Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fun in the LS1

SOM

Quote Originally Posted by RONS98TA View Post
    Well the good thing about having the LS1 is there is a LOT of potential for WAY more H/P. After the said cam is installed, exhaust, and whatever other options are included in your future mods, you will def be turning the heads again. True it will be expected not to have the same reaction when the hood is popped open and the LS1 is in there, and not a V6, BUT if you pop open the hood and the LS1 has a friendly chrome 88mm turbo sitting next to it....THAT will raise the eyebrows!! LOL
    This is very true- although the thought of being N/A just appeals to me.

I think my biggest withdrawl is not having the cam sound that just got to me everytime I was in the car

Best sounding V6 I have ever heard.
    Thanks!
    1996 3.8L Camaro - 13.4@101mph - Fastest 3.8L N/A Camaro in Canada
    2002 SOM Z28 - Bolt ons only and looking for 11's and Canadian record
    1999 Jeep TJ - 4" lift on 32's

Synthetic oil comparison | Videos | Weight Reduction

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

The cam is a fairly easy straight forward install. (as i am sure you already know from doing the 3800) The biggest problem is probably the amount of choices that are out there!! So many really good quality cams are avail for really good prices. You can def get a cam to make the LS1 sound just as nasty if not more nasty the the 3800. Just remember to also upgrade the other components like the valve springs, retainers, valve seals, timing chain, oil pump, etc.

SOM

The cam is a fairly easy straight forward install. (as i am sure you already know from doing the 3800) The biggest problem is probably the amount of choices that are out there!! So many really good quality cams are avail for really good prices. You can def get a cam to make the LS1 sound just as nasty if not more nasty the the 3800. Just remember to also upgrade the other components like the valve springs, retainers, valve seals, timing chain, oil pump, etc.
    Ya- she'll sound great when I get her done. My problem is, I am the kind of guy that maximizes my setup before I move onto the next thing. So I need to finish up bolt ons, run it, tinker with the tune until I feel I have pulled out all I can (hopefully 11's) and then come back and move to the next step (cam)... so I forsee that happening next winter at the earliest

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

I hear ya. At least the car in stock form is a pretty stout machine and should be fun for a lil while in the meantime.

SOM

I hear ya. At least the car in stock form is a pretty stout machine and should be fun for a lil while in the meantime.
    Oh it is still fun- don't get me wrong and truthfully, I think where I have the LS1 now at this point, it is faster than the v6 was and has been loads of fun melting tires. I mean I wasn't entirely set back because the Ford rear end was swapped over, all the suspension etc. She hooks pretty decently considering she has a stall and is on street tires to! Once I fix the blown Qa1 shock out back and dial in the setup more, I'm hoping I can really get her to bite the pavement hard.

It just always is hard when you have had a car at a point and are used to your own setup that you spent years customizing, to go back to square 1 almost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information