Black
    2002 Camaro Z-28

1st Kill..96 camaro vs. my '02 z-28

I had just gotten gas at a gas station the next town over from where i live. I look across the street and out of another gas station a 96 pulls out. about a half mile down the road, the light turns red, and it just so happens to work out that i pulled up next to him and we were both lined up. i rolled down my window to wave at him (i wave at all the camaros and firebirds that i drive by cause im cool like that) and i guess he took that as a sign to race, so he revs up his engine and i knew it was on. the light is about to turn green, so i rev it up to about 3k rpm and wait. the light goes green, i dump the clutch, and the kid dumped his but at wayyy to high of an rpm and just started to spin. i immediately hooked and took off outa there like a bat outa hell. by 3rd gear, he was about a buslength back. This road is a newly paved 3 mile straight strip, so i jumped on it. I shut her down around 100 mph. i put on my hazards to make him feel bad too now normally i dont race other camaros or firebirds, but he was beggin for it, so i gave it to him.

NBM
    '99 Z28

so you beat a 3.4 V6?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

u dumped at 3k and caught traction?? WTF, i wish i could do that

dont do that ricy fuckin hazards shit lol

i tend to wave at vettes and camaros also, i rember my dad tellin me about when he had his 75 stingray and all the vette owners would wave to eachother
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

Black
    2002 Camaro Z-28

I think it was a V-8, but im not sure....at least it sounded like a v-8. i know my cars pretty well, and what they all sound like, and i can tell ya right off the bat, he had a flowmaster 50 series on there. a kid in my school used to own the car, and would talk sh*t on people and everyone was afraid to race him. he sold the car to another kid in town and i happened to get lucky enough to meet up with him at the light. i know that its a z-28, not 100% sure what year, i kinda just threw 96 in there.

zoso..BRAND new bfg 275's hook pretty well on newly paved roads

NBM
    '00 Z28

Sorry, but you're story sounds like BS to me. I don't doubt that a LS1 could beat an LT1 car. That's just common sense. But, you say you think it was a V-8, but you're not sure. Then, later, "I know it's a Z-28." "I know who used to own it."

How is it that you know exactly what muffler the car has when you're not even sure what engine it has?

Kid, wait until you know what you've raced before you open your mouth. To me, by looking at your post count, you seem like a kid that just joined and wanted to join in by telling a story. No one hear is going to mind if you have something to share. That's what the forum is about. Just, please, leave the BS.

black
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

I love how everyone here talks trash to eachother

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Camaro010
    so you beat a 3.4 V6?

Black
    2002 Camaro Z-28

Heres the background on it all...last year a kid in my school had the car. Its a z-28 not sure what year, but he always talked smack on everyone about it, but i could never touch him because i didnt have my licence yet, and i didnt have a car fast enough to beat him at the time. everyone was afraid to race him because it "had sooo much power". i talked to him the other day and he told me he had the flowmaster on it, because i was looking to buy the same one off someone else in town. Any ways, he sold it to my friends brother, i didnt recognize him at first, but i figured i was gonna lose, so thats y i kept the ASR on. I dont think the kid knew how to drive the car, cause he spun wayy too much off the line which gave me the only advantage over him. to be honest, i dont know much about american cars, im just getting into it. I used to drive all foreigns before my father had gotten me into the whole "american scene" If you all decide that my story's a load of shit, go for it, its your opinion and your entitled to it.

NBM
    '00 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by PureSpeed
    Heres the background on it all...last year a kid in my school had the car. Its a z-28 not sure what year, but he always talked smack on everyone about it, but i could never touch him because i didnt have my licence yet, and i didnt have a car fast enough to beat him at the time. everyone was afraid to race him because it "had sooo much power". i talked to him the other day and he told me he had the flowmaster on it, because i was looking to buy the same one off someone else in town. Any ways, he sold it to my friends brother, i didnt recognize him at first, but i figured i was gonna lose, so thats y i kept the ASR on. I dont think the kid knew how to drive the car, cause he spun wayy too much off the line which gave me the only advantage over him. to be honest, i dont know much about american cars, im just getting into it. I used to drive all foreigns before my father had gotten me into the whole "american scene" If you all decide that my story's a load of shit, go for it, its your opinion and your entitled to it.
    Hey bud, I was just stating that it was odd that you would know so much about the car (i.e. knowing what muffler it had) but you weren't sure if it was even a V8 or not.
    I'm not mad at you. I was just pointing out my opinion based ono your sketchy knowledge. But, now I see that you're a . So, no big deal. I apologize for busting your balls.
    Welcome to the domestic side of the house. I think you're going to like it here.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z-28

Thanks for the welcoming, sorry it sounded soo sketchy, next time ill be sure to put in all the details.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Well...good kill, welcome to LS1 city, where the Civics go byebye!

Black
    2002 Camaro Z-28

lol, i noticed a huge difference when i started driving my Z. When i used to drive my 3000gt vr-4, little rice burners would rev up at me when i was driving by. now, they dont even look twice cause im pretty sure they know they'll get blown away.. god i love this

Thread Information