Page 294 of 356 FirstFirst ... 4494144194244254264274290291292293294295296297298314324334344 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,880 of 7102

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWS6 View Post
    BCM, is that what this issue is caused by? My car does this. My radio bezel has a broken tab, I figured it was due to an aftermarket head unit from the previous owner. Since the radio would die out and kill the power windows.

Yes, that is exactly what our WS6 does, with a stock head unit that's never been replaced as far as I can tell. I've looked it up and found several videos and write-ups showing these symptoms and the BCM fix they performed.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I have the BCM pic of where you're suppose to solder if you need it.

I did mine and no issues since.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I have the BCM pic of where you're suppose to solder if you need it.

I did mine and no issues since.
    Yes please

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Got my tires in. Went with 295/55/15s. They are balanced now although one needed 13 oz anyone ever need that much weight? The wheels were perfectly balanced which required no weight. The other only need 3 oz.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

13 ounces is an ungodly amount of weight. Usually 4 ounces is a lot and your 3 times that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -------------------------------------
    Kooks 1 7/8" race headers, Kooks ORY, Borla catback, Nitto 555R, LS6 intake manifold, Shaner S3 ported stock throttle body, SLP lid, smooth bellows, JAAM Ram Air kit, Elite Engineering catch can, LS6 valley cover, EGR and AIR deleted, Frost tune, and Simpson Racing child car seat in the back. 13.2 @ 108MPH

Black/ Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    13 ounces is an ungodly amount of weight. Usually 4 ounces is a lot and your 3 times that

Wondering if I should try a different tire place or if the tire is messed up.

Black/ Silver

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Wondering if I should try a different tire place or if the tire is messed up.

Also my other one actually required 3.75 oz so I'm wondering if their machines suck.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

3.75 is acceptable. I wonder if that 13 oz one isn’t seated all the way. But that should be easy to spot especially if you spin it and watch it.

Black/ Silver

3.75 is acceptable. I wonder if that 13 oz one isn’t seated all the way. But that should be easy to spot especially if you spin it and watch it.

Pictures of the one in question. A tire shop should know if it's on right though right lol? I've not had issues with this shop in the past so I'm at a loss unless it's a bad tire.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I agree. That is quite a bit of weight on the wheel. I think 5 or 6 oz. is the most I have had to use and that was a big ass truck tire.

Black/ Silver

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I agree. That is quite a bit of weight on the wheel. I think 5 or 6 oz. is the most I have had to use and that was a big ass truck tire.
    The tire shop said is should get the company to send another tire. I am going to maybe take it to another place and see what they get....well unless the company I bought it from will send me another tire like I asked.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Pictures of the one in question. A tire shop should know if it's on right though right lol? I've not had issues with this shop in the past so I'm at a loss unless it's a bad tire.Click for full sizeClick for full size

I was picturing 13 oz on the outer or inner. Now I see 10 oz on the outer and 3 oz on the inner. Still pretty crappy. It’s probably the tire but you could try to drive on it. If it’s balanced and doesn’t shake, you could use it.

Black/ Silver

I was picturing 13 oz on the outer or inner. Now I see 10 oz on the outer and 3 oz on the inner. Still pretty crappy. It’s probably the tire but you could try to drive on it. If it’s balanced and doesn’t shake, you could use it.

Oh no I hate weights on the outside. I mean it's just going to be used on the track really, not a DD. I might take it to another shop to double check. Also from a quick internet search it seems these tires need some weight on them. Not sure if it's 13 oz amount of weight but many have said they need a lot. I think I'll also have them static or bubble balanced as MT suggests and double check that the shop did that.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The dynamic balance (which is what you have) is much better than a static balance. Also, the fact that the outside weights are on the inside portion of the rim means that more weight is required as compared to attaching the weights to the outside bead. I always balance aluminum wheels in this manner. Modern computer balancing allows you to select where the weights will be attached as part of the setup program.

Black/ Silver

The dynamic balance (which is what you have) is much better than a static balance. Also, the fact that the outside weights are on the inside portion of the rim means that more weight is required as compared to attaching the weights to the outside bead. I always balance aluminum wheels in this manner. Modern computer balancing allows you to select where the weights will be attached as part of the setup program.
    Okay good, I was just stating what MT says on their site. I'm not sure what to do then lol well other than take it to another place but that's shooting in the dark because maybe they don't do a very good job either (assuming that's the problem and not the tire). I have a feeling unless I contact MT directly I'm not getting a new tire and still maybe not. I guess the last option will just be run them until I need new tires and hope the next ones don't need as much weight. That or use a different brand and hope for the same.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Still so sorry about that, but it drives nice!
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ Likes to challenge me.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Stored mine in PaJeff's auto storage lair today. Plans and hopes are to wake it up early this winter for installation of the longtube headers, OR/Y, intermediate pipe, poly engine mounts, spark plugs/wires, and i'm sure theres a couple other parts.

Today before departing with it I replaced the broken power antenna assembly with one I bought from a part-out car for $50.00. Was hoping to buy more suspension pieces for Black Friday ( Adj. UMI LCA & Relocation brackets ) but that didn't happen. Bought the girlfriend a necklace from Jared's for anniversary, paid other bills, bought a Kooks Y pipe for a whooping $280, and unfortunately I succeeded in earning a traffic citation from the trooper monitoring I-276 at 8pm who nailed my Cobalt SS for tint, and a smoked license plate cover. Pissed me off because with my history for speeding tickets I set my cruise control to 70mph, so I know I wasn't speeding LOL.

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

I finally got a day to complete step one of installing the new Procharger that is laying in my garage laughing at me. Step one of course is to make sure I have adequate and reliable fuel pressure. New Racetronix fuel pump and hot wire installed, check! Instructions for the pump were pretty good. Instructions for the hot wire were not included and when I did get a set, they are not actually for the later model and don't show the actual connections or routing of the wires. After reviewing a bunch of posts, I got it figured out and it was of course easier than I had imagined it would be. I learned that yes you can do the same trap door on convertibles as hatch back models. I did decide to do one thing different due to my paranoia about cutting into the metal directly above the fuel lines. Since the fuel lines go from the center of the tank toward the drivers side, I cut the rear, passenger side, and front of the panel and left the drivers side attached then just lifted the panel (bent) into place while I removed the pump. Another top tip, tape the edges of the razor sharp metal edges while you work even if you don't think you need to... Fuel pressure went from around 52 to just over 60 PSI. The car feels stronger on the top end as well, or maybe I'm just imagining it. I also changed the belts just a preventive since they will be harder to access once the Procharger is installed. Next step find a long weekend to get started on the install. Anybody need an original fuel pump with less than 14K miles?
    ATI Procharger, SFCs, Y-pipe, LM2, BBK Shorty Headers, Corvette N73 Magnesium Wheels, 4th Circle Designs Stripe and Overlay kit

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Fixed the fuel issue we were having with our T/A last weekend. My dad and I pulled the pump, and luckily the previous owner already had a very clean hatch cut. It turns out, the previous owner's mechanic was a joke. They did a very piss poor job of installing the Racetronix pump. The secondary fuel line into the top of the pump was plastic and kinked in several places because it wasn't meant to bend (think of trying to use a McDonald's straw in that location). On top of that it was actually completely disconnected from the pump itself. Easy fix with some $3 fuel tubing from O'Reilly's. Also, we found that the clamp for the top of the accordion feed line was half-ass crimped and very loose, no seal. Easy fix with some real man-hands and a pair of pliers. The car runs SO much better now it's unbelievable. No more cutting out at 1/4 tank and below (probably because the pump isn't sucking air anymore where the secondary hose was supposed to be), and the car just feels more powerful overall. I still think it needs a better tune, but I'm really starting to wonder if the pump could have been part of the reason for subpar numbers in the first place. That will have to wait until after Christmas.

Page 294 of 356 FirstFirst ... 4494144194244254264274290291292293294295296297298314324334344 ... LastLast

Thread Information