Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by cjg454ss
    heads and cam is enough
    +1

I left a 430+ HP NEW Supercharged Saleen in the dust last month with just bolt-ons and a cam. If I had slicks, the Z would prolly run high 7's at 89 mph with the mods listed below (1/8th mile). I would run any street car with numbers like that. A set of heads, and you are looking at 7.5's, around 95 mph. You would be an idiot to be scared of anything on the street with a car that runs that hard. I ain't scared of no Cobra, and I had one! It wasn't supercharged, but it was still badass. I'd race him in a heartbeat.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

NBM
    '00 Z28

Don't be scared. Hell, he beats you he beats you. That'll just leave him wide open for failure when you mod your f-body.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    Don't be scared. Hell, he beats you he beats you. That'll just leave him wide open for failure when you mod your f-body.
    A modded F-body is an entirely different beast. So is a modded 03-04 Cobra! I am tempted to get one and modify it, just to see what all the hubbub is about.

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    A modded F-body is an entirely different beast. So is a modded 03-04 Cobra! I am tempted to get one and modify it, just to see what all the hubbub is about.

That hubbub would be boost

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!!
    And lots of it! Let's see, first mods, ummm....big ASS pulley, full bassani exhaust, intake, Accufab TB, and tune, that should suffice for the first year of ownership.

The 03-04 Cobra is an empty canvas with major potential for a masterpiece.

That is why you put heads and cam on your LS1 and get it tuned. Then you have a car you can drive everyday as long as the cam is streetable. Then you throw a 100 or 150 shot on top of that and you have a pretty fast daily driver.

white

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!!

boosted ls1 > boosted 4.6

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

boosted ls1 > boosted 4.6

I prefer boosted 5.4

NBM
    '00 Z28

hey Zapfool, do those boosted 5.4s have forged bottom ends?

white

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    hey Zapfool, do those boosted 5.4s have forged bottom ends?
    lol who knows, 40 lbs of boost cant get those heavy things going.

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

lol who knows, 40 lbs of boost cant get those heavy things going.

sits back and lets you think that

White with silver stripes
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerz1
    Great, he knows your not scared the first time he stomps your loaf maker in. He also knows he owns you. The second time you wanna race he'll laugh you down cuz you can't beat him. When that happens, you should experience the most painful embarrassing feeling of your life. You suddenly aren't worth it and no fun to beat. There is no threat. I say go in knowing you COULD take him or leave it alone. Getting beat buy 6-8 car lengths just see where you measure up is just beating on your car. Pretty stupid.

hahaha well now, i never said I got a 6-8 car lenght beating it was more like 4-5. that was the worst i have ever gotten it. and i wont make the mistake of runnin a 10 sec car from a stoplight again. yeah its embarrasing but i dont give a damn. as far as beating on my car... no, ill let her unwind once and a while or give it to that srt4 thats been bothering me for 3 weeks, thats why i bought a fast car in the first place. if shit breaks thats what the warranty is for. Now it is stupid to just go out and race anyone and everything everday and just f-yer car up
    Last edited by wesTXwitesnake05; 03-27-2006 at 08:16 PM.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by wesTXwitesnake05
    hahaha well now, i never said I got a 6-8 car lenght beating it was more like 4-5. that was the worst i have ever gotten it. and i wont make the mistake of runnin a 10 sec car from a stoplight again. yeah its embarrasing but i dont give a damn. as far as beating on my car... no, ill let her unwind once and a while or give it to that srt4 thats been bothering me for 3 weeks, thats why i bought a fast car in the first place. if shit breaks thats what the warranty is for. Now it is stupid to just go out and race anyone and everything everday and just f-yer car up
    I don't think it is embarrassing to lose to a 10 sec car, unless I have a 9 sec car. It takes balls to stand up and face that ass-whuppin'. Can those SRT-4's run? I have been hearing a lot about them. What kind of power and times can they run?

Green
    1998 Z28 - A4

I would say race.. either way its for the best... make a good video... and an even better one once you invest some $$ in it.

2000 Trans Am WS6

thank you, i dont know what they put out. i know the factory offers upgrades such as exhaust and i think a turbo upgrade. this guy had been messin with me for almost 3 weeks and i finally raced him. i was just cruisin around last sat night with a friend and i passed him going the opposite way on a major 4 lane road in the middle of town. he busted a bitch and floored it to catch up with me(i could hear the fart can muffler). we stopped at a light and i saw it was a young mexican kid(probably his first "Fast" car) he started revvin the shit out of his car. bouncin off the rev limiter, a total dumbass, and just annoying the shit out of me as he had been doin for the past 3 weeks nearly everyday. i told my friend this fucker had been doin this forever but i didnt think it would be much of a race and more of a waste of gas so i never raced him. my friend suggested that i put him in his place so i opened up the cutout and gave a few 4,000 rpm rev's to drownd out the vaccume cleaner under his hood. we waited for the light and i had a relatively good launch at 1800 rpms. i feathered the clutch and kept the rpms up but tried not to spin (didnt work). and once i caught traction i gave it 3/4 throttle and shifted at 5500, spun halfway thru second. third went great and i pulled about another length, shifted to fourth, and then i looked for him. i was very suprised, i dusted him off the line and gained about three and a half cars. we went well over 1/4 mile and he actually gained about a car legth to my 3 1/2 car lead. so at about 110mph he was about 2 1/2 - 3 lengths behind me, but wasnt making any more ground. we pulled into a parking lot and started talking and he had the factory upgrades from the dodge dealer exhaust, fuel upgrades, filter, intercooler, and i think a turbo and some other suspension upgrades or something, i forgot. he said it was making 320+ horses. of course i didnt belive him cuz he just got owned. but it was pretty quick for an srt4. i know there is one in town that ran a 12 flat with a not so good driver. so they can be made very quick. i dont know much about rice and its all the same to me, its usually in the rearview!
    00' ws6, custom paint, bolt on's and bolt in's.. http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewvehicle.php?id=11454

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    I don't think it is embarrassing to lose to a 10 sec car, unless I have a 9 sec car. It takes balls to stand up and face that ass-whuppin'. Can those SRT-4's run? I have been hearing a lot about them. What kind of power and times can they run?
    U COULD UPGRADE THE TURBOS OR JUST GO TO DODGE WHICH UPGRADES THE STAGES I THINK UP TO 3 0R 4 WHICH BASICALLY GIVES THEM ROUND 400RWHP OR MORE, I MIGHT BE OFF A LIL HOWEVER I KNOW THE STAGE 2 PUTS IT TO LIKE 270 BUT THESE CARS HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO TAKE VIPERS B4, I SHIT U NOT MAN, THEY RESPOND AS WELL TO MODS AS THE LS1 DOES

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

That is a nice trans am. I like the blue trim and the hawk on the air bag cover. Surfed around your web page a little, that big ass trash can muffler behind the import was f*ck*n hilarious, and where the trans am sprays the nitrous on the parked import. If you put some 295's or bigger on the back of that trans, you will reduce wheelspin dramatically in 2nd and 3rd. Not as fun, but great for smokin' the sh*t out the competition.

Nice kill, by the way. He deserved it. Damn irritating rice e roni fartbox.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by MIDNITELT1Z
    U COULD UPGRADE THE TURBOS OR JUST GO TO DODGE WHICH UPGRADES THE STAGES I THINK UP TO 3 0R 4 WHICH BASICALLY GIVES THEM ROUND 400RWHP OR MORE, I MIGHT BE OFF A LIL HOWEVER I KNOW THE STAGE 2 PUTS IT TO LIKE 270 BUT THESE CARS HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO TAKE VIPERS B4, I SHIT U NOT MAN, THEY RESPOND AS WELL TO MODS AS THE LS1 DOES
    Factory turbocharged minicars are a real threat to the classic muscle cars like Mustangs and Camaros. We can't afford to take any of them lightly, such as the WRX and the Evos. Next thing you know, the Mini Cooper S is gonna be putting down big numbers.

2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by MIDNITELT1Z

i dont know about 400rwhp but i asked my friend who works at the dodge dealership as a servic manager and he said the stage 2 like u said is around 275 and stage 3 can get it up to 350hp. maybe with a methanol injection and an onboard laptop they could get close to 400? haha thatd be crazy, that car's tranny would probably snap like a twig with 400rwhp

roastem thanks for lookn at mt webpage, the stripes are actually a metallic silver paint that is on some mercedes cars. i'll try the 295's next time around. i had 315,35?,17 bfg drags on it and they rubbed like a mother, so downgraded to 275/35/17 bfg's burned them off and went with 285/35/17 continentals. it's worth a try for sure. did u see the link for the funny ricer video on that page? now that was some funny shit!

here it is:http://videos.streetfire.net/player....D5C9BB11A9&p=0
    Last edited by wesTXwitesnake05; 03-28-2006 at 02:20 PM.

Mystic Teal
    2000 Z28

a buddy ofmine has a '02 A4 z28 with corsa only and he raced a local guy that has an '03 cobra..he didnt get beat bad at all...mabye 2 cars tops... thats not bad considering the cobra is 390 stock and the z28 is 310 stock... i thought the z28 did well. i'm sure that the cobras are the same as any other sports car, "some are fraks and some arent" but i do admit, if i ever bought a mustang...the 03-04 cobra would be the puppy i'd take home

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information