Thread: NFL Week: 4

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I'm a hockey fan the rest of the year

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a hockey fan the rest of the year

Do you have anymore tickets? I may join ya'

I believe this is my last season tolerating Romo's BS. He's had the position for 6 yrs now and still no progress or improvement.

He has one hell of an arm but he's just not doing it. But JJ will stay with him and they'll not go anywhere.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

The only question I have is - it's been seven seasons now of the same basic combination (Jerry Jones, doormat coach, Tony Romo, drama queen wideout, top notch running back, good D-line, terrible secondary). Every single season has gone the same way, yet the beginning of every single season people are surprised when the cowboys implode.

Why?

They weren't good before this "era", they haven't been good during this "era" (2005-present), and there's no reason to think that the major pieces are going to change anytime soon. I've completely written off the Cowboys and will be back to check things out when something actually changes (i.e. they get a new owner...and that's going to be a LOOOOOOOOOONG time).

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Look at teams where the owners are or have been heavily involved. I'm thinking JJ, Art Modell, & al davis. Rarely are they worth a shit. JJ needs to let the people that work for him do their jobs.

red
    95 Z28

He may be one of the worst owners in professional sports. He needs to just provide the money and let smart people make the decisions (not him).

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    He may be one of the worst owners in professional sports. He needs to just provide the money and let smart people make the decisions (not him).
    Yup...and it's not going to happen. The worst part is that once he retires or croaks, his son will probably take over with more of the same. This is one of the most profitable franchises in all of sports, and as long as the money is rolling in, the Jones clan is not going to be looking to sell...probably ever...and with a brand new stadium and loyal fan base, there will be no moves in the franchise's future. So it's going to be a long, torturous existence for Dallas fans.
    Last edited by Blakbird24; 10-03-2012 at 05:27 AM.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

With Al Davis and Steinbrenner passing in the past few years, JJ has taken the torch as worst owner in all of pro sports. There are franchises that are doormats year in and year out due to shitty ownership, but when you think about the Cowboys as being one of the elite franchises or more prestigious franchises and how fucked up JJ has them and the fucking ZERO success they have acccomplished in the last near 2 decades now(Cowboys haven't been relevant since fucking 1995) he really fucking sucks. And what could be even scarier is fucking Stephen(JJ Jrwannabe) F.ucktard Jones could possibly be worse than daddy. If something doesn't change with Dallas direction soon, as painful as it would be for me, my days of being a Dallas fan might be coming to an end all because of JJ. Something hopeful for the Cowboys long term future better change soon, and hope doesn't shine through from a new contract for Romo
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 10-03-2012 at 10:34 AM.

red
    95 Z28

The problem for you guys is that you do manage to barely do good enough that you get fucked out of a prime draft pick. If you guys arent going to do awesome, you need to start sucking completely so you can get the next Luck or RG3

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

The problem for you guys is that you do manage to barely do good enough that you get fucked out of a prime draft pick. If you guys arent going to do awesome, you need to start sucking completely so you can get the next Luck or RG3

Even if we were in position to draft a Luck or RG3 caliber player, I have faith JJ and JJjr would manage to fuck it up somehow.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Even if we were in position to draft a Luck or RG3 caliber player, I have faith JJ and JJjr would manage to fuck it up somehow.

Yeah they'd probably trade the pick for a mediocre quarterback or a handful of third round picks for the "overall" good.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Yeah they'd probably trade the pick for a mediocre quarterback or a handful of third round picks for the "overall" good.

But they already have a franchise QB in Anthony Romo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information