02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    i gotcha. just seemed that you were like whoopty doo, you beat a truck. hell i have a bud that has a lightning that if we went from a 65 roll he would have traction issues. there is no telling what he had done to it.
    whoopty doo.....you beat a truck. There, I said it. In all seriousness though a high speed punch like that is the worst race the guy in the truck could pick. They're like bricks with wheels at those speeds. Race him from a dig and it'd be a little better race.

Also, don't race at those speeds with one damn hand. Me and my kids might be in front of you going to a cub scout meeting or something. Last thing I want is some guy behind me racing with a cell phone in his hand.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    331 to the wheels all bolt ons ? What ? im confused

95% sure it was a weak tune, the company went out of business about 3 weeks after i had it done. not to mention i am a high mileage ls1

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    whoopty doo.....you beat a truck. There, I said it. In all seriousness though a high speed punch like that is the worst race the guy in the truck could pick. They're like bricks with wheels at those speeds. Race him from a dig and it'd be a little better race.

Also, don't race at those speeds with one damn hand. Me and my kids might be in front of you going to a cub scout meeting or something. Last thing I want is some guy behind me racing with a cell phone in his hand.

yes sir

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    Idk about yall but my brother had a 01 lightning and he has a exhaust cai and a good tune he put 406hp and 412 ft tq down. Then trucks are really underrated by ford, I need to find the dyno graph he had if he even still has it cause he totaled the truck drunk driving.
    this is true

i have owned a 2002 lightning and they are NO joke for how heavy they are....with a few bolt on's you can run mid 12s all day long....swap the s/c and a badass tune you will see high 11s without question.....the TQ they make is crazy, without foot-braking it i would EZ do a 1/8mile burnout with heavy ass steel 20in rims

but they have a limit...anything after 110-115 give or take they start to fall off b/c its box lol
    Last edited by Blackbird WS6; 11-27-2010 at 10:40 PM.

White
    2020 Ford F-150 XL Sport

The post above about sums it up. I've owned my '01 Lightning since it was new and just like anything else, they have their strengths and weaknesses. Mine is equipped with just basic bolt-ons and makes 403 RWHP and 518 RWTQ. The long stroke on the 5.4 motor helps to make huge torque numbers when a blower is added to the mix. 1.8x 60-ft and 4.4 zero-60 MPH romps are pretty common with modded Lightnings.

With a good tune, 13 psi boost, and traction, a Lightning can easily run mid to high 12s. However, the rods, pistons, and 4R100 transmission will start failing with anything more than 500 SAE HP. They love cold, dense air and will often pick up a half pound of boost and a half second in the quarter mile when ambient air falls below 55*. The bad part is with the cold air, A/F ratios will change substantially, which requires adjustments to boost levels, fuel trim and timing curves. Far too often, the novice Lightning owner will not know about these dangers until after he's windowed his block.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by RUNVS View Post
    The post above about sums it up. I've owned my '01 Lightning since it was new and just like anything else, they have their strengths and weaknesses. Mine is equipped with just basic bolt-ons and makes 403 RWHP and 518 RWTQ. The long stroke on the 5.4 motor helps to make huge torque numbers when a blower is added to the mix. 1.8x 60-ft and 4.4 zero-60 MPH romps are pretty common with modded Lightnings.

With a good tune, 13 psi boost, and traction, a Lightning can easily run mid to high 12s. However, the rods, pistons, and 4R100 transmission will start failing with anything more than 500 SAE HP. They love cold, dense air and will often pick up a half pound of boost and a half second in the quarter mile when ambient air falls below 55*. The bad part is with the cold air, A/F ratios will change substantially, which requires adjustments to boost levels, fuel trim and timing curves. Far too often, the novice Lightning owner will not know about these dangers until after he's windowed his block.
    haha old thread ressurected!

yeah i have a guy i know that lives out in longview area that has a badass lightning. i remember it would snap the ass end loose on the 1-2 shift and you would have to fight to keep it straight. last i heard he got some spray

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    i gotcha. just seemed that you were like whoopty doo, you beat a truck. hell i have a bud that has a lightning that if we went from a 65 roll he would have traction issues. there is no telling what he had done to it.
    Then you would still beat him

Thread Information