Page 276 of 356 FirstFirst ... 2676126176226236246256272273274275276277278279280296306316326 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,520 of 7102

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Where did you get the new leather for the seats?
    Its real leather not like the original covers leather inserts and the rest synthetic leather. Feels a lot nicer. I got them from 6LE during one of their sales last year. Back seats look great. Front seats are meh but another guy on tech told me to let it sit in the sun for a few weeks and it will tighten up. Ive been using steam to try to accelerate it like most shops do. Hope it works. What slowed me down was the fitment issues I had and sending them back to get looked at. Problem that created was the seat sat for a couple months and I forgot how it all went together. One thing led to another and it sat until just recently when I finally decided to just mess around with it till I figured it out. Plus took the driver side out so I could reference that too. Everything is made exactly like the original covers except for they make it without the plastic side bolster. My personal feeling on these is that they scrimped on material on the sides to save money. If you look online the picture they show is different than what you will receive when it comes to the sides of the seat cover. This is after going back and forth with them. The guy over on tech had the same issues I did. Mark from 6LE did get their guy who makes the covers to double check them for me but at this point i would have just preferred the side pieces to be left in the design as they would have looked better then what it does now. Don't get me wrong they look good and all and most people wouldn't notice it but i'm just too damn picky for my own good.

Don't have pics of mine yet but these are from the guy over on tech after he finished his and it sat in the sun for a few weeks. Mine are black with grey inserts and fire bird emblems embroidered in the headrests and the middle of the back seat in thread to match the inserts. As soon as I get it all done and reassembled Ill post pictrues

Last edited by raynor139; 03-09-2017 at 08:33 PM.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

This is something I've been thinking about doing at least to my driver's seat (it's showing it's age, for sure). The other seats scarcely see any use at all and look nearly new.
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Silver
    2002 T/A Ws6 convertible

Those look nice. I'm also in the process of researching leather reupholstering of my seats. The leather is not torn at all but the quality is crap and the Katzkin leather looks so nice. One shop here doesn't really want to do it now during his busy season but quoted me 1500 for the two fronts. I have another shop, who uses Katzkin and does embroidery also. He's around 1899 for the fronts and back but I need to bring the car in so he can give me a better quote. I know the leather is available on a vendor (not sure if a sponsor) for $1,059. I'm hesitant to do it myself; while I'm mechanically adept and do most of my work, I dont know if I can do this type of "fine" work so willing to let someone professional do it in order to get a nice result.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

So I've dubbed my TA DemonBird and thus plan on replacing the trans am door emblems with DemonBird 3D printed similar to this font. I just need to find someone to do it.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20170126-004557.jpg  
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Here is a pic of the rear seat. Its been in the car since last May. You can partially see the passenger seat. Still got to finish a few small details with attaching the back panel completely but wanted to get it in the car outside so I could really see what it would look like to so I could see what still needed to be adjusted. Its just loosely bolted down right now to keep it from falling backwards. Really they are a decent item. The fact that they changed the design without updating their site to reflect is what irritated me the most. I really like that side bolster style they use in the pics. There are a couple other things. The seats you see above had some foam added to help fill out the bottom of the seat. Especially at the front. So because I haven't done that mine look fine when no one is sitting in them just a little flat but when you do they collapse some. They no longer have the original seat covers they designed and go off a blue print they made. Which makes me think this is where areas with too little material and others with too much arise.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Here is a pic of the rear seat. Its been in the car since last May. You can partially see the passenger seat. Still got to finish a few small details with attaching the back panel completely but wanted to get it in the car outside so I could really see what it would look like to so I could see what still needed to be adjusted. Its just loosely bolted down right now to keep it from falling backwards. Really they are a decent item. The fact that they changed the design without updating their site to reflect is what irritated me the most. I really like that side bolster style they use in the pics. There are a couple other things. The seats you see above had some foam added to help fill out the bottom of the seat. Especially at the front. So because I haven't done that mine look fine when no one is sitting in them just a little flat but when you do they collapse some. They no longer have the original seat covers they designed and go off a blue print they made. Which makes me think this is where areas with too little material and others with too much arise.

Click for full size
    I am on the same boat as the rest of you guy but I need to find a new drivers bottom seat cushion. Even after having extra foam added in my old cushion, I have no support when going around corners.

I have seen new cushion sets available for 93-97's but none for 98-02's.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    So I've dubbed my TA DemonBird and thus plan on replacing the trans am door emblems with DemonBird 3D printed similar to this font. I just need to find someone to do it.
    Click for full size

So I wonder if I can get the same font done for "Gracie" ��
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    L76 6.0L block, PRC Ported 243 heads, Texas Speed 224R cam.
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Sway Bar
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    UMI Welded-on Two Piece Subframe Connectors
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact Sports all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    415 rwhp

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    I am on the same boat as the rest of you guy but I need to find a new drivers bottom seat cushion. Even after having extra foam added in my old cushion, I have no support when going around corners.

I have seen new cushion sets available for 93-97's but none for 98-02's.
    Yeah about the only option right now is getting an upholstery shop to remake the foam cushion. Our cars are at that fun age where there just isn't a lot of replacement stuff yet except for leftover NOS. I figure another 5-10 years before we really get to start seeing a lot assuming there are enough 4th gen f-bodies left on the road to make it worth companies time.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Yeah about the only option right now is getting an upholstery shop to remake the foam cushion. Our cars are at that fun age where there just isn't a lot of replacement stuff yet except for leftover NOS. I figure another 5-10 years before we really get to start seeing a lot assuming there are enough 4th gen f-bodies left on the road to make it worth companies time.
    Well, there seems to be plenty of stuff available for the 1st and 2nd gen F-bods, so I would think that these 4th gens should have a pretty nice sized after-market. I would really like to have my seats redone from the inside out (new foam, modified seat bolsters so that they actually hug the occupant and provide real support, etc, etc).

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

What is really weird, to me, is that the seat bottom cushion for the 93-97's look exactly the same as what is on the 98-02's but I haven't seen any references to it, at all.

- - - Updated - - -

What is really weird, to me, is that the seat bottom cushion for the 93-97's look exactly the same as what is on the 98-02's but I haven't seen any references to it, at all.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

This is what Emblem Pros will be making for me. I think I'm going to get decals made for the filler in the back as well to match.

Blog Entries
    I'm in same boat with '95 Subaru... too old for OEM foam pads anywhere except some dicey, dodgey looking links in Eastern Russsia, and too new to have the retro-makers. Can find a seat at junkyard sites and just harvest the cushion. Guy offered me a full seat for $100, but I could have bid him down to $50 I think as just after cushion. Check online junkyards for low mileage seats of ame year/F-body. I think I searched on LKQ or some site, as well as ebay and Amazon.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

My damn dash cracked and not on the pad, that's been cracked. It's the actual dash that the instrument cluster mounts too. Not going to pay $800. Going to look in the junk yards and pray I find one in good condition.

It royally pisses me off because I just got the interior looking the way I wanted and that happens.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Ordered (eventual) replacement Continental Extreme Contact DW 285-40-17's for the 2 1/2 year old ones on "Gracie" this weekend, they were on clearance sale at Tire Rack for 108.00 each.

When do they show up? Right after getting six inches of snow.

- - - Updated - - -

Ordered (eventual) replacement Continental Extreme Contact DW 285-40-17's for the 2 1/2 year old ones on "Gracie" this weekend, they were on clearance sale at Tire Rack for 108.00 each.

- - - Updated - - -

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

I ordered that metal shift boot ring from 6LE to replace my broken plastic one that was broke when I bought the car... always wanted to get it fixed but other stuff took priority... now it will be one little line scratched off my list.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    I ordered that metal shift boot ring from 6LE to replace my broken plastic one that was broke when I bought the car... always wanted to get it fixed but other stuff took priority... now it will be one little line scratched off my list.
    That's another item in a long list of stuff that should have come from GM.

Got mine like 6 yrs ago. So worth it.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Knock on injection molded plastic... only interior pieces in our car that have broken are the driver side door panel and driver side seatbelt loop on the side of the seat.

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

I bought a new Red top Optima, since I do not drive my 2000 WS6. She is sitting on 42,xxx...
    2007 Yukon XL (sold)
    2014 Z71 LTZ 3LZ (sold)
    2010 Escalade Platinum AWD , 6.2
    2017 Silverado HC , 4x4, 6.2

2000 WS6 ASC#2300 Holly LS6 intake, TR Custom grind cam, Mac Mids w/ ORY,Hotchkis LCA's, PHB, BMR Extreme STB, BMR re-location brackets,Eibach Sportlines, GMMG, Mccleod Pro 5.0, SLP SFC's, OEM ZO6 wheels
    1995 TA
    1969 R code Mach I my new project

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Knock on injection molded plastic... only interior pieces in our car that have broken are the driver side door panel and driver side seatbelt loop on the side of the seat.
    Same thing on mine except both door panels !

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by screamin chicken View Post
    I bought a new Red top Optima, since I do not drive my 2000 WS6. She is sitting on 42,xxx...
    Those Optima batteries don't hold up well in my experiences (and many of my friends experiences). Keep it on a trickle charge while it's in extended storage and hold on to your receipt so you can get it warranty replaced if it fails on you
    -------------------------------------
    Kooks 1 7/8" race headers, Kooks ORY, Borla catback, Nitto 555R, LS6 intake manifold, Shaner S3 ported stock throttle body, SLP lid, smooth bellows, JAAM Ram Air kit, Elite Engineering catch can, LS6 valley cover, EGR and AIR deleted, Frost tune, and Simpson Racing child car seat in the back. 13.2 @ 108MPH

Page 276 of 356 FirstFirst ... 2676126176226236246256272273274275276277278279280296306316326 ... LastLast

Thread Information