Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I do have my dads old Mossberg pump. Really if I could find a slug barrel for a good price for my semi-auto or that pump I would be interested. My semi-auto bird gun is a duck unlimited Fabarm arms(Italian shotgun distributed by H&K) is very light. I walk with it for hours with no sling. It is hard to get parts for as it isn't a big name company in America. So finding a slug barrel is probably hard. But for the price I paid I couldn't pass it up.

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server51...0.1280.jpg?c=2
    Last edited by Zinergy; 11-25-2016 at 05:47 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I want one like my Dad's, He has a scope on his. I believe it's a Mossburg, I'll check.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

dang....that's a pretty gun. Maybe your tolerance for gun weight is better than mine.....go try some out and see what you think. My uncle has an old remington model 11 in 16 gauge that I'm supposed to inherit at some point. It's a really cool gun. I killed my first deer with that gun. Hopefully at some point I'll get back to Missouri and get it from him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Arctic White, red/gray

That's another thing, many slug barrels have no front sight and just a rail on the back of the barrel for a scope. I want iron sights, preferably a peep on the back for drives. Since I will be walking, often in tall grass. Using scopes in there gets hard. When I'm posted up or really in stand hunting I will just use one of my rifles. Maybe If I got a large diameter, like a 50mm or something 4-6 power scope. I could use it for quick close range shots.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    dang....that's a pretty gun. Maybe your tolerance for gun weight is better than mine.....go try some out and see what you think. My uncle has an old remington model 11 in 16 gauge that I'm supposed to inherit at some point. It's a really cool gun. I killed my first deer with that gun. Hopefully at some point I'll get back to Missouri and get it from him.
    Probably not, like I said it's a pretty light gun. It is much lighter than my old pump shotgun I trade for it. I will have to go check some out but I won't be buying anything until after Christmas spending is done and over with. For now I'll just keep using my friends tactical Remington 870. Although I can tell some of the old hunters give me weird looks when I walk out of a field with a 18 inch barrel, 10 round tube, pistol grip shotgun, with a red dot on it and a muzzle break lol. But it shoots slugs.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 11-25-2016 at 07:28 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Shot a doe with Zach's gun Saturday. I'm sure I put it on here at the time but to refresh I got him a mossberg 500 combo that came with a cantilever deer barrel and tru-glow scope. I shot it a few times when we were sighting it in but after him shooting a deer with it and then me shooting one with it I love that gun. I bought the Hornady SST slugs for it. Bad ass set up. Both deer we shot with it didn't take another step. Unfortunately both were in pretty close so I didn't get to see how it performs out at distance but just from sighting it in and shooting it I would have no problems taking a 100-150 yard shot with it. The gun itself shoots well but has 1 thing in particualar that mossbergs are known for that I don't like.....it's a noisy ass gun. The forearm rattles way too easily on it. I was sitting in the stand this weekend with it and you really have to be aware of how you handle that gun when moving it around. My remington is much more solid and quiet. The next upgrade I'm going to do is that same style barrel and scope for my remington and see how it shoots. I've never really liked how that remington shoots. They all shoot to 1 o'clock it seems like. That's a smooth barrel though with sluggers.....a rifled barrel with a scope should settle that down. I'm a little concerned about throwing a scope on my gun though because from time to time I'll get a running shot....that goes out the window with a scope.

Arctic White, red/gray

Yea, those mossbergs are known to rattle.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

me and my daughter just finished up butchering my deer. I let her stay home from school to help. I'm quickly becoming less of a fan of that hornady sst slug. Both zach's and my deer had pieces of slug in it where it hit bone and came apart. The sluggers may not be as accurate down range but at least they don't totally fail after hitting bone. These look like they exploded. Small pieces of copper jacket everywhere.

Navy Blue Metallic

My dad got a 10 point last week plus 2 more hogs.

10 point - 157lbs field dress
    hog 1 - 176lbs
    hog 2 - 157lbs.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you need to talk to him about putting me and 2 buddies on some hogs

98 Formula
    06 duramax

more pics.....my daughter's continued training. Between her and my sons I hope some day my only job is to pull the trigger haha She's not quite ready to deer hunt yet so since she didn't get to stay home from school opening day and hunt I let her stay home this Monday and help me butcher one out. She actually likes doing it and has been helping me for 3-4 years so she knows what she's doing and is a ton of help. We can knock a deer out in 2 hours and that includes skinning and cleaning everything up when we're done. She saves me a massive amount of time.
    The other picture is Pickle. Took him out to sit for squirrel earlier this fall. As you can imagine no squirrel came within a mile of me and a 4 year old. He did do well sitting though and had a good time. He went with the uzi which I thought was overkill but I guess if a herd of squirrel came by he was ready.

Last edited by 0rion; 12-07-2016 at 08:50 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic

Love the "squirrel" gun

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information