Page 303 of 356 FirstFirst ... 353103153203253263273283299300301302303304305306307323333343353 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,060 of 7102

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Its been awhile since I logged on. I haven't seen my WS6 since mid December when it was set to rest in PaJeff's garage. Hopefully here real shortly!
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    For shits and giggles I showed my ugly bird in a local show mostly because it's a thumb in the eye to the Mustang Fan club that seems to try to take over every yr. Took 1st place in 90's-00's modified class. Beat out a 03 Vette and 00 Civic, the rest were lifted trucks mostly and a couple of Mustangs.

I don't give much props to someone that buys his car, does nothing to it and then shows it over someone that does the same thing but goes out and does some upgrades. If I wanted to see a completely new car I would walk a dealership. It's totally a different thing for a car to stay stock for 20 plus years vs one that's less than a yr old.

Am I wrong?
    You are not wrong.

Keeping a car in excellent shape (or putting in the time/research/energy to restore it to excellent shape) is an accomplishment. Rolling up in a new car might feel like an accomplishment for the first couple of weeks after you buy it, but...
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

One day when my car is done it will get the decal like my truck has earned...Built Not Bought

I am not a fan of the off the showroom floor cars or trucks. It is just a who has good credit and wants to showoff BS thing then.
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by hardtrailz View Post
    One day when my car is done it will get the decal like my truck has earned...Built Not Bought

I am not a fan of the off the showroom floor cars or trucks. It is just a who has good credit and wants to showoff BS thing then.

I may have one on mine :whistles:
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

I hear ya,, but I do remember when my 02 T/A was brand new and I couldn't wait to take it to a show and " show off my BS thing " !! Now I'm way on the other side of that and I catch myself having an 'attitude' about the brand new stuff pulling in. I try not to judge as long it doesn't turn into a "new car lot" !! I've done enough to mine now that it's obviously not stock so I feel like I "fit in " if that's even a thing. I'm mainly talking about the local cruise ins. Just my 2cents ---- looking forward to Carlisle ;-)
    '02 Black RamAir M6--Kooks LTH, Magnaflo, Lowered Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks, Tuned By Frost, K&N & SLP box, Smooth bellows, polished TB, Spohn perf. suspension, shock tower brace. UMI 3point SFC. Front & side splitters w/ canards. American Racing 18" wheels & Mich. Pilot SS titres
    '76 LagunaS3 - 355ci , 350 turbo, 3:55's

Navy Blue Metallic

The last show I went to and entered just for kicks not expecting anything. Somehow I was awarded 1st place in my class.

This show separates modified cars from the stock cars and by yr class. That way you're not going against a brand new Stingray or Hellcat that has less than 10 miles on it.

I beat out a Vette and a Civic. Both were modded but no where near as much as mine. Vette had the best paint of our class but had simple bolt ons. The Civic had fart can, some kind of whale wing and shit ton of DayGlow lights and stickers. Lots and lots of stickers....

The judge walked by and read my info sheet I printed up and said thanks, makes it helpful in trying to access how to judge. He also loved the Built not Bought sticker.

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Slapped some Vette wheels under it

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Slapped some Vette wheels under it
    Dang! How many sets of wheels you got?

The last show I went to and entered just for kicks not expecting anything. Somehow I was awarded 1st place in my class.

This show separates modified cars from the stock cars and by yr class. That way you're not going against a brand new Stingray or Hellcat that has less than 10 miles on it.

I beat out a Vette and a Civic. Both were modded but no where near as much as mine. Vette had the best paint of our class but had simple bolt ons. The Civic had fart can, some kind of whale wing and shit ton of DayGlow lights and stickers. Lots and lots of stickers....

The judge walked by and read my info sheet I printed up and said thanks, makes it helpful in trying to access how to judge. He also loved the Built not Bought sticker.
    Mine looks completely stock other than the wheels (even under the hood)... and perhaps being lowered (but not even sure if onlookers can tell it's lowered).

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    Dang! How many sets of wheels you got?
    Currently 4 cause i sold the bmw wheels. Stock silver/Stock chrome/Black Chrome Vette Centennial/5 spoke c6 polished, but on the hunt for some 18s to put the new 275/35/18 I have. I like the Miro 111 style, but kinda want a set with a lip to try.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Dyno day tomorrow!!!!!! Weeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
    98 WS6 M6 ASC #2647
    Forged Custom 408 w/Vortec YSi

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

I put my rear summer wheels and tires on, and it reminded me just how much ai hate the weight of the stock WS6 wheels.

I’ll probably put the fronts on Friday, so expect me to bitch again.

Also replaced the whole deck lid latch assembly, it finally gave up the ghost.

Still trying to figure out if I can do Carlisle this year.
    Last edited by Whamhammer; 04-29-2018 at 12:52 PM.
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    L76 6.0L block, PRC Ported 243 heads, Texas Speed 224R cam.
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Sway Bar
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    UMI Welded-on Two Piece Subframe Connectors
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact Sports all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    415 rwhp

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Just a quick little update on the dyno session. Did only 2 runs after some work getting her to idle. Had a couple of issues such as a broken driveshaft bolt on when attempting to do a first pull. Fixed the issue with the bolt. Driveshaft loop did it's job and prevented a major catastrophe. First base pull went smooth. Second pull the fuel pump failed and that's all she wrote. Looking at options as this is the second fuel pump to burn out on me. We have an idea why so we're making corrections this week before rescheduling a new dyno date. But she's got a lot more room to play. First base pull on a mustang dyno she made 884 rwhp and 737 ft lbs of torque at 6500 rpms. The graph was still climbing. Redline will be 7200 rpms. so we are anticipating somewhere in the 900 rwhp range. Looking like 950. This is on 91 (california sucks) pump gas and methanol.

Navy Blue Metallic

When I went to tune mine had some gremlins as well. They couldn't get it to idle for shit but once it climb above 2500 rpms it ran like a bull. We couldn't figure it out, kept chasing the numbers around the idle. So I had to make a quick fix cause I somehow crushed the map sensor. After we couldn't get it to do anything more I took it home and pulled my FAST intake to finish relocating the map to the front. When I went to flip over the intake the rear bolts of the intake fell out. Somehow the nuts backed off and was causing an 8" vacuum leak. No wonder it idle like shit. Made the fixes and went back and my tuner started over and had it tuned in 10 mins.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Currently 4 cause i sold the bmw wheels. Stock silver/Stock chrome/Black Chrome Vette Centennial/5 spoke c6 polished, but on the hunt for some 18s to put the new 275/35/18 I have. I like the Miro 111 style, but kinda want a set with a lip to try.
    Those Miros look nice. I have the TSW Interlagos in 18". I bought them for the weight savings. I was also considering the TSW Nurbergrings as well.

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

I also thought about the Oslo from TSW. Kinda honeycomb-ish looking with the machined face.

Yesterday I got the car cleaned up and fresh oil and some bulbs swapped since I hate when a replacement is not a perfect match and its cheap for most pairs to buy and just have it right.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Fuel pump swap....YAY!!!!! Also need to order a new boost a pump. I need a decal on my car that says Built and still paying for it lmao!

Navy Blue Metallic

Did some PMCS on the bird. Found my line lock was leaking, fixed. Too bad it ate the paint in that area. Ac recharged and is working fine again. Troubleshoot my overheating and hopefully when I swap this fan motor out this evening it fixes the issue. Been chasing it for some time now. It wasn't quite overheating at idle but would do so on Interstate. yet the fans were turning. I ended up jumping the relay on each fan and found one not running anymore, yet both all relays work.

Also found the boot on the inner tie rod was weaping. Replaced the old clamp with a hose clamp and no more leaks.

Biggest thing was I found my e cutout motor itself. QTP is sending me a new one.

Also did plug change. I'm wondering if I'm in the right heat range for my 403ci, currently using TR6's. Will thinks I need to go down one more.

Ignore the gap, I dropped it
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 05-07-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Interesting gunky plug you got there! What's the gap? When I ran TR6's on my NA setup I ran a .045 gap. In my 800rwhp setup I ran TR7's initially gapped to .028. With that gap I always had an issue with cold starts. First go she wouldn't fire but always on the second. I blew out spark in the middle of a 4th gear pull in 40 degree weather. Got a new set of TR7's but because of the boost I gapped it down to .018. Since then she always fired up first try and never blew out the spark again. Pulled the plugs during my rebuild and the burn is clean so the smaller gap works out well for my current setup. For FI .018 - .026 is used for high boost applications and anything above you risk killing spark on a pull hence why I did the gap change to .018. What's the CR on your setup? You can run TR7's gapped .035 - .040 if your CR is high and your car will love it. I know guys that ran TR6's gapped at .045 and had no issues making around 500-600 rwhp. But yeah you have options. Doesn't hurt to go TR7's since you have the big cubes but depends on your CR. My effective CR is about 13 when you factor in boost hence why the TR7's. But if your CR is above 11 NA then go TR7

Navy Blue Metallic

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

CR is 11.4.

Those in pic gapped to .45.

The new ones I gapped to. 40

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

CR is 11.4.

Those in pic gapped to .45.

The new ones I gapped to. 40
    You can run a TR7 without an issue. Should be in the right range.

Page 303 of 356 FirstFirst ... 353103153203253263273283299300301302303304305306307323333343353 ... LastLast

Thread Information