Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xssv View Post
    Just had mine wedged in. Fit was far from good....shop ended up cutting 1-1/2" to 2" off the headers (THEIR headers too!) and trimmed a little on the pipes over the axle to make it all work. Does look killer under there though....

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Where did you gas tank run off too?

01 SS

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    WOW that looks killer....Im suprised they had to do all that cutting and trimming?,,,did you call KooKs on it?....anyway it looks great...noticed two things... 1) do you have rear coil-overs?.... 2) No mufflers huh?...man id sure like to hear what that sounds like? any up coming video?.....
    Thanks! In response to your questions..... 1) No coil-overs - Eibach Pro's with air bags. 2) Mufflers are there....the two big shiney bullets on both sides of the gas tank

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Where did you gas tank run off too?
    Gas tank is there....black....two silver straps on it in with a harness zip-tied to them.

Thanks! In response to your questions..... 1) No coil-overs - Eibach Pro's with air bags. 2) Mufflers are there....the two big shiney bullets on both sides of the gas tank

Gas tank is there....black....two silver straps on it in with a harness zip-tied to them.
    I see the straps and I see a harness wound up and zip tied,,,but for some reason the gas tank appears invisible.

Do they make the system removable back there under the gas tank? I can't tell in the pictures.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

They use bullet style mufflers at the very tail of the system. If you haven't heard the system, I can tell you it's extremely loud
    HMMM couldnt see them in the pics?

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Okay....so how you likin them air bags?..and huh the bullets your talkin about look alot like my Magna-flo tail pipes thats why i guess i missed them in the pics.. Can you raise and lower your car with those like air-rides?
    Last edited by SuperSSguy; 08-23-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

QUOTE=35th-ANV-SS;

I don't have any clearance issues with my exhaust, but I don't have true duals either.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but i think that Pro-charger ya got makes up for it..tee-hee.......

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    Kooks is the product I'll be getting. I'd rather wait addition years to save for them, vs going a different product.

1. Kooks headers + kooks TD = ~ $2500

or

2. Kooks headers + kooks catted y + magnaflow catback = ~ $2100

So I ask myself, is $400 worth TD? Plus, option 2 can be done is stages.

I also agree, it would nice if you they offered a whole package deal, headers + TD setup for 2k.
    Got my KooKs 1 7/8 Lt`s in 2008 -wish they had a TD set up then.... I would have done what your saying,,,waited saved and get the whole enchilada!! Now i have tha KooKs Lt`s just have to buy the rest

Or use Bassani's true dual exhaust setup for about 1/3 the cost, and it's alot quieter while still providing a little bark

01 SS

Okay....so how you likin them air bags?..and huh the bullets your talkin about look alot like my Magna-flo tail pipes thats why i guess i missed them in the pics.. Can you raise and lower your car with those like air-rides?
    Haven't run the car yet with the bags. Lol, haven't run anything in nearly 8yrs. Yes, you modify height, ride firmness, roll, etc. biggest reason I went with them is because I cut the bump stops off.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Haven't run the car yet with the bags. Lol, haven't run anything in nearly 8yrs. Yes, you modify height, ride firmness, roll, etc. biggest reason I went with them is because I cut the bump stops off.
    Should probably start a new thread or a poll but i was going to ask and see what the general opinions of... air bags..vs...coil overs were? I saw an episode of Horsepowertv when they did a Gen 4 Camaro with bags...it got good results on the cones..as far as coil overs ive had them on previous car and were great.

Should probably start a new thread or a poll but i was going to ask and see what the general opinions of... air bags..vs...coil overs were? I saw an episode of Horsepowertv when they did a Gen 4 Camaro with bags...it got good results on the cones..as far as coil overs ive had them on previous car and were great.
    I use air bags in coil suspension in the rear for one purpose,,,and that's to preload the passenger side at the dragstrip to help plant the tires better. Otherwise I run zero air in them and they are just along for the ride any other time.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

I use air bags in coil suspension in the rear for one purpose,,,and that's to preload the passenger side at the dragstrip to help plant the tires better. Otherwise I run zero air in them and they are just along for the ride any other time.
    AH! So you still have your shocks and coil springs but with a bag in the middle of the spring as opposed to a full on bag set up w/o springs and shocks....

01 SS

^^^ exactly.

AH! So you still have your shocks and coil springs but with a bag in the middle of the spring as opposed to a full on bag set up w/o springs and shocks....
    Yep,,,,it allows you to preload the spring (or springs) but they can ride without air and you don't even know they are in there,,,,so you get your ride quality back.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Nice ...

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Nothing sneakier than an old drag racer?

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I just bought the Kooks exhaust. From this photo, can you tell if I need to replace the UMI parts that I have with a BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop (Part# DSL001) and a BMR Panhard Rod Relocation (Part# PHR004)?

Click for full size

Attachment 26499
    Last edited by South; 01-05-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Black
    1998 Trans am WS6

https://www.holley.com/products/exha.../70501413-RHKR

I know this is an old post but is anyone running this system. It's a lot cheaper than the kooks and bassani

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 98ramairguy View Post
    https://www.holley.com/products/exha.../70501413-RHKR

I know this is an old post but is anyone running this system. It's a lot cheaper than the kooks and bassani
    Most people don't run it in stock form because it uses mid length headers. Every person I've seen has it modified for full length headers. Plus it's 2.5 while many prefer 3. Honestly unless your running some high hp setup the 2.5 is fine. Biggest good thing I've heard and seen is that it's one of the best fitting dual exhaust system for our cars.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information