Page 338 of 356 FirstFirst ... 3888138188238288298308318334335336337338339340341342 ... LastLast
Results 6,741 to 6,760 of 7102

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Only recommendation on coil is get a set of the truck coils. Better spark, last longer. Especially if you're a 98.

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Boy,,, its been a long time since I've been on this thread, let alone posting. I've had it out ONCE since I put it away and covered it - I think at end of Nov. Even had to charge the battery to do that. Kudos to you guys that drive yours in the crappy cold weather. It was, however a daily driver up until 2012. Maybe I'm just too lazy to drag the cover on and off ?! Talk about 1st world problems ??
    I have a '76 Chevy Laguna S3 that I've neglected ( as far as attention to it goes ) for too long, so I ordered 17" Rally Rims and center caps for it from Jeggs. They came in last week and they are beautiful. When I get a warm day in March, I'll take it out to a tire shop and put her new shoes on. These will replace the 15" IROC-Z rims that I bought the car with back in '08. Anyone need a set of 15" IROC-Z rims by chance ?? they are in perfect shape :-) 88-90 style. I plan on taking it to Carlisle this year and see how it does. For the past 5 years, I've only ever seen one and that was last year -- time to give some love.
    '02 Black RamAir M6--Kooks LTH, Magnaflo, Lowered Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks, Tuned By Frost, K&N & SLP box, Smooth bellows, polished TB, Spohn perf. suspension, shock tower brace. UMI 3point SFC. Front & side splitters w/ canards. American Racing 18" wheels & Mich. Pilot SS titres
    '76 LagunaS3 - 355ci , 350 turbo, 3:55's

Navy Blue Metallic

So I finally broke into the Vert fuel tank to see why the gauge is acting wack.

Found this....lucky rockauto sells just this so I don't need to order the whole damn assembly.

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Wow, is that the level indicator electronics split in half? No wonder it was wacked out~!~! Glad you found it, and thank God for Rock Auto. I use that place on almost everything! And you can't beat the prices!!
    Ported/Polished throttle body, Lingenfelter launch module, SLP line lock, QTP exhaust cutout, LS7 clutch, K&N, Ceramic coated longtubes, no cats, 3" exhaust, Flowmaster "B", Eibach springs, Midwest Chassis 9" rearend w/4.10's

Navy Blue Metallic

Parts are ordered.

Bilstein shocks for my bird, I'll take the Monroe HD off my car and give to the Vert.
    New fuel gauge harness for the Vert.

New Tach and a replacement Wideband gauge for the bird.

After much research and talking with several gauge rebuild shops the costs for them to repair my tach cluster will be around $260. So until I have everything else done or I get tired of it I'll just install an aftermarket tach for $80

Awaiting a confirmation on something else. If I get it it will be a steal

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    So I finally broke into the Vert fuel tank to see why the gauge is acting wack.

Click for full size

Found this....lucky rockauto sells just this so I don't need to order the whole damn assembly.

Click for full size
    Just slap some duct tape on it, it’ll be just fine
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    L76 6.0L block, PRC Ported 243 heads, Texas Speed 224R cam.
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Sway Bar
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    UMI Welded-on Two Piece Subframe Connectors
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact Sports all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    415 rwhp

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmTerry View Post
    Boy,,, its been a long time since I've been on this thread, let alone posting. I've had it out ONCE since I put it away and covered it - I think at end of Nov. Even had to charge the battery to do that. Kudos to you guys that drive yours in the crappy cold weather. It was, however a daily driver up until 2012. Maybe I'm just too lazy to drag the cover on and off ?! Talk about 1st world problems ??
    I have a '76 Chevy Laguna S3 that I've neglected ( as far as attention to it goes ) for too long, so I ordered 17" Rally Rims and center caps for it from Jeggs. They came in last week and they are beautiful. When I get a warm day in March, I'll take it out to a tire shop and put her new shoes on. These will replace the 15" IROC-Z rims that I bought the car with back in '08. Anyone need a set of 15" IROC-Z rims by chance ?? they are in perfect shape :-) 88-90 style. I plan on taking it to Carlisle this year and see how it does. For the past 5 years, I've only ever seen one and that was last year -- time to give some love.
    I bet you can fit all four of those wheels and tires in that trunk, too!

When my back was still shot, I rolled my summers/winters into the cabinof my T/A to get swapped out, that was a PITA.

Navy Blue Metallic

New shocks in.....and I'm realizing that I'm going to need to spray some Por15 some time this year on that rear.....

Red

Good choice! Por 15 was used in my cradle to my radiator, along the outer frame rails, the tranny crossmember, various places under the floorboards, rear mounts for the brake line couplers, the mounts up near the fuel tank pipe behind the plastic cover up in the left rear wheel well...lots of rust up there. Por 15 has become my go-to rust inhibitor and it finishes so smooth, to never rust again. They made a believer out of me!! Good thing is, there is not much prep work that is needed, but the OCD type of person I am, I sand, wipe down with alcohol before application, and then put on another coat!! If we are going to keep our cars, we have to keep them from rusting away....beat the cancer before it gets too carried away!

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Click for full size

Click for full size

New shocks in.....and I'm realizing that I'm going to need to spray some Por15 some time this year on that rear.....
    I have begun the POR-15 process on my car. I just wish that I had the time to strip it out and dump the whole body in a large vat of it, like the factory should've done.

Red

I think the reason I had so much rust underneath my frame was due to the fact that I bought it from someone who lived in Maine. Salting the roads when it snowed reeked havoc on the metal. But with POR 15, you can bring rust to a complete stop. One of the best products ever created in my humble opinion.

Red

I think one of the reasons it didn't rust as bad as it could have, was because of all the oil, transmission, rear end leaks; which slung petroleum based fluids all over the place. The leaks were pretty bad, but on a positive note, they prolonged the life of metal parts quite a bit...!!!

Navy Blue Metallic

I may do it later in the year if I decide to do the Pan Hard bar relocate.

Navy Blue Metallic

Fixed the fuel level sender in the vert last night. Had to take the old connector and swap it onto the new sender. The "new" connector had thinner pins then the old one and wouldn't fit.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    I think one of the reasons it didn't rust as bad as it could have, was because of all the oil, transmission, rear end leaks; which slung petroleum based fluids all over the place. The leaks were pretty bad, but on a positive note, they prolonged the life of metal parts quite a bit...!!!
    Thats why I keep telling people that the leaks from the rear main, pinion shaft seals, and power steering hoses are an anti-rust feature.

Red

I hear ya! I didn't mind the leaks except that they left trails on the garage floor. I would much rather have no leaks, no rust, and the under carriage looking like new, but I guess I should have bought one brand new and kept it that way! Hindsight is 20/20!

Navy Blue Metallic

So I'm not crazy......Installed a tach and shows my dash tach is way off. Now I gotta go back in and figure why the back lighting isn't working.

Not liking how it sits to be honest but it's better there then hard mount on the dash.

Also my daughter learned how to replaced bump stops

Her wheels are horrible, I want to replace them but something that is a future purchase. I may get me some new snowflakes and give her mine as a hand me down Gotta convince the wife to let me spend $2k.

Red

Good luck! I have to be tactful and space it out, or the money pit will cause marital bliss to fly out the window!!! Good to see your daughter is not afraid to get her hands dirty or break a nail...!!!

Navy Blue Metallic

Red

Let's see.... anti sway bar....uh....shock tower brace....Ok, I give....!!

Page 338 of 356 FirstFirst ... 3888138188238288298308318334335336337338339340341342 ... LastLast

Thread Information