Page 316 of 356 FirstFirst ... 1666116166216266276286296312313314315316317318319320336346 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,320 of 7102

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    It did that to mine too. My tuner told me to have 3 sets on hand when I came to tune.
    Yeah we figured it is the tune as well. Have not changed the plugs since the tune but we did change them before the tune. We think the fouling happened during the pre work when she was being dialed in. Increasing the gap on the TR7's to .028 from .024 to try to get a little more. We went with a .024 gap because I blew the spark out on the .028 but we are attributing it to the old fuel pump possibly have an amperage spike and shutting down so we're giving the .028 gap a try again. And yes, I have at least 3 sets around
    98 WS6 M6 ASC #2647
    Forged Custom 408 w/Vortec YSi

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

My next set will be TR7's depending on how the current set look.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Car is having startup issues again. Took it back to Ed Wright to see what the readings were doing. He said the MAF is running low, and to check for leaks around the intake. Sure enough, there is a crack in the knockoff SLP lid where it goes to the MAF, as well as a broken tab on the back. The whole lid seems almost as brittle as the dash pad.... Parts on order to fix and hopefully be done with this issue for good.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

A busted up lid shouldn't cause any real issues other than allowing "dirty" air into the engine. No matter how it gets there, the air is still flowing through the MAF into the intake.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmTerry View Post
    went auto X'ing with the local Porsche club Sat. That is so much fun .. got 6 runs in. Out of 80 cars I ran about mid pack. Not too shabby considering the track only cars that were there and the high $$$ Porsches. A damn Miata took fastest time of the day !! I need a brake upgrade and an UMI K-member to get some weight off the front.
    I think I will get back into that in 2019, I need to be able to yank out the baby seat out of Gracie, once and for all, before I go back to the track. Pulling a peice of safety equipment that is securely buckled and strapped in is a non-starter, as its a PITA to put it back in.

Definately not a sport for the daily driver, family hauler; probably why the Buick club doesnt hold autocross meets.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Finally got off my duff and ordered a pair of Bosch 13111s and some new front turn signal lamps for Gracie. I figure 187k is as good a time as any to start changing all of the o2s out!
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    L76 6.0L block, PRC Ported 243 heads, Texas Speed 224R cam.
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Sway Bar
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    UMI Welded-on Two Piece Subframe Connectors
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact Sports all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    415 rwhp

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    A busted up lid shouldn't cause any real issues other than allowing "dirty" air into the engine. No matter how it gets there, the air is still flowing through the MAF into the intake.
    I questioned it myself, but not sure what else would screw with the MAF readings at this point. I got a new lid just to get rid of the cheapo one we have now, and the smooth bellow to replace the poorly cut piece the previous owner made. If the car doesn't change its attitude then I'm at a loss for what to do next. Both o2's are new, MAF is new...only things I haven't replaced in the area are TPS and IAC.

The car runs fine once it gets past startup. Basically you have to hold the gas down until it figures out what the hell is going on, then it will run fine if not a little rich. I've thought 3 times the issue was resolved, only for it to pop back up a day or two later. Ed swears up and down that it's not in his tune, I'm inclined to believe him only because he's about the most experienced tuner around here... I know if I don't get it fixed soon my wife is going to set it on fire.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    I questioned it myself, but not sure what else would screw with the MAF readings at this point. I got a new lid just to get rid of the cheapo one we have now, and the smooth bellow to replace the poorly cut piece the previous owner made. If the car doesn't change its attitude then I'm at a loss for what to do next. Both o2's are new, MAF is new...only things I haven't replaced in the area are TPS and IAC.

The car runs fine once it gets past startup. Basically you have to hold the gas down until it figures out what the hell is going on, then it will run fine if not a little rich. I've thought 3 times the issue was resolved, only for it to pop back up a day or two later. Ed swears up and down that it's not in his tune, I'm inclined to believe him only because he's about the most experienced tuner around here... I know if I don't get it fixed soon my wife is going to set it on fire.
    You pull some plugs to see if they are fouled out? I had the same issue on a speed density tune. It was my plugs being fouled out.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Redphoenix1998 View Post
    You pull some plugs to see if they are fouled out? I had the same issue on a speed density tune. It was my plugs being fouled out.
    Plugs and wires are brand new, both changed about 3 weeks ago. It was one of the things I tried to fix the issue. Startup issue didn't change at all from before to after...
    Last edited by Y2KArcticSS; 10-09-2018 at 05:01 AM.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Navy Blue Metallic

What brand is the MAF?

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

What brand is the MAF?
    The old one was SLP. The new one is AC Delco stock. Changing out MAF made 0 difference.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Have you sprayed around the intake to see if the idle changes or looked at vacuum hoses to see if any have a crack?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Have you sprayed around the intake to see if the idle changes or looked at vacuum hoses to see if any have a crack?

I've inspected vacuum lines, yes. Haven't checked intake, I assume you're talking manifold? I'd hope I don't have any issues there, but with this car nothing would surprise me at this point.

Navy Blue Metallic

Also check the brake booster hose as well.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    I've inspected vacuum lines, yes. Haven't checked intake, I assume you're talking manifold? I'd hope I don't have any issues there, but with this car nothing would surprise me at this point.
    Yes. You can try spraying fluid (a mist) around the seal for the intake manifold and see if the idle changes. If it does, you have an intake manifold leak at the mounting portion.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I will try these. Any suggestions at this point, even up to "set it on fire", I'm open to. I'll update as I check items off the list.

Navy Blue Metallic

When you say start up issues like what?

Hard to crank, not firing up right away or a couple of seconds? Idles weirdly like surges, high or low?

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    I think I will get back into that in 2019, I need to be able to yank out the baby seat out of Gracie, once and for all, before I go back to the track. Pulling a peice of safety equipment that is securely buckled and strapped in is a non-starter, as its a PITA to put it back in.

Definately not a sport for the daily driver, family hauler; probably why the Buick club doesnt hold autocross meets.
    Yep, hard to be competitively fun when it's set up to be a DD. suspension upgrades and sticky tires are just about a must ! Yeah, I hear what ur sayin' about the baby seat but rules is rules - heck,, some venues make you empty your glove box even if it's locked !! ... and come to think or it,,, I haven't seen ANY Buicks !
    '02 Black RamAir M6--Kooks LTH, Magnaflo, Lowered Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks, Tuned By Frost, K&N & SLP box, Smooth bellows, polished TB, Spohn perf. suspension, shock tower brace. UMI 3point SFC. Front & side splitters w/ canards. American Racing 18" wheels & Mich. Pilot SS titres
    '76 LagunaS3 - 355ci , 350 turbo, 3:55's

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

When you say start up issues like what?

Hard to crank, not firing up right away or a couple of seconds? Idles weirdly like surges, high or low?
    Starts right up but will immediately stumble or die. Hold the gas down to maintain idle for about 5 seconds and it rebounds and idles steady, until you kill it and start again.

Navy Blue Metallic

Check your IAC and or reset your TPS sensor in the throttle body.

I'd check the throttle body also to see if the IAC bypass is clogged up from oil. You have to clear it out every once in a while, even if you have a catch can.

Page 316 of 356 FirstFirst ... 1666116166216266276286296312313314315316317318319320336346 ... LastLast

Thread Information