Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Ray Charles blue

You are doing it wrong. Park side to side in the middle of spots and you can take up 6. One spot for ever "figure" your car is worth. lol

I am way out there? Wont argue with that. Problem is everyone else has the cognitive ability of a single cell amoeba.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I sleep for 8 hrs (once in a blue moon) and come back here and all hell has broke loose

Personally, I have never parked the Camaro at any busy store. I simply don't take it to ANY store and park it. I remember once I was out driving with this girl and she wanted to go eat (ugh). I drove around the lot until I found a 2 parking spot section. By 2 spots, I mean there was 2 spots and on either side of that section was a curb/trees. The spot on the right was open. I pulled in and as far to the right away from the other car as I could. While we were eating I couldn't even concentrate on anything else but my car . Forget that nonsense. If I am out in the car, I will drive home, park it in the garage, and get the Impala and head back out. 15 min of my time is worth not risking a ding on a mint vehicle I've kept the last 11 years.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I remember once I was out driving with this girl and she wanted to go eat (ugh). I drove around the lot until I found a 2 parking spot section. By 2 spots, I mean there was 2 spots and on either side of that section was a curb/trees. The spot on the right was open. I pulled in and as far to the right away from the other car as I could. While we were eating I couldn't even concentrate on anything else but my car . Forget that nonsense. If I am out in the car, I will drive home, park it in the garage, and get the Impala and head back out. 15 min of my time is worth not risking a ding on a mint vehicle I've kept the last 11 years.
    I know what you mean. I usually ask my wife exactly where we are going, and that determines what comes out of the garage. If I can't watch it, I don't drive it, is pretty much the scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    You are doing it wrong. Park side to side in the middle of spots and you can take up 6. One spot for ever "figure" your car is worth. lol

I am way out there? Wont argue with that. Problem is everyone else has the cognitive ability of a single cell amoeba.
    Now I'm all confused. I moved the car around all different ways for 5 minutes and just couldn't get all 6. I need a bigger vehicle I guess.

Ray Charles blue

I sleep for 8 hrs (once in a blue moon) and come back here and all hell has broke loose

Personally, I have never parked the Camaro at any busy store. I simply don't take it to ANY store and park it. I remember once I was out driving with this girl and she wanted to go eat (ugh). I drove around the lot until I found a 2 parking spot section. By 2 spots, I mean there was 2 spots and on either side of that section was a curb/trees. The spot on the right was open. I pulled in and as far to the right away from the other car as I could. While we were eating I couldn't even concentrate on anything else but my car . Forget that nonsense. If I am out in the car, I will drive home, park it in the garage, and get the Impala and head back out. 15 min of my time is worth not risking a ding on a mint vehicle I've kept the last 11 years.
    Why are you worried? Your car isnt worth 100+k......its not the same for vehicles of lower value.

Or is there a cut off as to how much a vehicle is worth for it to be the same thing? Hrm......sarcasm meter, is it pegged?

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Now I'm all confused. I moved the car around all different ways for 5 minutes and just couldn't get all 6. I need a bigger vehicle I guess.
    Pretty simple.....try not parking exactly 90 degrees from facing out....try 75 degrees......it should cover as it is longer from left front to right rear than from front right to back right.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

[QUOTE=TLS_Addict;2810472]

. Nobody has the right to touch my shit but I sure wont go to jail over them doing it. If you do you are a fucking moron. Compromise your future over something that the insurance will pay to have fixed? Yeah....very smart.

I have hit people for less than what you just said to me.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Why are you worried? Your car isnt worth 100+k......its not the same for vehicles of lower value.

Or is there a cut off as to how much a vehicle is worth for it to be the same thing? Hrm......sarcasm meter, is it pegged?
    I'm not selling it so its monetary value in some book is worth as much as tits on a bull to me. I want it to stay mint or as close to because I like it that way.

My car is like a woman's ass. I don't want dings all over it.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I'm not selling it so its monetary value in some book is worth as much as tits on a bull to me. I want it to stay mint or as close to because I like it that way.

My car is like a woman's ass. I don't want dings all over it

TLS, my car isn't worth 100k either but I still care about if someone damages it. Both my Daytona which is my DD and the TA. Heck I would even get pissed if someone dinged my wifes minivan. I care about all my cars and I can't stand it when people have no respect for other people's property. Bottom line why does it matter how I park with MY car if it has no effect on you? Btw insurance doesn't always make it right. Plus accidents, decrease the value of the car no matter how minor. If someone dings my door and leaves I still have to pay my deductible for their actions. Explain how that is right to me? I would rather avoid that in the first place. No one has fucked with my car yet by parking in multiple spaces, and they will get arrested if they do. Anyone who damages a car for any reason other than a complete accident is apparently unintelligent. Why else would you risk getting arrested for vandalism if it has no ill effect on them. Also the risk of it happening to me is pretty low since I really only do it at Wal-mart and I don't go to that store often. We should all probably agree to disagree. I will do it my way and you can do it your way.
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 10-18-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

My car is like a woman's ass. I don't want dings all over it.

Congradulations 35th,,,,you are now special like the rest of us. That makes 4 people now. We should start a club (and double park at the meetings of course)

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

ok, this thread has gotten out of control. If it doesnt straighten up, i will hand out infractions and lock the thread. Please tread carefully.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    ok, this thread has gotten out of control. If it doesnt straighten up, i will hand out infractions and lock the thread. Please tread carefully.
    Or we can revert to ''turtles'' again...........

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    Or we can revert to ''turtles'' again...........
    Hey, I happen to like turtles. Turtle hater!!

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    Hey, I happen to like turtles. Turtle hater!!
    No no no..I love Turtles! and Tortoises.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

You can't love turtles and tortoises. get off the fence already....

Ray Charles blue

I think you guys miss my REAL point. It isnt that I dont understand why you double park.

Having seen people mess with double parked cars I can tell you why they do it. They do it because they see a nice car that is double parked and no tonly do they think "That guy has a nice car, I dont so I am going to mess with it." They also say "I am going to teach this guy a lesson. Since he double parked he thinks he is so much better than me I am going to mess with it even more."

I understand completely why people double park, I do. But it does give them more reasons to mess with your car.

I do not condone someone touching someone elses property regardless of the value of that property.

Double parking asks for more trouble.

I also care about my cars and motorcycles but I park away from people and park in a sensible manner as to not attract more attention or to give some dirt bag even more reason to mess with my car.

Also, most often you get diminished value for a car. At least people I know get it when they have real insurance on their car.

So for those who think I "dont get it".....I do, unlike most I dont try to give someone more reasons to mess with my stuff.

This must really be bothering you...

Ray Charles blue

Not at all. Notice when my last post was? It was Friday.

I had a great weekend and didnt feel the need to log once. Just wanted to clarify because some people I think have the wrong idea in that I dont understand why its done.

The last thing I want to read or see is someones car getting messed with. It makes me sick that people will harm someone elses property for no reason what so ever.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

One takes up two spaces the other takes one SO?.........its a moot point........ already!

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

[QUOTE=SuperSSguy;2810521]

. Nobody has the right to touch my shit but I sure wont go to jail over them doing it. If you do you are a fucking moron. Compromise your future over something that the insurance will pay to have fixed? Yeah....very smart.

I have hit people for less than what you just said to me.

I laughed at this same thing. Compromise you future over something some random person you do not even know says to you? That sounds a bit more moronic

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information