to do it the right way.....ON THE TRACK!!! Be the adult........

The Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Camarokid
    i have in the paper that the street would be closed and there could even be a night or two a week atleast to race
    That's called a "Race Track" or a "Drag Strip"

Street racing legalized?? I will excuse you for being 16.

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37
    I wasn't even going to chime in on this thread because I think we all know how stupid street racing is. I dont care if it's a back road in Iowa or mainstreet in New York....it belongs on the track. I know at 18 or 19 you think you are invincible and nothing can go wrong.....I mean heck we've all done it......BUT, most of us turn out to be lucky. Lucky that we didn't get into an accident while we street raced or worse, kill someone! Can you say being charged with manslaughter..... I know telling a teenager to not street race is like telling Michael Jackson to stay away from little boys......just gonna do it anyway....Bottom line.....use your head and take whatever car you have to the track....prove all you want there.......Your paper shouldn't be about leagalizing streetracing....it should be encouraging others to do it the right way.....ON THE TRACK!!! Be the adult........
    I'm invincible... I have 1 year left of it!

I can't agree with you more though. I honestly can say I try to keep my racing to the track. I sometimes get suckered into it else where, but not that often.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I'm invincible... I have 1 year left of it!

I can't agree with you more though. I honestly can say I try to keep my racing to the track. I sometimes get suckered into it else where, but not that often.
    Keeping it on the track can be the best thing you can do....too many things can go wrong on the road.....if you ever killed anyone you'd have to live with that the rest of your life. I was out in San Diego when a guy killed 3 family members when he lost controll of his car while he was streetracing. In just that moment he ruined the rest of his life and took away the life of 3 people. If you or anyone that streetraces is willing to accept that risk then I dont know what to say. I get people try to run me all the time but I wont even give it a thought. Now if they want to take it to a track then it's on.....I really dont think there is a place for streetracing......I always try to get people to a track....heck...even doing autocrossing is a way to get out and have fun......

down here in york street racing is a huge problem, and yes..i'll admit i've been guilty of it. what makes it so dangerous is that people go out on route 30 or interstate 83 and do these 2nd or even worse yet...1st gear rolls. not only does this slow the cars down to 25-35 mph on major highways but when the races happen everyone and their brothers take the cars out to watch (especially the ricers)...so in the end you've not only got the 2 cars that are racing but a hand full of others out there backing up traffic also.

the one race i saw was a real close call. there were about 10 cars out there and a couple bikes holding up traffic on 30...a tractor trailor came flying up and almost couldn't stop...had to lock up its brakes, etc. i thought it was going to jack knife.
    So..is street racing stupid? yes. As long as there are cars like ours made is it going to happen? yes.
    go to the track

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i could see small towns like mine haaveing a day set aside where a few streets are shut down and made so that people can race... i'm sure junk yards ouwld be happy to supply tires to build a "safty wall" along the street as well... that would actually be pretty cool... every one could have a $xxx buy in and the 3 winners take the pot of gold...
    other than something like that... it would be stupid...

Thread Information