Page 191 of 356 FirstFirst ... 4191141151161171187188189190191192193194195211221231241291341 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 7102

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    I'm not upgrading my calipers but I am getting them powder coated. I am going with brake motive rotors "they are made by power stop" and I've heard really good things about them. I was going to go with Brembo blanks for the rotors but I cant find any so I scratched that idea...I'm going to pick up a set of Hawk HP+ pads for the trip to the motor park but I'm going to run ceramics on the street.

Ordered my braided stainless lines as well. Went with Russell brand through the ws6 store.
    I've been looking at brakes on line, can't decide between just slotted and slotted and drilled. What did you go with. I'll be doing some AutoX'ing during the spring/summer months and MAYBE a road course or 2 if I can find any in my area (Md.) R1 concepts has a mind-numbing selection to choose from. I see you're swapping out pads between street & strip .. are the Hawks too much for the street? What's the deal with the braided lines over the stock ones and will I need them for what I'm doing??
    '02 Black RamAir M6--Kooks LTH, Magnaflo, Lowered Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks, Tuned By Frost, K&N & SLP box, Smooth bellows, polished TB, Spohn perf. suspension, shock tower brace. UMI 3point SFC. Front & side splitters w/ canards. American Racing 18" wheels & Mich. Pilot SS titres
    '76 LagunaS3 - 355ci , 350 turbo, 3:55's

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmTerry View Post
    I've been looking at brakes on line, can't decide between just slotted and slotted and drilled. What did you go with. I'll be doing some AutoX'ing during the spring/summer months and MAYBE a road course or 2 if I can find any in my area (Md.) R1 concepts has a mind-numbing selection to choose from. I see you're swapping out pads between street & strip .. are the Hawks too much for the street? What's the deal with the braided lines over the stock ones and will I need them for what I'm doing??
    Braided lines are an absolute must whether your hitting the course or just cruising the streets. HUGE difference between braided lines and the standard rubber junk our cars come with...you'll have a much more solid brake pedal with stainless and will eliminate a lot of brake fade.

The rotors I went with are drilled and slotted "I really wanted a decent set of blank rotors but couldnt find any for the price I wanted". The hawk pads that I'm getting aren't really street recommended because they require X amount of heat to be at the optimum operating range and I'll rarely ever hit that on the street...Hawk has the HPS pads that are fantastic for the street and autoX tho. The HP+ pads that I ordered are mainly track only because of the temperature ranges and put out an ungodly amount of brake dust lol thats why I'm going to run ceramics on the street and then switch to the HP+ at the track. In the words of Sam Strano "they'll stop you like you tied yourself to a tree".

Almost forgot...be sure to drain your fluids and put a quality brake fluid in. One of the biggest reasons for brake fade is bad fluid or fluid with moisture in it.
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 01-26-2015 at 08:46 AM.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

A tunnel mount will be a noisier setup than a full length torque arm.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

I placed my order for my new Strange S60 with 4:10 gears. 3-4 weeks for delivery. Good bye 10 bolt. Come on spring
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ Very cool. Now you'll need a set of dedicated track wheels!

Black / White

no snow, no rain, and the sun is out today...the car got driven to work. The rear end sure does slide around a lot on cold concrete

Silver

Lol, I actually been thinking about this for a while. I have my stock rims and I can put a tire(can't think of the size) in a drag radial that would match my street tires almost exactly. However I may have to wait awhile cause this bill pretty much is depleting my funds.
    I would love to squeeze in some brake stuff as well.

Silver

no snow, no rain, and the sun is out today...the car got driven to work. The rear end sure does slide around a lot on cold concrete

Enjoy your day Pat.....

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    Click for full size

Enjoy your day Pat.....
    wowwwwwwwwwww!
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Silver

Sorry Pat been a long couple days behind the wheel.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    Sorry Pat been a long couple days behind the wheel.
    No I meant wow to the snow lol not your comment...I picked up the sarcasm

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Braided lines are an absolute must whether your hitting the course or just cruising the streets. HUGE difference between braided lines and the standard rubber junk our cars come with...you'll have a much more solid brake pedal with stainless and will eliminate a lot of brake fade.

The rotors I went with are drilled and slotted "I really wanted a decent set of blank rotors but couldnt find any for the price I wanted". The hawk pads that I'm getting aren't really street recommended because they require X amount of heat to be at the optimum operating range and I'll rarely ever hit that on the street...Hawk has the HPS pads that are fantastic for the street and autoX tho. The HP+ pads that I ordered are mainly track only because of the temperature ranges and put out an ungodly amount of brake dust lol thats why I'm going to run ceramics on the street and then switch to the HP+ at the track. In the words of Sam Strano "they'll stop you like you tied yourself to a tree".

Almost forgot...be sure to drain your fluids and put a quality brake fluid in. One of the biggest reasons for brake fade is bad fluid or fluid with moisture in it.
    Good stuff to know !! thanks. I'll check into the braided lines. I've heard feedback on the the drilled as being noisey but I still think I'm going with them as well. so,, the hawk HP pads and not the HP+ for mainly the street ?! I've been wanting to change out the brake fluid anyway -- any particular type & brand recommended?
    Good for you for getting you're car out (you suck !! LOL ) Too much salt and snow and 28deg. for us here in Md.

Black / White

Good stuff to know !! thanks. I'll check into the braided lines. I've heard feedback on the the drilled as being noisey but I still think I'm going with them as well. so,, the hawk HP pads and not the HP+ for mainly the street ?! I've been wanting to change out the brake fluid anyway -- any particular type & brand recommended?
    Good for you for getting you're car out (you suck !! LOL ) Too much salt and snow and 28deg. for us here in Md.
    When it comes to the fluid, just about any DOT 4 fluid should do the trick.

As for the pads, you'll want the "HPS" pads for street and some track use.
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 01-27-2015 at 11:32 AM.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Never had good luck with braided fuel lines, they always burst on me. Who makes lines/ hoses that will hold up?

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    Never had good luck with braided fuel lines, they always burst on me. Who makes lines/ hoses that will hold up?
    Russell, Goodridge, Techna-Fit...I've never heard of anybody having an issue with any of those. I ran Russell's on previous cars so those are the ones I usually go after if I'm replacing rubber lines. I've never had an issue "knock on wood".

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

When it comes to the fluid, just about any DOT 4 fluid should do the trick.

As for the pads, you'll want the "HPS" pads for street and some track use.
    Thanks for advice ! I was never one for re-inventing the wheel so I try to go with what other people know will work. I can't imagine braided lines being less reliable than rubber

Black / White

Thanks for advice ! I was never one for re-inventing the wheel so I try to go with what other people know will work. I can't imagine braided lines being less reliable than rubber
    They arent less reliable imo. The "issues" with stainless line failures is that some of the lines that are marketed don't comply with DOT standards for crimping of the line to the fittings "ebay brands, etc". Most everybody with our cars upgrades the brake lines because they are known to be pretty crappy...the odds of having a braided line blow are pretty slim but it can happen obviously just like with a rubber line. The issue that I hear people talk about the most is the fact that a non-sealed braided line can let dirt in between the stainless metal outer cover and the rubber line and that it can cause issues over time "like years" but I've never heard of a failure happening because of it. They make stainless lines that have plastic/rubber coatings that goes over the stainless braid to prevent that from happening tho.

I would get braided lines and not think twice. Just make sure you get something worth buying. Brakes are not something I would want to cheap out on lol

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Wallet is Ordered K1 Forged 4" crank from Summit

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Russell, Goodridge, Techna-Fit...I've never heard of anybody having an issue with any of those. I ran Russell's on previous cars so those are the ones I usually go after if I'm replacing rubber lines. I've never had an issue "knock on wood".
    Russell's are what I had, all eventually the one on the front and the rear one (rear drum setup) on my '89 TA burst right at the end that connects to the lines.

Maple Red Metallic
    2001 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    Russell's are what I had, all eventually the one on the front and the rear one (rear drum setup) on my '89 TA burst right at the end that connects to the lines.
    I have no previous experience with Russell and went with RPM instead. Been about a year.....no issues.
    A couple bucks more for a better replacement. They seem to be more race orientated then Russell.

Page 191 of 356 FirstFirst ... 4191141151161171187188189190191192193194195211221231241291341 ... LastLast

Thread Information