Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

any LS-x/L-T1 vs. Neon SRT-4

I know these are quick cars (SRT-4) but in dodgetalk.com the Srt-4 owners were basically telling me that they'll walk any car including L-SX/L-T1 cars which I find to be H.S. what do you guys think?

BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

What you think is correct.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

I ran my buddy's bone-stock '03 SRT-4 in my air-lid & cat-back, auto, '02 WS6 in the 1/8th mile. I ran a 8.6@84 to his 9.3 (or so).

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I spanked an 04 from a dig with a BOV, intake & exhaust by about 4 cars or so when I hit the top of second. I'm guessing he had a boost controler too. The only power mods for me so far was a fipk and Borla cat back and some suspension.

MrMiracle
    The rumors of the SRT-4s performance mostly come from its top speed, which is in slight excess of 160 mph. While it has the necessary rear wheel force to overcome its drag up to that speed, it doesn't really do it particularly fast. I've seen them run at WIR to the tune of low 14s.

Its good technology, but I don't think most folk know what to do with it.

Get used to tha view!
    Do mean rear wheel force as in aerodynamics or rwhp? That car's front wheel drive. I see alot of SRT4s at the track running high 13.7-13.90's. But the car's kinda ugly to me and its a neon. No flames just imo.

they are cheap and easy to make fast. not that great in stock form, but don't sleep on all of them. i see these as being the new dsm's. not great to look at, but easy power from a forced induction 4.

mopar dealer upgrades could get the old ones to 300hp. now dodge has killed the neon and called it a caliber. i'm not sure what all has changed.

Silver
    04 srt4

i have a 04 neon srt4 whatever the hell you wanna call it....

i've raced a stock ta ws6 from a 40 roll on and put 5 cars on him.

I've ran a lightly modded SS(Intake/Exhaust and something else) from the same 40 roll and only got a 1-2 lengths on him....

but keep in mind i'm still running stock turbo/ no nitrous......and my track times are 12.3 (my best so far) and up....but i've got some other decent mods

I dont get to many opportunities to run them but it's always a good run....

I've noticed that the LT1's are laughable and all the rest i seem to run into are hella fast ls1's that are 500+ hp that i wouldn't waste my gas on....

oh and i seem to get my ass handed to me by those damn 04 cobras that have upgraded their damn s/c's ....but those piss me off more than anything......

oh and mine on the dyno ran 323hp/367lbs tq

red
    97slp ramair

laughable

I have all bolt ons and raced a stage 3 from a roll and he pulled 2 cars on me and i still have no cam and heads. From a dead stop I left him with dradials...Your saying you run 12.3 with not even changing the turbo in it. Oh and my car is an lt1 stage 1 and 2s are decent but stage 3s are pretty quick. So your saying that lt1s are laughable. we just put heads and cam on his lt1 with 133k on the engine and he dynoed 430 with custom cam and heads from lloyed elliot. And its an auto he should run high tens.... I think you probably ran some poor running lt1s.

black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

What other descent mods?

probably just the basics. supporting mods, clamp, boost controller, blah blah blah

Silver
    04 srt4

well it's a stage 2, safc, dog bone motor mounts, drag radials, cai, big thottle body, turbo back exhaust, wga set to 21psi to red line, big front mount incooler, hard ic pipes, fuel return kit....and i'm sure something else and i just cant think of it all

but the 11's are near cause my nitrous kit came in yesterday just waiting on the cash to get it installed......

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

I took my car out of storage on Saturday and took it to the car wash. On my way back it started running like shit and I was trying to figure out why so I kept running it pretty hard. A guy in an SRT4 was behind me and decided he wanted to play, so he tried to swing out into oncoming traffic to pass me. I kept it to the floor in 3rd and he couldn't get around and had to get back behind me again. It was much closer than it should have been though so I was wondering wtf was wrong with my car. When I got home the first thing I checked was the spark plug wires, and sure enough one of them was off. I didn't even need all 8 cylinders to take care of him. I think they are even with a stock LT1, but a stock LS1 would be WAY ahead.
    2006 GTO M6 Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2009 Silverado LT ECRB 5.3 Z71 4x4 Granite Black Metallic

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by tibshark
    i have a 04 neon srt4 whatever the hell you wanna call it....

i've raced a stock ta ws6 from a 40 roll on and put 5 cars on him.

I've ran a lightly modded SS(Intake/Exhaust and something else) from the same 40 roll and only got a 1-2 lengths on him....

but keep in mind i'm still running stock turbo/ no nitrous......and my track times are 12.3 (my best so far) and up....but i've got some other decent mods

I dont get to many opportunities to run them but it's always a good run....

I've noticed that the LT1's are laughable and all the rest i seem to run into are hella fast ls1's that are 500+ hp that i wouldn't waste my gas on....

oh and i seem to get my ass handed to me by those damn 04 cobras that have upgraded their damn s/c's ....but those piss me off more than anything......

oh and mine on the dyno ran 323hp/367lbs tq

Car and Driver: 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, top speed 153 mph

Sport Compact Car: 0-60 in 5.8 seconds, quarter mile 14.2 seconds.

http://www.allpar.com/neon/neon-srt-4.html
    Dude I got news for you, the LSx LT1 you were running with weren't racing you.

Silver
    04 srt4

right it wasnt racing.....and when i put on this nitrous kit and start running mid 11's the ls1's wont be racing either right? I know it's hard to imagine....oh wait i forgot your mighty ls1's never ever lose...........

your one of those fools that underestimates these little cars....

your the ones i love running into in real life...

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by tibshark
    right it wasnt racing.....and when i put on this nitrous kit and start running mid 11's the ls1's wont be racing either right? I know it's hard to imagine....oh wait i forgot your mighty ls1's never ever lose...........

your one of those fools that underestimates these little cars....

your the ones i love running into in real life...
    I've lost and I admit it, I don't underestimate anything,read some of my other threads and you'll see. And my loss was to an import (3000GT VR4 modded). Go figure an honest LS1 driver. My point is there is no stock srt4 that will pull 5 cars on an LS1 unless the LS1 is not racing. Your the one I like running into on the road, typical 4 bangor that thinks he can take anything. Now I know not all 4 bangors are slow eg. Evo VIII & STI but I'm not gonna waste my time on your srt4

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 98LSGUN

Car and Driver: 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, top speed 153 mph

Sport Compact Car: 0-60 in 5.8 seconds, quarter mile 14.2 seconds.

http://www.allpar.com/neon/neon-srt-4.html
    Dude I got news for you, the LSx LT1 you were running with weren't racing you.
    Yep, like I said it looks about like stock LT1 numbers.

I have run into a few SRT-4s with my 3000gt-VR4 and i put few cars on them everytime.(one of them was a stage 2 and i am not sure on the other 2) I just kept having problems with the damn ls1s. Everytime i would upgrade somethimg in my car or turn the boost up, i would find an ls1 that inches on me everytime. I just put on my bigger turbos and ran 3 ls1s and won all 3. They were real close though. There are a bunch of SRT-4s down here now that are no joke. i watched 5 of them hit into the mid 11s at the track and a few hit low 12s. I just hate how after stage 2 they backfire all the time.

Silver
    04 srt4

my best at the track was 12.3 before the IC and hard IC pipes... My nitrous kit goes on tues and i'll start with a 50 shot and work my up to 100 shot...

dont get me wrong there are many ls1's out there that are faster than my car...even more so on a forum like here where everyone loves to mod their cars.... but all i'm saying is my car aint a stock srt 4 by anymeans. and it will surprise the hell out of people when they race it.

I'm hoping for the mid to low 11 with nitrous or else i might finally bend and go for the 50 trim turbo....

i just hate how there are people on forums that think their car is god. obviously there are cars that run faster than 11's...

it just sounds like someone hates that their v8's are being beaten by smaller engines............

but for the record i love SS's and WS6's and am in the process of buying one just for a weekend car. That's why i was trolling the forum and saw this thread....

oh and lsgun i've run againt many sti's and evo's and have been beat by one of em yet....but then again since my car doesn't have a expensive price tag on it, it cant be faster than those right?

just my .02
    Last edited by tibshark; 04-22-2006 at 06:51 AM.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

$$$ can make cars go fast, all depends on how much you wanna put into it. For me though looks ARE important, I have to drive the damn thing everyday as a DD. So with that said it's still a neon. Looks of the ride take preference to the speed of the ride for my needs and that is just my .02. I could go out tomorrow and get smoked by a 12 second hatchback civic, but at the end of the day it's still a civic to me. It's all a matter of preference

Thread Information