Page 297 of 356 FirstFirst ... 4797147197247257267277293294295296297298299300301317327337347 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,940 of 7102

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Had my shop change out the TR55s out on the TA, while I had front pads and swap out to my snow wheels and tire set (20 degree and below weather sux to work on cars.

Got the old plugs back, and 4 of them were blackish on the ceramics, and all of them smelled like fuel. Think it’s time for new O2s all the way around.
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    L76 6.0L block, PRC Ported 243 heads, Texas Speed 224R cam.
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Sway Bar
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    UMI Welded-on Two Piece Subframe Connectors
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact Sports all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    415 rwhp

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Swapped out the battery... car started right up after that. Still thinking about just taking it to AAA for the power steering plumbing and possibly a new alternator, though...
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Just washed the dirty birdy, to get all of the roadsalt/ice melt off it.

I’m sure it’ll snow soon and get it all salted up again.

March 21st can’t get here soon enough (Spring).

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

It snows into May here sometimes

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

Just put up the tools and turned the lights out in the garage. Still working on my Procharger install and found that the included V Belt is too short. It simply won't fit on the blower, crank pulley and under the idler even with the adjustment all the way out. Just too tight and I figure if I force it, I'll wind up destroying the bearings quickly. Figured out the next size up belt (extra 1") and ordered since no one in my area carries it in stock. Sadly today was a perfect opportunity to knock out some work. The project is getting close to the end but has not been the simple unbolt/bolt process advertised (surprised face).
    ATI Procharger, SFCs, Y-pipe, LM2, BBK Shorty Headers, Corvette N73 Magnesium Wheels, 4th Circle Designs Stripe and Overlay kit

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Lol. It's far from a bolt on that's for sure.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

found a broke shock bolt today on the passenger rear side. this is the 2nd time. did a hard launch on Friday night but didn't feel anything weird till I got home. looked at my tires and could see the alignment was a little off. Found it once up on stands. Replace them with grade 8 bolts.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I looked at mine today while in the garage. Changed the oil and gear oil in the transfer case on the ladys car this morning, then again this afternoon after jumpstarting my truck (from sitting in the cold) and getting it in the garage to put some charge back in it.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

So I got HP tuners Pro for christmas so now I am impatiently waiting the mobile dock for the pcm so I can tune the pcm out of the car.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Installing new heads, cam, and manifold....muahahaha
    98 WS6 M6 ASC #2647
    Forged Custom 408 w/Vortec YSi

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Got another low beam that went out. The last one didn't even last a year, and I hot glue gun sealed the area between the metal, and the glass!

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Got the dock in and wired it to to a constant power source so now I can tune the pcm in my house.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

Finished the Procharger install and got the bird fired up. Seems to run fine so far. I bought the new improved blower with the quiet gears so the whine at idle and with a little throttle is subtle. Will be interesting to see what it sounds like at WOT. If only there wasn't snow and sand, and salt on the roads. Oh well, I'll have plenty of time to idle it and triple check everything before heading out to the streets to see what chaos ATI hath wrought.

Interestingly the pile of stuff that I removed from the car that doesn't go back on, is nearly as big as the pile that came with the Procharger. Different stuff, definitely lighter, but about the same cube.

I've got to say, it was harder than I expected in some respects but easier in others. Mostly the issues were dealing with changes to systems I hadn't ever messed with and needed to learn anyway. Now I know why it would be a good idea to get rid of the air pump system (takes up way too much room where you need to turn wrenches), what all the components to the cruise control system are and how to disconnect and reconnect them (thank God for having the service manual set), how to properly remove the back seat on a convertible (there is definitely a right and wrong way and it cost me a nice ratcheting box wrench to figure out), how to remove the fuel rails and change the injectors (while shredding the backs of both hands on all the sharp bits under the cowl), and how to remove and reinstall the crank bolt (good excuse to buy a new air wrench). The fuel system front to back in and out of the tank no longer holds any mystery to me.

Lots of great tips and experience in old posts here helped make this possible.

It was a good day.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

I remember back when I installed my D1SC. I didn't have instructions cause I bought it used. Defiantly NOT a simple bolt in job over the weekend. After changing out my intake manifold to a FAST manifold, and then changing out the fuel injectors (not at the same time mind you, I changed the manifold out several years before the Procharger came along) for the Procharger, I think the skin on the top of my hands are now like stone. Removing the complete AIR system, and PCV system during the install, was defiantly 1 good way to lighten up the car. The Procharger system including the front mount race inter-cooler weigh in at a hefty 200lbs.
    1998 Pontiac TA, stock heads, FAST 90, FAST 90 TB, FLP LT, off road y-pipe with cat delete, flow master muffler, comp cams 54-457-11 223/231-610/617-112 LSA, Pro charger D1SC with FMIC @ 8psi, FROST tune, VIG 3200 stall, built 4l60e, snow meth kit, MOSER 12 bolt 373 gears, Derale 13900 trans cooler.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I pieced my blower setup from scratch. Biggest pain in the ass ever but well worth it in the end in the quest for more power! I was originally planning on going with a procharger setup but liked the Vortech YSi head unit. Unfortunately there was only one place that made a kit but I didn't like the airbox setup so I made things complicated and went all custom with it including a custom head unit bracket. Now that I'm diving back into the car for the winter with upgrades, holy hell getting everything apart and having to piece it all back together makes me question my top end upgrade. It's worth it in the end though!

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

The blower is absolutely the best upgrade I've done so far. I do have the "noisy" blower sounding head unit, AND I love it!! There isn't any sleeper option with it though. At idle, it whistles like a jet engine, and while cruising down the strip, it sounds like a street sweeper cleaning the gutters of debris. LOL

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Redphoenix1998 View Post
    I pieced my blower setup from scratch. Biggest pain in the ass ever but well worth it in the end in the quest for more power! I was originally planning on going with a procharger setup but liked the Vortech YSi head unit. Unfortunately there was only one place that made a kit but I didn't like the airbox setup so I made things complicated and went all custom with it including a custom head unit bracket. Now that I'm diving back into the car for the winter with upgrades, holy hell getting everything apart and having to piece it all back together makes me question my top end upgrade. It's worth it in the end though!
    Thanks for posting that, now I have another possible source when the time comes I can go this route. My biggest issue it I relocated the alternator to the passenger head and have 0 plans to ever go back to the stock location ever. I haven't seen a supercharger kit that addresses this configuration yet.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Thanks for posting that, now I have another possible source when the time comes I can go this route. My biggest issue it I relocated the alternator to the passenger head and have 0 plans to ever go back to the stock location ever. I haven't seen a supercharger kit that addresses this configuration yet.
    So my bracket was a one off and it's a pain in the ass to get it from the company that originally made it. I got lucky in a sense! But with the bracket you can fit a T to Y trim from vortech and the alternator retains the stock location. The power steering pump I would highly recommend replacing if you have some miles on it because it's a pain in the ass to get to. It's located right under the head unit. Compared to the Procharger setup I like the Vortech because it's not self contained for oiling and uses your standard engine oil. So when you do an oil change you also change the blower oil as well. The belt system is a does not have the procharger issue of belt slip. My buddy has an F1 installed and the maintenance on my setup is much easier than his. I also love that the blower is getting louder and once it's got about 5000 miles, that puppy is going to be whining!

Navy Blue Metallic

I like how the Procharger has it's own separate oil system in that if it or the engine shits a bearing they don't FOD (Foreign Object Debris) out the other like it does with Turbo systems. Yes a PITA to service every 5k miles but in my mind a piece of mind.

I relocated my alternator because of the piss poor design of having it under the PS pump. Honestly one of the stupidest thoughts on placement but enough ranting. I went thru 3 alt's in a yr's time because of what turned out to be a 60 cent o ring that tore on the pump causing a leak. PPl forget that the reservoir has an o ring there as well and that was what was leaking. Still don't know how it got a tear when I never took it off the pump prior to replacing it.

I looked at the site you pm me and I lkie their low mount setup. Looks interesting in that it sets up the unit where the alternator would be or close to it almost making it a sleeper look or makes it harder to glance at and see oh it's boosted.

now I'm wondering just what it would take to make it work with my 403ci without doing a radical rebuild of the engine. Not sure if a Stroker would like being boosted. I know my flat top pistons, cam and heads would need to be addressed.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I'm running a 408 stroker on 8.6:1 CR. Stroker being boosted makes lots of torque through the curve. Heads I'm running AFR 245's and a Lunati blower cam. As far as pistons go, boost gap and diamond forged -26cc pistons at 4.030". The low mount setup is cool. I did the high mount and ended up getting a new VFN hood with a 4" cowl that I still had to trim to fit the damn thing!

Page 297 of 356 FirstFirst ... 4797147197247257267277293294295296297298299300301317327337347 ... LastLast

Thread Information