Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    lol. what else could i say? none of my friends want to switch as designated drivers, they all want to hang out at bars every weekend for the most part, and i'm single. it's sad, but my social life would be pretty dull if it weren't for bars at 23 years old.

i'm just trying to pay closer attention, especially when i drink and drive. i get too comfortable flipping through my ipod and staring down at it, or i'll get a little anxious and speed sometimes. probable cause is quite easy for a cop to make up IMO, and i bet it's tempting for them when it's 2:30-3:00 and you're the only car on the road.

i have a clean driving record and stay far away from hard liquor, but a few beers can still get me nabbed, and i'm worried about that risk.0
    Last edited by myk02k; 02-27-2011 at 09:17 PM.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by myk02k View Post
    lol. what else could i say? none of my friends want to switch as designated drivers, they all want to hang out at bars every weekend for the most part, and i'm single. it's sad, but my social life would be pretty dull if it weren't for bars at 23 years old.

i'm just trying to pay closer attention, especially when i drink and drive. i get too comfortable flipping through my ipod and staring down at it, or i'll get a little anxious and speed sometimes. probable cause is quite easy for a cop to make up IMO, and i bet it's tempting for them when it's 2:30-3:00 and you're the only car on the road.

i have a clean driving record and stay far away from hard liquor, but a few beers can still get me nabbed, and i'm worried about that risk.0
    3 letters? C A B?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If all your friends do is hang out at bars it sounds like you need some new friends that aren't alcoholics.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Word^^^

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^spoken from the guy who downs a pint of whiskey in a couple minutes lol. Or maybe used to!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

But I wasnt hanging out in bars with drunks now was I?
    Last edited by Sarge; 02-28-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Dunno. I'm not old enough to have hung out with you. And I was just having fun when I wrote that, as you prolly know.

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I guess...each person is different. I've seen friends drink all night...beers, shots, hard liquor...and blow a .05/.06.
    BS! What do they weigh 700lbs? Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by clint195 View Post
    BS! What do they weigh 700lbs? Give me a break.
    Anybody with common sense knows that is BS.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

If all your friends do is hang out at bars it sounds like you need some new friends that aren't alcoholics.
    I agree to the extreme!

I've got a DUI, from over 6 years ago now. I won't go into detail about how I lost my license, and how much of a royal PITA it was to get it back but I will tell you one thing. The last time I drank at a bar was this past summer with a buddy of mine (one of few). We met some mutual friends there, and I ended up getting hammered. We took my camaro and before we even got out of the car to go in, I asked him if he was going to drink. He said he'd have a few but wouldn't get drunk. I said cool, because I'm not driving AT ALL, and I don't want my camaro being operated by anyone UTI. PERIOD. He weighs on the better side of 250 (did at the time anyways), and had 2 tall ones within 3 hours or so. I trusted him to drive, but the point is, after many years of being sober, and going back to the bar, I would have called for a cab before I even got in my own car being driven by somebody with "just a buzz".

It's just not worth it... I'm telling you..

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    I agree to the extreme!

I've got a DUI, from over 6 years ago now. I won't go into detail about how I lost my license, and how much of a royal PITA it was to get it back but I will tell you one thing. The last time I drank at a bar was this past summer with a buddy of mine (one of few). We met some mutual friends there, and I ended up getting hammered. We took my camaro and before we even got out of the car to go in, I asked him if he was going to drink. He said he'd have a few but wouldn't get drunk. I said cool, because I'm not driving AT ALL, and I don't want my camaro being operated by anyone UTI. PERIOD. He weighs on the better side of 250 (did at the time anyways), and had 2 tall ones within 3 hours or so. I trusted him to drive, but the point is, after many years of being sober, and going back to the bar, I would have called for a cab before I even got in my own car being driven by somebody with "just a buzz".

It's just not worth it... I'm telling you..
    After you get out of the bar scene Its not much fun going out if you go out again. I think back now and say what a waste of time and money.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

OK I am lying. That is what I do on this forum with my 5,400+ posts...tell nothing but lies

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

The internet is serious business man.

Red
    2001 WS6

OK I am lying. That is what I do on this forum with my 5,400+ posts...tell nothing but lies
    I dont care if you had 150,000 post im not buying that shit. Like NHRA said anyone with common sense wouldnt either.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I know we were at the bar from about 9:30ishPM and he got pulled over at 3AM. I was with him most of the night. This is someone who drinks pretty much daily and works out daily. He is a trainer. I am not saying he downed one drink after the other all night...but he was drinking shots, several beers, and had a few mixed drinks. That was over a 5-6 hr time frame. He blew a .06 and then was taken to the police station where he blew higher mysteriously. This was AFTER he passed the field sobriety and the breathalizer that the cop gave him. His charges go revoked after he hired an attorney. They also tried to impound his vehicle, but after much debate the officer allowed his brother to come get his car. My little brother was also there and vouched to drive home...but he did blow a .08 so he couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by clint195 View Post
    I dont care if you had 150,000 post im not buying that shit. Like NHRA said anyone with common sense wouldnt either.
    and I don't have much common sense... Just ask Sarge

I'm not saying you're a liar... I just find it hard believe

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I know we were at the bar from about 9:30ishPM and he got pulled over at 3AM. I was with him most of the night. This is someone who drinks pretty much daily and works out daily. He is a trainer. I am not saying he downed one drink after the other all night...but he was drinking shots, several beers, and had a few mixed drinks. That was over a 5-6 hr time frame. He blew a .06 and then was taken to the police station where he blew higher mysteriously. This was AFTER he passed the field sobriety and the breathalizer that the cop gave him. His charges go revoked after he hired an attorney. They also tried to impound his vehicle, but after much debate the officer allowed his brother to come get his car. My little brother was also there and vouched to drive home...but he did blow a .08 so he couldn't.
    We all metabolize alcohol differently. Fact.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Many factors go into the amount of alcohol measurable in a person's blood or breath given the same amount of drinks consumed over the same time period. Not worth getting our panties in a bunch here... as it is my thong has been chafing all day.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

You may wear "panties" Jeff ....I wear drawers.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information