Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Black
    98 Camaro Z28

Also would upgrading my fuel injectors and rails be worth it?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by Herb18 View Post
    Thank you to everyone for all the suggestions. I forgot to add that it is an auto transmission. I was thinking about upgrading to a LS6 or a FAST intake, pacesetter headers, and would like to upgrade the heads and cam, but i am kinda scared to with the high mileage and i know absolutely nothing about them. First though i need new shocks, mine are in bad shape, could anyone suggest some pretty good shocks, I plan on mostly using it for drag, but would like to do some autocross as well.
    I'm currently running LS6 intake and Pacesetter LT's. Luv 'em. With a Magnaflow muffler it has a nice rumble with the stock cam that 98's have. I get asked all the time if I've upgraded the cam. If you want something now for about $300 go with LS6, If you have the $$$ get the FAST.

Mod away. In regards to high mileage I have 130k and I started modding it at 108k. If you pull the cylinder heads and you look at the walls of the piston to see if the cross hatching is still there. If so and no scratch or other indicators of wear you are ok.

Suspension setups for drag and auto cross are very different. Drag you only worry about going straight, auto cross you are moving everything. Not all suspension set ups work for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb18 View Post
    Also would upgrading my fuel injectors and rails be worth it?
    I wouldn't recommend upgrading the fuel injectors yet. You'll need it later if you go turbo or super charger. I've never messed with spray so I can't say about that. If you do increase them a fuel pump and tuning are a must.

This is something I'd wait on till you get to that stage of a build like mention above.

Rails - maybe, for me it would fail into the looks upgrade more then function.

Black
    98 Camaro Z28

Im really thinking about the BBK intake, Pacesetter headers, cam, subframe connectors, and Im not sure which shocks im going to get..and I might go ahead and get it tuned. Im fairly sure the engine is in good shape, it runs great and it has no leaks anywhere...I would think it would have at least a small one with the mileage. Im about to have my other car payed off so that will be an extra 360 a month to mod my car and I might just try to look for a 6 speed firebird for the autox...Im really not sure how well my camaro would do being an AT4.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If you're changing the cam, plan on having it tuned.

Thread Information