Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cailey37
    well for one I hope you're not implying that my knowledge is from magazines where everyone claims to have 1000hp.......bottom line....if you're ever in Florida let me know.....I'll show you what it takes to build a car that has the HP.......it's a shame you get all the "experts" on here that think they know what they are talking about....
    sure you do Ace.... I love internet racing, if you have 1000 HP I must have a 2,000. tell you what sport, you post a video of your 1000HP car and I post one of my 10.50@126 run from 2 days ago...

I also have the title of my car if you have yours I'll be glad to put it up against yours anytime........put your money where your mouth is
    oh Pinks, I love that show!! Im surprise your mom and dad let you stay up that late on a school night....

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by cartert75
    Wouldn't be laughing for long if you ever lined em up.......but hey...the only thing that will hurt is your pride.......let me know when you get some real HP.....

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

oh Pinks, I love that show!! Im surprise your mom and dad let you stay up that late on a school night....
    Maybe if Daddy will pay off your car you can afford to race it..........but you might want to check with him first......he might not let you take it to the prom.....

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

sure you do Ace.... I love internet racing, if you have 1000 HP I must have a 2,000. tell you what sport, you post a video of your 1000HP car and I post one of my 10.50@126 run from 2 days ago...
    well sport....I guess not only do I hae to teach you how to race I have to teach you how to read.....please go thru my post one more time and tell me where I said I have 1000hp......if the big words on here are a problem for you maybe someone will help you read them.......yea...go ahead and put your run on there......I highly doubt you know how to count to 10 much less run it...

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

You know....my two year old propably knows more about cars.....

Have you had enough time to search the internet for a 10.50 run to send out as your own??????

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

just a matter of time

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    just a matter of time
    A matter of time????

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

i ran a pulley and catback cobra. bastard didnt wanna race me off the line. he must of guessed i was stalled. anyways, i have most of the bolt ons plus a 224/581 cam and 3000 stall.
    we ran from a 35 mph hit. he jumped ahead of me. his rear was at my side door. by 80 mph we were dead even and by 100 i was pulling on him but shut down.
    while cobras do make more power than most ls1s, the are also heavy.
    i just wish we would of ran it off the line, i would of mauled him.

ive also seen plenty of cobras that would ass rape me. those cars can make some sick power.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula
    i ran a pulley and catback cobra. bastard didnt wanna race me off the line. he must of guessed i was stalled. anyways, i have most of the bolt ons plus a 224/581 cam and 3000 stall.
    we ran from a 35 mph hit. he jumped ahead of me. his rear was at my side door. by 80 mph we were dead even and by 100 i was pulling on him but shut down.
    while cobras do make more power than most ls1s, the are also heavy.
    i just wish we would of ran it off the line, i would of mauled him.

ive also seen plenty of cobras that would ass rape me. those cars can make some sick power.
    Oh I agree there is always someone faster out there....the bottom line is how fast you want to go depends on how deep your pockets are....

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by Flobeast385
    I have no idea what yall are talking about but i do agree with Zap. Most people in here are talking about horsepower, but there are a lot other figures to look for. IMO torque and power curves play a bigger roll than just peak HP. Looking at a dyno sheet can tell you that there is a lot of diff between N/A and Forced Ind.
    hmm not to mention TRACTION and driving ability.. At the track around here I only gain .3 from 100 wet shot of nitrous spraying right off the line because of tire spin. horsepower isnt always an issue...

My brother-in-law just purchased a 03 Cobra and said that as soon as he gets it home he wanted to race me. I cant get my sig to come up but ive got SLP lid/FRA/TBB/Comp 224/581 112 cam/comp 918s and PRs/ Hedman LTs with off road Y and exhaust. The Cobra has and aftermarket pulley, what are my chances from a roll or dig. never raced one and was just curious

I have an almost identicle cam,setup and car as you. Are you tuned? If you are, you should rape him. If your not, get tuned! Its gonna make all the difference in the world.If he is modded and your tuned its gonna be a good race. It dont take much to get a 03 running like a MONSTER.

My cam only LS1 runs 11's na and trap 118-120 with ease pulling not so great sixties. I have waxed more 03-04's then I can count. but I have been beat bye some as well.

Good luck man!
    Last edited by robb4964; 04-02-2006 at 07:51 PM.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I have no idea what yall are talking about but i do agree with Zap. Most people in here are talking about horsepower, but there are a lot other figures to look for. IMO torque and power curves play a bigger roll than just peak HP. Looking at a dyno sheet can tell you that there is a lot of diff between N/A and Forced Ind.
    +1
    Tires, gears, drivers, and weight make a helluva difference too. Comparing dyno numbers is only 25% of the pie. Ignore the whole pie, and you might get some RIGHT IN YOUR FACE.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by robb4964
    I have an almost identicle cam,setup and car as you. Are you tuned? If you are, you should rape him. If your not, get tuned! Its gonna make all the difference in the world.If he is modded and your tuned its gonna be a good race. It dont take much to get a 03 running like a MONSTER.

My cam only LS1 runs 11's na and trap 118-120 with ease pulling not so great sixties. I have waxed more 03-04's then I can count. but I have been beat bye some as well.

Good luck man!
    Not to start anything but a cam only LS1 running 11's???? I've been building these things for a while and can't say that I've accomplished that......are you running juice also??

Not to start anything but a cam only LS1 running 11's???? I've been building these things for a while and can't say that I've accomplished that......are you running juice also??

12.0 on street tires. 11's EASy. This is new news? Thunder racing has a 10.50 cam only LS1 n/a and so do many other people. Honestly,11's are easy. I have dozens of people who know me and can testify and if that aint enough I can produce time slips and even a video. With a 12 bolt and 4:10's I can hit 11.5 without to much of a problem.
    The car responded so well to mods the even I was in shock.I was used to my LT1's When I bought it it was bone stock to the filter. I put a catback,lid,FRA mod on it and trapped 109 all day long at edgewater with ease.

I dont like Nitrous. Im not a fan of part time HP. I was thinking about adding a procharger. I also have lots of other friends running 11's cam only.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

12.0 on street tires. 11's EASy. This is new news? Thunder racing has a 10.50 cam only LS1 n/a and so do many other people. Honestly,11's are easy. I have dozens of people who know me and can testify and if that aint enough I can produce time slips and even a video. With a 12 bolt and 4:10's I can hit 11.5 without to much of a problem.
    The car responded so well to mods the even I was in shock.I was used to my LT1's When I bought it it was bone stock to the filter. I put a catback,lid,FRA mod on it and trapped 109 all day long at edgewater with ease.

I dont like Nitrous. Im not a fan of part time HP. I was thinking about adding a procharger. I also have lots of other friends running 11's cam only.
    With no Head work nothing???? Guess I've been living under a rock....

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Ok...just got this off of Thunder Racing..

Performance Modifications: Thunder Racing T-ReX camshaft, Crane dual springs with .030 shims, Thunder Racing hardened pushrods, Thunder Racing 1-3/4" race headers, F.A.S.T. 90mm intake manifold, F.A.S.T. 90 mm throttle body, Thunder Racing custom dyno tune, Moser 12-bolt rear end, 33 spline axles, 4.56 gears with spool, custom 3.5" aluminum driveshaft, Spec stage 4 clutch, Weld Prostar 15x10 wheels with Mickey Thompson 28x10.5x15 ET drags on the rear, Weld Prostar 15x3.5 front with metric radials.

Chassis & Suspension Modifications: BMR boxed subframe connectors, Wolfe Racecraft 6-point chromemoly roll cage, BMR tubular k-member, BMR tubular front a-arms, HAL "F" series drag shocks and springs, BMR adjustable torque arm, BMR Xtreme Duty drag race sway bar, BMR tubular lower control arms, BMR weld-on LCA relocation brackets, BMR tubular adjustable panhard rod

Windows Media
    Player required
    Get it here

Rodney's car has been raced to a best of 10.433 @ 130.19 mph with a 1.401 sixty foot time. All of this was accomplished on the stock rods, pistons, crankshaft, and cylinder heads. He is the current "camshaft only" ET record holder for LS1 vehicles in the country.

He's got a little more than a cam....and his car had a little diet to get the weight down.....I took it as you were saying all you had to do was put a cam in and go.....

He's got a little more than a cam....and his car had a little diet to get the weight down.....I took it as you were saying all you had to do was put a cam in and go.....

Make no mistake, I have Subframe connectors and a torque arm. Not much more. Air bellow,mail tune,and of course its a ram air. 3:73's in the 10 bolt,centerforce and pacestters. Race weight was 3560 pounds on all of its 11 second passes. With driver of course.

http://videos.camaroz28.com/Player.a...B-1FEBC83B79FD

Watch it. Cam only. N/a. One of its 11 second runs. Of course The 120 MPH traps where on a Cold day. "50 degree's" wich I have pics running thrue the traps and Time slips.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

http://videos.camaroz28.com/Player.a...B-1FEBC83B79FD

Watch it. Cam only. N/a. One of its 11 second runs. Of course The 120 MPH traps where on a Cold day. "50 degree's" wich I have pics running thrue the traps and Time slips.

tried to watch it but the link is not coming up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information