Page 173 of 356 FirstFirst ... 2373123133143153169170171172173174175176177193203213223273323 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 7102

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    If you are running factory shocks I'd say it's time for an upgrade.
    Yep, still the crappy original orange decarbons. I'm wanting a set of the new Koni STR.T shocks that came out earlier this year but I'm being pulled in so many directions with projects the funds just won't be there until early next year. I will likely stay with the stock springs until I upgrade the shocks and see what a difference in ride height that makes as I am running really low right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sjgreen6 View Post
    Definitely fender contact. Looks like only occasional as when you launch hard. Since you are running larger than stock wheels/tires did you also upgrade your suspension bumper to the WS6 piece with the metal spacer? The difference between stock TA and WS6 is about another 1/2" of clearance. Might be all you need to solve your problem.
    And it is only happening on the passenger side. It has only very occasionally cut into the size a small amount before, but over the 4th weekend I had a couple friends come in from out of town and we took the bird out one day and with right around 600 extra lbs in the car it was riding so low that unless I was driving on a perfectly level road any bump at all caused the turn downs on the dumps to scrape. Yep, I upgraded the bump stop some time ago with the Prothane 1-1301 kit. Here is a shot of what the stockers looked like when I pulled them off the car next to the replacements.

The stockers were so worn down that I had a contact spot in the driver side wheel well where it rubbed off the factory coating.

2000 Trans Am T56 Swapped - GMPP "HOT" Cam | LS6 Intake | PnP TB | 25% UD Pulley | Founders adjustable LCA/PHB/TA | Norris Catch Can | TSP 1-7/8 SS LT | TSP True Duals with bullets | SLP Lid | UMI Shock tower brace | Torq Thrust M 17x9 275/40 front 17x10.5 315/35 rear - YouTube Videos - My Car Site

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by Decadence75 View Post
    Yep, still the crappy original orange decarbons. I'm wanting a set of the new Koni STR.T shocks that came out earlier this year but I'm being pulled in so many directions with projects the funds just won't be there until early next year. I will likely stay with the stock springs until I upgrade the shocks and see what a difference in ride height that makes as I am running really low right now.

And it is only happening on the passenger side. It has only very occasionally cut into the size a small amount before, but over the 4th weekend I had a couple friends come in from out of town and we took the bird out one day and with right around 600 extra lbs in the car it was riding so low that unless I was driving on a perfectly level road any bump at all caused the turn downs on the dumps to scrape. Yep, I upgraded the bump stop some time ago with the Prothane 1-1301 kit. Here is a shot of what the stockers looked like when I pulled them off the car next to the replacements.

Click for full size

The stockers were so worn down that I had a contact spot in the driver side wheel well where it rubbed off the factory coating.

Click for full size

Just a little worn out

Drop of the heads and with a quick once over he pointed to what was #3 cyl and said there's something wrong with this cyl. It's dead. See here how there's carbon one the others and nothing here. Looks like it was washed in gas but no combustion. So I feel a little better, He's going to look over everything, from the heads, trunion rockers & lifters.

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

This is what the WS6 style bumpers look like. Notice the extra metal spacer on the bottom. Sounds like your problem might also involve worn springs.
    ATI Procharger, SFCs, Y-pipe, LM2, BBK Shorty Headers, Corvette N73 Magnesium Wheels, 4th Circle Designs Stripe and Overlay kit

Navy Blue Metallic

I got mine from Strano for $28/pair. A slight modification to the frame needs to make them work. Need to grind off a tab.

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by sjgreen6 View Post
    This is what the WS6 style bumpers look like. Notice the extra metal spacer on the bottom. Sounds like your problem might also involve worn springs.
    I'm pretty sure the prothane kit is the same length as the WS6 kit was so no spacers were needed. I am skeptical that it is a spring problem. Once I manage to replace the shocks we will see though. Maybe I will go get some cheap-o auto parts store shocks just to hold me over until I can afford the Koni.

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I got mine from Strano for $28/pair. A slight modification to the frame needs to make them work. Need to grind off a tab.
    That is the same pair I am running. Got them for $18 at summit. Had to sawzall a tab off to make them fit.

Here is my blog post where I did the install last july. Some Prothane Loving | 2000 Trans Am Blog

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

I got the prothane kit also and had to hack off a lil bit of the bumper to make it fit. My original bump stops were completely gone! Nothing but the mounting frame for the bump stop was there. Although you do know the bump stop is only there to protect you from the tire bottoming out on the frame or fender well. If your are rubbing under normal circumstances, then you have prob put on lowering springs that are too low for your tire combo. Normally the springs should be enough to keep you from bottoming out. The shock doesn't actually hold the car up in place, it just slows down the up and down motion of the spring.

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

I think I agree with Ron's guess that you may have lowering springs installed (also could just be worn out and sagging like the pants of so many young men around here). I checked the factory service manual for the rear suspension specifications. To see if you are still at stock ride height measure the distance between the rear bumper bracket that we have been discussing and the top of the axle tube. Before measuring you need to bounce the suspension a couple of times to ensure you get a true measurement (you may need to repeat this process a couple of times and take the average). If your car originally had the P235/55 tires the gap should be 31mm or 1.2 inches. If your car originally had the P245/55 tires (WS6) the gap should be 37mm or 1.5 inches. If your suspension gap is shorter than this spacing you definitely need to look at your springs.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Am I the only one who removed their bump stops long ago?
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I pull mine off when I install the Bogarts and Hoosiers for the track. On the street, however, I do run the bump stops.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Changed my power antenna mast. When the last GM High tech came out I read a article on how to replace and where to buy a replacement mast if yours should break.. It was only a few days later it quit in the up position..very simple repair so I thought, could not get the motor out until I cut the antenna ( it was all the way up when it broke) then after getting the mast out of the motor realized the drive cable was shorter than the new one you guessed it about 6" broke off in motor and the case is not ment to come apart. Was able to drill out the plastic tabs remove the missing piece and reinstall the case with JB weld, waited a day for it to dry and installed new mast...so all is well in tune city and in my case as usual it was not a easy fix as High Tech indicated.
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Blue
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am LS1

Put on my new vanity plates.

Maple Red Metallic
    2001 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    Put on my new vanity plates.
    ....and......What's it say

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

drove mine to work today for the first time in like a week and a half...cleaned her up last night.

Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Nutball View Post
    ....and......What's it say
    Is my screen name any hint?

Hey, quick question for you. I am a member of another forum (not a car forum) that is similar to the layout of this one and am able to post pics that are saved on my computer. It doesn't appear to work for me here. Do you have any advice on how to post a picture, or is there something special you have to do? Thanks much!

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    Is my screen name any hint?

Hey, quick question for you. I am a member of another forum (not a car forum) that is similar to the layout of this one and am able to post pics that are saved on my computer. It doesn't appear to work for me here. Do you have any advice on how to post a picture, or is there something special you have to do? Thanks much!

Jennifer, welcome. You will need to get a few more post to be able to post.

You will also need to use something like Photobucket to post pics. Here is a thread on how to.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f98/how-po...bucket-138199/

Blue

[QUOTE=SMWS6TA;2899512]Jennifer, welcome. You will need to get a few more post to be able to post.

You will also need to use something like Photobucket to post pics. Here is a thread on how to.

Thanks much, SMWS6TA!

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Welcome to the site True Blue!! Good to see another local MD member. I also couldn't figure out why I couldn't post anything when I 1st joined the site. Just like Scott (SMWS6TA ) mentioned, you need to accumulate a certain amount of post before you have certain privileges.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Oh yeah. Today I drove the young lady to work. I still love all the looks the car still gets after pushing over 16 years old. I cant wait until this winter to install the Ride tech air ride system in it.

Navy Blue Metallic

Order my ARP studs.....

Page 173 of 356 FirstFirst ... 2373123133143153169170171172173174175176177193203213223273323 ... LastLast

Thread Information