Page 354 of 356 FirstFirst ... 454104154204254304314324334350351352353354355356 LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,080 of 7102

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Are you using the old engine mounts, new, poly or solid? Poly and definitely solid will increase vibrations feel. If the mounts are old oem rubber ones you'll feel vibration also.

Another thing ppl overlook is the Transmission mount too. If you run poly on the engine you need to as well for tranny.

After a rebuild its common to have to go back under and recheck bolt tightness and adjust exhaust.

Enjoy it, just remember break in miles and check with builder about oil changes. Look at oil on those changes for bearing material.

The mounts (engine & transmission) are all new, OEM style.

I know the exhaust mounts are squeaking a lot, I could hear them, idling next to a Jersey wall.

I plan on going to a local performance shop for the first oil change, and have them check the oil for metals and whatnot.

I was told to go with 10W30, probably about another 700 or so miles before that oil change.

Funny thing is now, I have two cars with fresh engines, that will eventually need their first oil change.
    Last edited by Whamhammer; 08-23-2022 at 05:50 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Hopefully the transmission doesn't get jealous of the new engine and decide it wants a rebuild too.

Have fun. I haven't been able to enjoy mine this year at all. I think I've only put on less than 1200 miles this yr, and last yr maybe the same. The previous 3 yrs combine a total of 1500. I had a rough period between breaking my hand that required being in a cast twice and then knee surgery, then having the slave and tranny issues that led to more down time.

I last seriously drove it July 2nd. It's been non stop raining every damn day since beginning of June. And on that last trip I almost lost control. Was on interstate when a pop up shower dropped, normally I wouldn't care. But the road got so wet I felt the rear end starting to hydroplaning, as I slowed down a semi blows by me and his wake severely disrupt my car and it started to fishtail. I had to fight to regain control to prevent spin out at 70-80mph. The ass pucker factor hit about a 7/10, seat cushion was definitely starting to be sucked in. I checked my tire tread later on and it's still acceptable but may still get some new ones anyways.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Hopefully the transmission doesn't get jealous of the new engine and decide it wants a rebuild too.

Have fun. I haven't been able to enjoy mine this year at all. I think I've only put on less than 1200 miles this yr, and last yr maybe the same. The previous 3 yrs combine a total of 1500. I had a rough period between breaking my hand that required being in a cast twice and then knee surgery, then having the slave and tranny issues that led to more down time.

I last seriously drove it July 2nd. It's been non stop raining every damn day since beginning of June. And on that last trip I almost lost control. Was on interstate when a pop up shower dropped, normally I wouldn't care. But the road got so wet I felt the rear end starting to hydroplaning, as I slowed down a semi blows by me and his wake severely disrupt my car and it started to fishtail. I had to fight to regain control to prevent spin out at 70-80mph. The ass pucker factor hit about a 7/10, seat cushion was definitely starting to be sucked in. I checked my tire tread later on and it's still acceptable but may still get some new ones anyways.

I hear you, the transmission got rebuilt 150k ago, and the clutch assembly is all new, so the transmission has had some love (was the second rebuild, the first one, someone accidently got RTV on moving parts).

The car was out since New Year's, so we are glad to have it back. I think this winter is interior work, maybe any wheel well rust repair, plop on the new dash top that I have had for almost two years.

I am going to look for a second rear C5 ZO6 rear wheel, so when I buy new tires, I can run wider 18"s on the back, the current tires are about 4 years old.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Got my second C5 ZO6 18" wheel. I figure that my next set of tires will be 285/40/17 in the front and 295/35/18 in the rear.
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    L76 6.0L block, PRC Ported 243 heads, Texas Speed 224R cam.
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Sway Bar
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    UMI Welded-on Two Piece Subframe Connectors
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact Sports all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    415 rwhp

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

So, I just picked this up a few weeks back:

1997 TA WS6, Hardtop, 6spd, Black with cloth interior. Running the RPO codes with just that info, it breaks down to 1 of 86.

I might have jumped on this car with a little bit of a "White Knight" complex. I saw the potential that this car can be brought back to. So, I moved on it to get it away from the previous owner before the car ended up to far gone. It has some mechanical issues (CEL w/ P0400 EGR code, butchered exhaust before cat-back, clutch, window motors) but cosmetically, it's an all around solid car.

Goodies include: LT1 Prokit, Borla cat-back, Strut bar, Car Cover, new tires.

Attachment 27248
    Attachment 27249

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211129_174016_475.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	27250

Just wanted to come in and say hi. I wrapped my car recently. Running good. Yesterday marks 12 years of owning her.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbonds View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211129_174016_475.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	27250

Just wanted to come in and say hi. I wrapped my car recently. Running good. Yesterday marks 12 years of owning her.
    Looking neat and nice! My friend recently got a new WS6 and he's planning to wrap it after installing the new brake pads and tires from 4Wheelonline this week.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Just learned that cammed six liters dont like 220k mile old IAC motors

I can actually drive in reverse now ROFL

Bump.

My TA has been through a lot lately, except for driving. I did a little of that today, partly to oversee correction of a minor car problem. Toward the end of my trip, at an intersection, the other two LS1 types were there in the same 30 seconds. A silver Corvette and a Camaro, I think black. As the years go by, that will almost never happen.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Car is finally a fulltime resident in the garage, totally cleaned and ceramic waxed the exterior glass. Getting ready to take the carpet out, and clean out the floor sheetmetal, and sound-deaden the floor, and put in new carpet over the winter.

I took mine out in nasty weather today. It's been getting beat up in various ways, but still runs well and car people think I should I keep it. Roads were less busy than usual, but I had the pleasure of a yellow TA (2002?) drive past me in the other direction. Those aren't going to the scrapyard. I motioned to the driver, but I don't think that person noticed or reciprocated.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by clovenhooves View Post
    I took mine out in nasty weather today. It's been getting beat up in various ways, but still runs well and car people think I should I keep it. Roads were less busy than usual, but I had the pleasure of a yellow TA (2002?) drive past me in the other direction. Those aren't going to the scrapyard. I motioned to the driver, but I don't think that person noticed or reciprocated.
    No reason to not keep it and rejuvenate and enjoy it.

I am hoping that enough people hold onto and try to refresh their 4th Gens that manufacturers start making more and a broader selection of replacement parts.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Go the WS6 back, two weekends ago. New rocker arm, and first oil change under the belt, and only an acceptable amount of break-in metal found.

Definitely have a throttle dead spot, we think it's the TPS, I got a factory unit and will be installing it, and a new IAT , this weekend. Going to see if it can quickly relearn the TPS, and fix everything.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Took Gracie out for a ride on Labor Day, had a great time. Spent most of the time with the windows down but it started getting hot, so I rolled up the windows and turned on the AC; never got cold.

Hooked up the pressure gage, thinking it would be low, didn't hear the clutch cycling, and the pressure is in the red/high area. Figured the compressor has keeled over, I guess 221,000 is above and beyond the call of duty

Fun, fun, fun!!

Navy Blue Metallic

Hopefully I get my 98 out this Friday to go to Cruising the Coast.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Hopefully I get my 98 out this Friday to go to Cruising the Coast.
    Nice!!!

I hope to have enough of my car refreshed to where I can cruise with mine, next summer.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

I have been driving Gracie, from time to time, usually on Daddy-Daughter trips. The 6.0L build is definitely fun to drive!

Gas mileage is a bit "meh" still but may have improved with a local performance shop realigning the exhaust (was starting to slip loose and was shaking all around) and found one of the intake hose clamps was loose. It feels better but I think it still needs some low RPM, stop-and-go throttle area tuning. Smells horrible until after driving 10-20 miles, throttle response is definitely better after driving a bit; I may get a new 80mm throttle body , as the original one is over 220k miles old, and a little bit more intake air probably wont hurt!

Saving up for a 12 bolt, and either 3.73:1 or 4.11:1 gears, which I could find 3.90:1's, though.

Would like to replace carpet and seat leather this winter, waiting to see if a settlement that I am waiting on will be where I think it is.

Navy Blue Metallic

Go ahead and get a 90mm TB and intake. More air = more performance, let that 6.0 breath.

3.73 gr is a pretty solid gr. I had 4.11 in my 8.8 but when I put the Wavetrac Diff in I dropped down to 3.93 GR. I got some of my mpg back but still have enough gr to get it moving like with 4.11's 3.73's give you more torque off the line but doesn't sacrifice mpg and top end speed that higher gr do.

IMHO carpet made more of a visual change for the interior then getting new seats. If you do carpet, get some sound deadner like FatMat or Dynomat. It does make a difference.

Smells? = clogged cats?

Updates on my rides: 98 TA - Still fine tuning the coil overs but a shit ton of difference over shock and springs.
    00 Vert - daughter is having a phantom issue with the 6cyl. It randomly refuses to start. So far haven't been able to figure what the gremlin is. I f'ing loath electrical issues.
    78 TA? - tore the front end completely down, removed the sub-frame, wired wheel the rust off and Por15 it completely, remove the old bushings on the a arms and currently waiting media blast to be able to paint them as well. I ordered Energy Suspension Master Bushing Poly Kit as well as new ball joints etc. I have pics, not sure if to start a build thread or not.

I'm getting rotator surgery next week so that's going to be putting a pause for next few months.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Go ahead and get a 90mm TB and intake. More air = more performance, let that 6.0 breath.

3.73 gr is a pretty solid gr. I had 4.11 in my 8.8 but when I put the Wavetrac Diff in I dropped down to 3.93 GR. I got some of my mpg back but still have enough gr to get it moving like with 4.11's 3.73's give you more torque off the line but doesn't sacrifice mpg and top end speed that higher gr do.

IMHO carpet made more of a visual change for the interior then getting new seats. If you do carpet, get some sound deadner like FatMat or Dynomat. It does make a difference.

Smells? = clogged cats?

Updates on my rides: 98 TA - Still fine tuning the coil overs but a shit ton of difference over shock and springs.
    00 Vert - daughter is having a phantom issue with the 6cyl. It randomly refuses to start. So far haven't been able to figure what the gremlin is. I f'ing loath electrical issues.
    78 TA? - tore the front end completely down, removed the sub-frame, wired wheel the rust off and Por15 it completely, remove the old bushings on the a arms and currently waiting media blast to be able to paint them as well. I ordered Energy Suspension Master Bushing Poly Kit as well as new ball joints etc. I have pics, not sure if to start a build thread or not.

I'm getting rotator surgery next week so that's going to be putting a pause for next few months.
    No, I don't think its a cat issue, the smell is heavy exhaust, possibly too rich, but not enough that smells like raw fuel? It does get better (but not normal) once the car has been driven for a while (10-20 miles).

For the gearing, Jason, the guy who built and installed the engine is recommending the 4.11's, over 3.73's, because of the 224R cam, but I do know he prefers tires taller than 26", which is around where I plan to keep my tire height. The power band is definitely at a higher curve than before, and sixth is feeling a bit more tall now.

I need new seat covers because they are old and dried up, the driver side upper has been cracked too.

I'm not quite there on buying a new intake manifold, as most are $800 and up, before buying the throttle body and possibly rails, a new MAF, and intake hoses; I also don't want a manifold that screams "look at me, Im not factory!" It just seems like a large investment for low results; I may be wrong though.

I am curious about the V6 'bird not starting and interested to hear the solution.

I hope your surgery goes well, I was supposed to have foot surgery in mid-December, but my surgeon has pulled a "Where's Waldo" for a few months, so I am seeing different surgeon that either can operate sooner or at least give me a second opinion.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Just drove Gracie yesterday, with 125 miles of light load driving, mostly cruising at highways speed, I used 7.222 gallons of gas; so that 17.3 MPG. Thats the best that I have achieved so far; I was figuring that I would have closer to 20 MPG or so. I am starting to think I may want to replace to O2 sensors.

I am still thinking the tune is a bit too rich for lower RPM & idle. Still having a surge if I am coasting in neutral with my foot not in the clutch and it drops with the foot into the clutch.

Page 354 of 356 FirstFirst ... 454104154204254304314324334350351352353354355356 LastLast

Thread Information