Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Sounds like a nice fun car! I have a '68 Le Mans convertible, it has a 400 4 barrel with headers, flowmaster mufflers. But, with the stupid 2 speed AT and 2.52 rear gears, it sounds good but no acceleration. It's like taking off in 3rd then shifting into OD. I can run low out to 93 MPH before I see 5200 on the tach! Damn kids of mine taking all my fun modding money lol. It needs a 3 speed AT and some 3.55s to be in the 14s like you. Any pics of yours in the classic muscle thread? And you probably confuse people when you say something about the 4V, gen Ys would think you refer to a 4 valve head!
    Yeah, the oldies are fun rides, but I don't have to tell you that. For the benefit of the whippersnappers, a 4V is a four venturi or four barrel carburetor. Mine is a 625cfm Road Demon. I don't have a photo posted, but the car is a really stock looking standard convertible in Meadowlark Yellow with black interior and top. It has the chrome rallye wheels, dual sports mirrors and a luggage rack. It's fun to beat guys butts with that thing because it does look like something your grandma would be driving. The cam lope gives it away, however. Even my regular mechanic thought I was B.S.ing about that 14.308 pass. He came out to the drag strip with another client's 69 351W Sportsroof (fastback) that he had just finished and saw my convertible make back to back to back passes at 14.38, 14.32 and 14.36. Came over and admitted he hadn't believed me previously. Then, he didn't build my car like the Sportsroof he was up there with, I did.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by RagTop View Post
    Great time! I'm guessing that your SS has the 3.23 gears instead of the 2.73s. That would probably give you the quicker e.t., but the 107 with the lower gears would tend to indicate that you were making a s--- load of power up top as well. My old girl has 135K on the clock now, so I doubt if it could duplicate that time and trap speed today, but it was pretty impressive (to me at least) for a basically stock car.
    yup 3.23's and a lot of seat time playing with where to launch and such

Thread Information