Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SS and 3/S TT owner

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

It's stock from the intake from the oil pan. The turbos are not stock but look like it. They are, however, bolted onto the stock worn out motor. Wanna run it for some money???

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinstorm
    It's stock from the intake from the oil pan. The turbos are not stock but look like it. They are, however, bolted onto the stock worn out motor. Wanna run it for some money???
    Are you really 41, cause I get the impression that you're 15 with hopes and dreams

SS and 3/S TT owner

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

I'm really 41 and gave up on my hopes and dreams 20 years ago. As I said, I'm just trying to let the original poster know about what may happen if he runs into an upgraded turbo 3/S such as I have. Why do you think I'm 15 if I try to spread knowledge instead of misinformation as you seem to be doing??? BTW, do you want to run for some $$$ to break up the BS or not?

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinstorm
    I'm really 41 and gave up on my hopes and dreams 20 years ago. As I said, I'm just trying to let the original poster know about what may happen if he runs into an upgraded turbo 3/S such as I have. Why do you think I'm 15 if I try to spread knowledge instead of misinformation as you seem to be doing??? BTW, do you want to run for some $$$ to break up the BS or not?
    I've never claimed anything, so why would I want to start talking trash to some guy I don't know that lives across the country about racing for $$$? Just what misinformation have I given? You don't even have a factory turbo, I hardly think that your car is a good example for what we were talking about. Your car may be fast, but I am definitly not throwing out any BS about the general nature of those cars

SS and 3/S TT owner

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

My car is a decent example of what an upgraded turbo 3/S will run with a stock engine and a stock appearing turbo upgrade that you cannot tell from a stock turbo. As I've stated, my whole intent was to let the original poster know what may happen when he goes back to run the VR4 after upgrades. Read the entire thread. I catch a lot of shit about my "import" even though it's a Dodge car hence my sensitity to the subject. I guess you can tell I"m quick to respond to posts about 3/S's. Some call my car a DINO. Domestic In Name Only. Most call it an overweight barge. The misinformation you were giving, at least in my book, was when you stated I was throwing out "alot of BS right there". I simply stated facts as I see them. I guess I should take it as a compliment that you called me 15 so I should thank you on that one. I have children older than that BTW. Let's wait to see what happens after the next round of mods. Unless the VR4 owner upgrades the turbos, he's most likely seen a bad day. If he upgrades the turbos, well who knows? Also don't forget that I pointed out that modding the 3/S can be a wallet busting experience so that may factor into whatever path the VR4 owner takes to modding his car as well. Can we bury the hatchet for now???

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

My point isn't that they are crap, I give them all sorts of credit, like in the original poster's first thread asking what the outcome would be if they raced. I jumped right out there and gave the VR4 alot of credit, and it is obviously given to a stealth considering it's the same car. 13.9 stock is respectable, and a boost controller is just some chump change away. not to mention 3750 isn't very porkish in my opinion for an AWD car, it's not significantly heavier than an LS1.
    On the flip side I just don't think upgraded turbos is a realistic example of something he'll run into. Most of us will never run a VR4 or the equivalent stealth on the street in our lifetimes, let alone one with upgraded turbos. Just as likely to run into a s/c or turbo f-body
    regardless, I like the cars even if I gave the impression that I didn't

black
    2002 corvette coupe

As a member of 3si and a former VR4 owner, I can tell you z that the 3/s owners have a chip on their shoulder, they have caught a lot of bullshit off the message boards, so everytime a TT post comes up on another forum, you will have several 3si members come to that thread or forum and start educating the idiot wive's tails about the cars. They are testy about the "heavy, understeering, fat pig" remarks, so smokinstorm (seen ya on 3si bud, I'm Hard Driver over there) is actually defending them on this site, which most of teh members on here actually have some knowledge and ALL the 3/s posts I've seen have been respectful.

Hey guys I'm sorry but I didn't intend for any 3/s vs ls1/lt1 wars to begin with the posting of my kill thread or anythin like that.
    Now, I know that after a few mods on both sides the battle will be a lot closer, I realize that heh but isn't that the fun of modding and finding out? Win or lose I just want to run the guy and see how other people go about modding their car knowing they will run someone of greater or equal caliber.
    We did agree to bring receipts or just a list of mods and a total each time we run our cars just to see what X amount of money it took to get Y faster/quicker.

To everyone posting have fun and lets keep the war to a minimum if any heh

Black
    1999 Miata

by 3/s do u mean 3000gt/stealth? or is it something else similar to dsm?

SS and 3/S TT owner

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Yes, by 3/S I mean 3000GT/Stealth. Sorry, I just assumed everyone knew.

Thread Information