Page 351 of 356 FirstFirst ... 51101151201251301311321331347348349350351352353354355 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,020 of 7102

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Got told that the last of the 6.0L’s parts are en route to the shop. Now I need to work a time to drop Gracie off.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

I've been hearing a lot of ppl been going thru hell getting parts in.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Man,, it's been awhile since I've been on this site. I haven't done a whole lot to the T/A this year except take it auto X'ing twice. Coming home from the last one it poured down rain on me so I had to re-detail it. Getting it ready for semi-winter hibernation = I-ll bring it out on unusually nice Md. winter days just to keep things moving. I think I'll go out now and take the race wheels/tires off and put on ones that won't complain in temps under 40 deg.
    '02 Black RamAir M6--Kooks LTH, Magnaflo, Lowered Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks, Tuned By Frost, K&N & SLP box, Smooth bellows, polished TB, Spohn perf. suspension, shock tower brace. UMI 3point SFC. Front & side splitters w/ canards. American Racing 18" wheels & Mich. Pilot SS titres
    '76 LagunaS3 - 355ci , 350 turbo, 3:55's

Navy Blue Metallic

Santa has come early for me.....

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Drove the WS6 to Richmond. Tomorrow AM, Gracie gets dropped off to Jason for the 6.0 build install and a few other things.

Still have 2/3 of a tank of gas, from Harford County to Richmond.
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    L76 6.0L block, PRC Ported 243 heads, Texas Speed 224R cam.
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Sway Bar
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    UMI Welded-on Two Piece Subframe Connectors
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact Sports all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    415 rwhp

black
    1999 pontiac T/A WS-6

getting my black bird back on the road been to long just pick up a rack and pinon

Today, technically nothing, but I remembered to check in here. Early this week, after months of having to oversee repairs of many different secondary parts of the aging TA, I got to do a little street cat-and-mouse with a much-newer, higher-end sports car (maybe a Ferrari, if those have loud engines). The one thing about my car that has almost never let me down is the engine. With speed limits and obstacles, I can keep up with a better car and then quit and head down a different road before I lose
    Last edited by clovenhooves; 01-21-2022 at 10:13 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic

K member, upper and lower a arms have been ordered from UMI. K member has come in but a arms are on back order. Waiting on my new Pinon yoke to come in from Strange. goes from factory style 1330 u joint to 1350. once it's in I can do the rear diff.

Barely drove it, just for errands. Still some employee outside the store asked (a first) if it was "LS" and then gave a compliment. I never start the interactions with the strangers who say the nice things. It's one of the few benefits of owning this car. Its cost of operation and resale value are terrible. It's like the automotive equivalent of a visibly aging, still kinda hot blonde with "issues." The belle of low-brow sports cars. People like it more than they should. Even I wouldn't trade it for a somewhat more expensive, newer sedan with much lower mileage.
    Last edited by clovenhooves; 01-26-2022 at 10:09 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic

prices have come up. some to stupid levels of idiocy. Mine is never for sale. Hell my daughter has laid claim to it if I ever leave this planet.

I get compliments, gawking and envious looks all the time. Sometimes the occasional idiot that names every other brand/model but the right one and then swears they owned the fastest factory freak back in 199x. Or better yet argue with me with what I've done or have in it. Mofo please I got the receipts....

I didn't drive at all today. This winter I've been driving as little as I ever have since college....

Besides pushing the car a bit while driving and eyeing it myself, one of the only benefits is others' reactions. I've never gotten into an argument with anyone offline about it. I automatically minimize my interactions with strangers, many of whom seem sketchy. "Thanks" or an answer to a question usually is how it ends. At worst, "No, sorry, not selling it" and/or "You wouldn't want to buy it because...."

Navy Blue Metallic

It doesn't happen every time I go out. just once and a while at cruise ins or car meets

Oh. I've never been to one of those.

I drove my car across the street. It has been ill. The reason why was part of an angry discussion I had with a few people recently. There's no fun in a sports car that isn't running well.

My car feels back to normal and so I went. I had to use metered parking at one point and just as I was going to put change in an old guy told me he was leaving and had an hour-and-a-half left on the spot ahead of mine. I thanked him and waited for him to pull out in his sports car (not sure what type but it was modern). Then I pulled up and there was no time on that meter Maybe he was senile or devious and trying to trick me into a ticket. One of my weirdest parking experiences ever.

I got a clown saying "Knight rider" while I was about to exit my car. Wrong decade, guy. I hardly acknowledged him.

Has anyone driven past another TA recently? I haven't seen one on the road this year and maybe since before the pandemic.

Navy Blue Metallic

I seen several in my area.

Okay. Maybe 4th-gen cars were never common around here. I wasn't living here in the previous century and can only guess. Gas prices possibly were already relatively high, and those cars guzzle gas. I do think most owners of them here dumped them in favor of 21st-century muscle cars, despite those being in my opinion kind of brick-like ugly.

On the other hand, as I drive less, I'll see fewer of any cars.

My 2.5 miles today included this experience:
    Me being unable to resist staring at an older woman with visibly messed-up legs standing feet away from a wheelchair panhandling at an intersection and her then saying something to me with my window rolled up. It wasn't making much sense. She clarified. "You don't see many of these anymore, Pontiac Trans Ams." And she was right! I was thinking about that before I reached the intersection and thought of a reason.....

It's worse when they're mentally sound but physically disabled and homeless probably due to bad luck. But that setup is so common for scammers and so disruptive that no way I'll give money. I only nodded at her.
    Last edited by clovenhooves; 02-11-2022 at 02:19 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic

Getting some fun stuff ready to go on.

I'm almost sure I saw tonight my first F-body in a long, long time. It was gray, probably a 4th-gen Camaro SS. Parked near me as I headed off briefly. I think a few hours earlier a newer Mustang GT might have been trying to show off in front of me. It was accelerating fast and loudly and weaving past other vehicles and I just drove normally and caught up to it soon. Mustangs,

Page 351 of 356 FirstFirst ... 51101151201251301311321331347348349350351352353354355 ... LastLast

Thread Information