Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Red
    2000 Trans AM

i went on ddm and the dont sell the slim kit anymore. any other options?

Red
    2002 Firehawk #0689

Just get the regular kit. There is plenty of room to mount them in the same places.

Let us know how it goes, and post some pics with the bigger ballasts.

Gersh

2002 Black WS6

So, I got my kit in the mail today, tried hooking it all up, and nothing. No light. I know I hooked everything up correctly (kinda hard not too). I know I have power going into the ballast, but no power coming out of it (used a multimeter). Is there something I'm missing here? I also tried hooking up the other ballasts I ordered to see if it was that, and also tried the other bulb. Still nothing

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Red
    '72 Chevy C10 SWB

Quote Originally Posted by jrzdude View Post
    So, I got my kit in the mail today, tried hooking it all up, and nothing. No light. I know I hooked everything up correctly (kinda hard not too). I know I have power going into the ballast, but no power coming out of it (used a multimeter). Is there something I'm missing here? I also tried hooking up the other ballasts I ordered to see if it was that, and also tried the other bulb. Still nothing

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Sounds like what I got when I put them in my bike and car. I just switched the two spade connectors that plug into the original connector for the factory halogen bulb. Got light once I did that.. Let me know if that's the prob...

2002 Black WS6

Yah ^^^ I used that fancy Search button and finally found it
    You could either do what you said, or just spin the factory connector around on the HID harness. It's basically doing the same thing.

I tried PMing the OP, but does anyone know how to stop the fog lights from flashing with the Security system?

Red
    2002 Firehawk #0689

JRZDUDE,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I had my hip replaced, so I have been a bit out of it as of late!

Anyway, there is a way to do it, but it is through the alarm settings, programable through the ignition and key fob. There are instructions in the manual, but if you search around this site, or LS1tech.com, you will find online instructions as well.

Let us know how it works out. Glad the Step-by-step was helpful.

Gersh

2002 Black WS6

Yah, I think I'm just gonna have to remember to turn my foglights off when I get out of the car. Got everything working BTW. Looks amazing! Foglights were a pain in the ass just because there's hardly any room to work with.

Hope your recovery goes smooth man, and thanks for the right up!

SN: All this talk about DDM not selling HID kits anymore is BS.

midnight blue

i just got mine done. worked perfectly. thanks for the info

White
    1998 Trans Am

Nice write up. I did my car 4 yrs ago this would have helped out. Hid's are the way to go cause the stock headlights are way too dim. One day I will do the high beams and that write up on wiring them up so they stay on with high beams will come in handy.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Pretty nice setup.. I've been working on getting some HID's into my TA..

Wound up using Hella 60mm projectors to keep the beam out of the other guys eyes..

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Tram View Post

Wound up using Hella 60mm projectors to keep the beam out of the other guys eyes..

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Interesting. Do you mind me asking how you did those? and what model are those projectors? Thanks.

Impounded

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    looks nice. but i would do it to both low/ hi beam, paint the brackets black...and try to set the projector further back into the bracket so it doesnt stick out as much.... looks sweet. pics of it on?>

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    looks nice. but i would do it to both low/ hi beam, paint the brackets black...and try to set the projector further back into the bracket so it doesnt stick out as much.... looks sweet. pics of it on?>
    agree. you can put longer screws and spacers to sit the projector further back in the plate. +1 on painting the bracket black.

I just order my HIDs from DDM.
    Last edited by JayTA98; 07-19-2011 at 11:04 AM.

I'm doing both high and lows. I stole the Hellas and stuck them in my plane that I'm retrofitting with HID's, so, I just threw them in the high spots as I'm waiting for all my gear to get here for the install and didn't want to disable my low beams..

They are the 60mm Hella projectors.

The brackets are my own design. I just used the dimensions from the stock bucket.

Getting the projectors to sit further back can get tricky without modifying the headlights. I wanted to be able to install them with no negative effects and be able to go back stock with the turn of a screwdriver.

The brackets are painted black, I just had a guy as for some pics so I threw one of my extra brackets on the car for the pics.

I've painted mine with Rustoleum bed liner. LOL

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

I'm doing both high and lows. I stole the Hellas and stuck them in my plane that I'm retrofitting with HID's, so, I just threw them in the high spots as I'm waiting for all my gear to get here for the install and didn't want to disable my low beams..

They are the 60mm Hella projectors.

The brackets are my own design. I just used the dimensions from the stock bucket.

Getting the projectors to sit further back can get tricky without modifying the headlights. I wanted to be able to install them with no negative effects and be able to go back stock with the turn of a screwdriver.

The brackets are painted black, I just had a guy as for some pics so I threw one of my extra brackets on the car for the pics.

I've painted mine with Rustoleum bed liner. LOL

Click for full size
    nice
    1998 TA 130k A4, LS6 intake, TunedByFrost, Airlid, AIR and EGR delete, Borla exhaust, front Eibach lowering springs, LS6 valley cover, UMI TQ arm, UMI LCA's, UMI panhard bar, Poly engine mounts, BMR relocation brackets, Blistein HD shocks and struts, Oil catch can, Autotrix window fix.

Now I have an 2001 F150 5.4L

Impounded
    pics or write up when finished... sticky and a mod named after you possibly?

pics or write up when finished... sticky and a mod named after you possibly?
    I'll do a little write up, but the mod can't be named after me.. It was done before me, I just saw it and replicated it myself. I'm hoping my new bulbs will be here this week..

Impounded
    really? never seen it before

really? never seen it before
    Well, there is a company who sells an entire retrofit with everything you need to throw some HID's into a Trans Am, Blackbird Lighting Solutions. He has some pretty sweet stuff, but I kept having X, Y and Z happen in my life, so all my fun money kept disappearing, so I had to work out my own for a little less $$..

I wound up drawing the plate in cad and then sent it off to BigBlueSaw and got some cut out.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Well, there is a company who sells an entire retrofit with everything you need to throw some HID's into a Trans Am, Blackbird Lighting Solutions. He has some pretty sweet stuff, but I kept having X, Y and Z happen in my life, so all my fun money kept disappearing, so I had to work out my own for a little less $$..

I wound up drawing the plate in cad and then sent it off to BigBlueSaw and got some cut out.
    yeah i saw the kit is expensive but coems with everything. I just need the lights and the brackets that you fabricated. I kinda of like how it looks with both headlights.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information