Bright Purple Metallic

Need to replace stock speakers

I have a 98 TA (BPM) that has blown speakers. I want to keep everything as stock looking as possible. First, is there a good set of speakers that can be directly swapped without changing wiring (not including connectors). If not what is the second best option. I am keeping the head unit and only looking for new speakers. Not looking to rewire the whole auto system.

I tried this years ago and got, go look for it. I don't have the time to search for it and have not been successful in the past. I need straight up answers and recommendations.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Look up kee audio, full replacements for the doors, sail panels, and hatch speakers. Replaced mine last summer and they sound great. Full instructions are also included.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

what speakers are you looking to replace? Sail panel only or all of them? Kee carries the bazooka mids for the sails.....~$100 a set. I just replaced my sails with a cheap ass set of 6.5" Pyle's (Pyle PLPW6D) that were about $26 a set at walmart. Pretty surprised at how good they sound for a cheap ass speaker. I just really found only those 2 options for the sail speakers because they're 4 ohm dual voice coil. These Pyle's aren't going to win you any audio shootouts but for someone like me that only listens to the stereo in the car on a rare occasion they do just fine for less than $30.

Pontiac Builds Excitement Silverbird01's Avatar

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Pontiac TransAm WS6

I just replaced my sub woofers with the Kee Bazooka's. Very satisfied with them. Really sounds nice (to me) now with working speakers.
    My old Delco speakers were rotted away, hence the popping and cracking at most any volume.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

after driving around awhile I'd like to change my opinion of the pyle's.......not that great sounding. Better than busted speakers but I would probably spring for the bazooka's if you listen to the radio much. I rarely listen to mine so no big deal to me.

Bright Purple Metallic

Crap, it requires a stock monsoon amp. The verts did not have this in 98. That sucks. Any other ideas?

For the speakers that I am looking to replace, the doors mid is blown. I am looking to replace all the speakers. Looking for a better bass response from the rears.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

I would replace the doors with a new set of components. I have used the polk db series and have been happy. There is nothing to make the rears have more bass in a convertible. Just make sure the rear speakers aren't too deep, otherwise they will hit the top mechanism when it is lowered.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I'll be paying attention here, my drivers side sail panel speaker rattles and is overly annoying. I really don't care for the stock Monsoon radio either, but perhaps the speakers are about shot and need an updating. My visors are dog eared enough to say it was driven T-tops off quite often so the radio must have been loud at times.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by 98 Purple TA View Post
    Crap, it requires a stock monsoon amp. The verts did not have this in 98. That sucks. Any other ideas?

For the speakers that I am looking to replace, the doors mid is blown. I am looking to replace all the speakers. Looking for a better bass response from the rears.
    Kee audio is what you need Trans Am Page scroll to the bottom of the page they have kits for Verts. Contact them they will fix you right up. He is awesome to deal with.
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Thread Information