Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 00 SS vs. 300M

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

00 SS vs. 300M

Last night we are coming back from the strip club and we get home and i drop my friends off at their cars.. my friend has a bronco that is in the shop and it broken and getting fixed and he is driving his dad's 300m.. the older one with the V6 well his is the H.O.... HAHA.. and says he can run with me..

Soo we go where there is pretty good straight strip and we line up and he says when i say 3... soo you know how is goes.. 1...2...3... he takes off and i take off.. and then i take off... he had about a hood length ahead of me and all the sudden when i hit around.. 3,000 RPMs i just FLY past his ass! it was funny he stops and says my car is stupid fast and loves the SS... Ahh.. i love my car soo much...

oh ya at the end of the race he was hittin about 100 and i was hitting about 130.. it was great!

NBM
    '00 Z28

what was he thinking? He aint nun two smart is him?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

lol, good kill

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

I take it he never rode in your car before the race....if he did then he's a tool

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Ummm, I wouldn't have wasted gas to prove him wrong. Especially when it is $3.20 a gallon.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

$3.20 a gallon iz nuts man! Nice kill, now go find a SRT-8...

Artic White
    2001 Z-28

I saw gas for 3.22 for 93 and thought it was a bargain!!

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

Regular gas is about 3.35... and saw a gas station for about 3.25! I was like SWEET

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Haha! I just paid $3.07 for premium today.

When I saw it I was like, "Oh my god, are you serial" (gotta love South Park). I flew into the station and topped that bitch off. First time my car has seen a full tank in a long ass time.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Hey Mike, what is so special about the SRT8? I almost bought one. I s my o1 WS6 faster? (Stock)Boy I sure hope so. I seriously looked at that SRT 8. Nice brakes, DVD and navigation, but no t-tops!

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

The SRT-8 has more hp but i don't know if they are light... they look heavy soo... Some guy wants me to race him at the Drags at SIR... I don't know if i should...

BLACK
    01 WS6

Wow gas sucks up there, in LA its about 2.97 for 93. You should definitley race the srt 8, you'll have a good time especially if your car is stock. Good kill.

Black
    1995 Firebird

Gas hasn't been over $3 here in the MidWest (Missouri) since last summer.... Right now its at about $2.70...

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    what was he thinking? He aint nun two smart is him?

red
    1999 Trans am

Dude that was a dumb race. Pointless and a waste of gas. You are grounded from racing slow cars. You can pick on them but don't take them sireal.

Reminds me of a time about 8 years ago when a guy I worked with at the time thought his 92 Taurus SHO was faster than my L98 '88 GTA. He used to talk alot of smack, he said that even though his car was down 10hp as compared to the GTA, the GTA was a pig and that autos are slow. He thought his weight advantage and 5 speed would cause him to blow me away.

Needless to say, he got spanked HARD. We ran it 3 times, and I killed him all three times. I even gave him a bit of a head start on the 3rd run.

He got schooled that day. He learned about TORQUE and RWD.

Black
    1995 Firebird

The SHO was the 2nd stupidest thing I have seen Ford do, next to the Pento... what a piece of shit. I had a friend who had one that was an auto and he thought it could hang with the 99 Formula. I was making fun of it one day just messin around with him and he told me I was just mad because his 4 door sedan could hang with my formula..... he never would race me though....

Ford Taurus

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm45
    The SHO was the 2nd stupidest thing I have seen Ford do, next to the Pento... what a piece of shit. I had a friend who had one that was an auto and he thought it could hang with the 99 Formula. I was making fun of it one day just messin around with him and he told me I was just mad because his 4 door sedan could hang with my formula..... he never would race me though....
    hehe, FORD has done a lot of stupid things yes, but making the SHO was far from one of them. As far as the L98 guy goes, it should have been a better race. What do those things run, like mid 15's? Even my poor running high mileage SHO ran quicker than that in July @ 104F. I can see a poorly driven our poorly maintained SHO getting walked by an auto L98, but unless they guy was shifting @ 5500 (instead of say, 7100) and had the e-brake on, there is no reason he would get 'spanked HARD', unless you were referring to your after-hours activities

First off, most L98's are 14 second cars, unless they are BEAT and out of tune.

Second, I don't know what he was shifting at. It doesn't really matter though. If you want to talk smack and challenge someone to a race, you better know what you're doing. If you can't drive, tough, it's not my fault.

I never had any problem with SHO's, I thought they were cool in fact, especially compared to other cars of that time. Sure, you can get a 260hp Camry now, but back in 92, 220hp was BIG. Heck, my brother's '05 Mazda 6 only makes 220. Another friend of mine had one, but he never tried to race me, he told me he knew my car was faster. He used to stick to racing GTI's and other 4 doors and imports. Always did pretty well, too.

Oh, and your name fits you for that spanking comment, tool.

Ford Taurus

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkool
    First off, most L98's are 14 second cars, unless they are BEAT and out of tune.
    The auto's? What do most trap? Any well driven 5spd SHO is a 14.x @ 93-5 car. Not saying you did not beat him, you very squarely did, and good job at shutting him up. But in your post you made it sound as if your cars TQ and RWD were the deciding factor, when it sounds like the driver mod was the most important part of the equation.

Second, I don't know what he was shifting at. It doesn't really matter though. If you want to talk smack and challenge someone to a race, you better know what you're doing. If you can't drive, tough, it's not my fault.
    You are right, it is not your fault, but his shifting ability does matter. I could very easily beat a Z06 in my stock SHO if the Vette guy drives like a retard. I was simply making the point that an auto L98 should be a good race for a SHO, a drivers race, not a slaughter as yours was.

I never had any problem with SHO's, I thought they were cool in fact, especially compared to other cars of that time. Sure, you can get a 260hp Camry now, but back in 92, 220hp was BIG. Heck, my brother's '05 Mazda 6 only makes 220. Another friend of mine had one, but he never tried to race me, he told me he knew my car was faster. He used to stick to racing GTI's and other 4 doors and imports. Always did pretty well, too.

Oh, and your name fits you for that spanking comment, tool.
    Yeah, I dig the SHO's. Only cars I have had for some time. My new turbo SHO will be making in the area of 550hp, before the nitrous. That can be fun to suprise people with.

Thread Information