Page 340 of 356 FirstFirst ... 4090140190240290300310320336337338339340341342343344 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,800 of 7102

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Wow, those look brand spanking new, and with led lights? Sweet. I would love to have the money to replace everything that is worn or faded. Guess what I'm saying is that I would like a brand new factory fresh WS6 MM6 Firebird TransAm!!! With ZERO miles!! What a dream!! Hahaha!
    Ported/Polished throttle body, Lingenfelter launch module, SLP line lock, QTP exhaust cutout, LS7 clutch, K&N, Ceramic coated longtubes, no cats, 3" exhaust, Flowmaster "B", Eibach springs, Midwest Chassis 9" rearend w/4.10's

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I can't wait to do something LED related with my headlamps. I can't stand the normal color and poor output.
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Red

I wish they made sealed beam headlamps in LED. Ones that you can plug and play, and not have to install in line resistors and LED flashers for the DRL's. I do like the LED color and brightness and the low power draw and the more intense light and their super long life. I put LED's in the map light and trunk light and have been very happy with them.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

When I did my HID's, LEDs where not on the scene yet or were damn expensive. Now if I was to do again I would do HID's for low and LED's for high. This combo works best.

I made a thread on how to do this.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Navy Blue Metallic

So with the pending Zombie virus epidemic I have some extra time to knock out projects.

Installed the UMI Performance 35mm Sway Bar and discovers my pass side boot on the R&P is torn as well as a possible leak from the PS pump........again....what is with these damn things At least it won't kill my alternator

The UMI is 35mm and the stock on is 28mm. Huge difference in driving now. I had some body roll but not as bad as before when I changed the springs and shocks. With the Tower Brace it really has minimal body roll now. So much so that I feel it more from the rear which has the stock sway bar now, which was a little weird at first.

Installed the new led's in the steering wheel controls. Looks great. Now I need to figure out a couple of other lights like the HVAC and door panel lights.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    I wish they made sealed beam headlamps in LED. Ones that you can plug and play, and not have to install in line resistors and LED flashers for the DRL's. I do like the LED color and brightness and the low power draw and the more intense light and their super long life. I put LED's in the map light and trunk light and have been very happy with them.
    I have LEDs in my front blinkers and side markers and didn't use resistors cause I swapped my flasher to an electronic flasher unit. No hyper flash and it functions great. One of my favorite doings to the car as the response and brightness of LED fascinates me.

I will probably do the LMC truck mod to my headlamps and put LED kits in since I do not want to spent $900 on the projector kit from Black Bird Lighting.

Navy Blue Metallic

I did the full HID conversion a few years ago. Based on how much stuff has changed and improved I recommend doing HID for Low beams and LED's for the High.

The HID's take a min to warm up while the LED's are an instant on. HID's provide much more light over an area where as LED's are a more focus beam that is why they're preferred for High beams.

I have a how to in the Sticky threads on how to do this.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWS6 View Post
    I have LEDs in my front blinkers and side markers and didn't use resistors cause I swapped my flasher to an electronic flasher unit. No hyper flash and it functions great. One of my favorite doings to the car as the response and brightness of LED fascinates me.

I will probably do the LMC truck mod to my headlamps and put LED kits in since I do not want to spent $900 on the projector kit from Black Bird Lighting.
    That's a good idea Darren. Super Bright LED's sells that very flasher. Think I'll do it. Thanks for sharing this!

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Here is my install and demonstration video.

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

Hi Guys...

Firstly, I hope all is well with all of you with this present Corona pain in the a**?!

Now... I peeled the cover off and put a freshly charged battery in place after giving the car
    a good clean and polish.

It started just fine and after a few stumbles after such a long hiatus it idled just fine, however
    there is a noticeable ticking noise ( possibly you'd call it a tapping noise?) going on.

Cannot remember it doing it previously but maybe it did!? It appears to be ( as you stand at the front)
    coming from somewhere fairly central, and forward, but could be very slightly more to the passenger side?

Any ideas guys??? I know these cars have piston slap from cold but I don't reckon it is that. It carries
    on after warming up. I seem to remember asking the owner of my previous TA and he said water pump???

Dunno.....

Anyhow... Keep well all of you and here's hoping for a nice simple answer coming my way from one of you!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Go ahead and drive her. Could just be that the standard LS1 clatter seems a bit louder to you as it has been a few months. I wouldn't worry unless it persists or gets louder. Also, a "tick" can sometimes be an exhaust leak - especially if you have aftermarket headers and a fastener has backed off a bit. This noise usually disappears when things get hot (and expand) unless it is really loose.

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

Jeff,

Thanks...... I did in fact consider it being an exhaust leak but after truing up
    the face of a manifold way back on my '64 Buick, it does not quite seem like that "tinkle"
    that was going on then but I will try and get a wrench on them to see!

And.... "standard LS1 clatter! I smiled and it helped me think nothing dreadful is going on!!!!

Navy Blue Metallic

Here is my install and demonstration video.
    where did you get the white face gauge overlay?

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    where did you get the white face gauge overlay?
    They were in the car when I bought it. I'm not positively sure who makes the kit but it is a very clean and well laid kit.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Nice work. I really should swap out the DRL's on our car. The housings are definitely "toasty".

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Nice work. I really should swap out the DRL's on our car. The housings are definitely "toasty".
    Depo is where to go. Nice new plastic housings.

I broke a mounting screw off in one of mine and ended up sourcing a match at the local Lowes. I would suggest warming the mounting screw's surrounding area via heat gun for a proper extraction.

black
    1999 pontiac T/A WS-6

i need to get her back on the road

Red

Depo is where to go. Nice new plastic housings.

I broke a mounting screw off in one of mine and ended up sourcing a match at the local Lowes. I would suggest warming the mounting screw's surrounding area via heat gun for a proper extraction.
    Hey Darren, your reference to "Depo" means what exactly? Could you elaborate? Thanks man.

New guy here. Today I took off the front bumper cover on my ws6 to fix a couple cracks in the paint, been putting it off too long. Took me 3 beers to get it removed, not too bad. Hopefully fix the paint tomorrow

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Our car is still enjoying its winter slumber. May have to wake it up next week as the weather looks like it may take a turn for the better.

Page 340 of 356 FirstFirst ... 4090140190240290300310320336337338339340341342343344 ... LastLast

Thread Information