Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

you have better anger management than i do... when people ride my ass i flip...

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by km346 View Post
    Last time i was at my local track there was an old hatchback civic running consistent 20's at like 68 mph... down right embarrassing.

OP next time don't even throw them a rev just pretend like you don't see 'em. Like you said not even worth wasting the gas or endangering other drivers.
    atleast he was consistent.....

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

I would have done the same thing since my truck probally would have lost lol

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by km346 View Post
    Last time i was at my local track there was an old hatchback civic running consistent 20's at like 68 mph... down right embarrassing.

OP next time don't even throw them a rev just pretend like you don't see 'em. Like you said not even worth wasting the gas or endangering other drivers.
    yeah i thought it was hilarious that would be like me trying to take my 98 civic 1.6 out there (i would never get out of the car for the fear of getting humiliated by people like myself lol)

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

I totally agree. I tell my girl this all the time "There's a time and a place for everything". If they want it bad enough, talk for a few seconds, agree on a spot and time, and do the damn thing. If it's too much of an "inconvenience" on their part, tell 'em like this. "Is it really worth it in the first place anyways then?" I've done this only a few times, but I beleive this to have saved me a few tickets...

Then again, did you have a saints avatar on your backglass then filled them with rage?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    I totally agree. I tell my girl this all the time "There's a time and a place for everything". If they want it bad enough, talk for a few seconds, agree on a spot and time, and do the damn thing. If it's too much of an "inconvenience" on their part, tell 'em like this. "Is it really worth it in the first place anyways then?" I've done this only a few times, but I beleive this to have saved me a few tickets...

Then again, did you have a saints avatar on your backglass then filled them with rage?

good point....they may hate winners.

black
    2000 Z28 camaro

thats funny i had a civic and a prelude flyin down the street when i was goin home from work today and i eventually got next to em an they started reving at me and stuff just annoyed me so we got up to a 3 lane an they kept it up so i just stalled up an blew the tires off an they came back up and wanted to go from a roll so i blew em away an they pulled up an one of em asked me why my v6 ran so good (im badgeless) i just laughed freakin ricers

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by evil ls1 View Post
    thats funny i had a civic and a prelude flyin down the street when i was goin home from work today and i eventually got next to em an they started reving at me and stuff just annoyed me so we got up to a 3 lane an they kept it up so i just stalled up an blew the tires off an they came back up and wanted to go from a roll so i blew em away an they pulled up an one of em asked me why my v6 ran so good (im badgeless) i just laughed freakin ricers
    Ricers always think you're running a v6 even when you're not.. My y87 rarely has trouble with their parts cars fart can modded... They always think they can take a v6 Camaro or Bird.. But the truth is most can not.. Except for the obvious higher end import cars that will toast me..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_Gonzales View Post
    I would have done the same thing since my truck probally would have lost lol
    i think you meant definitely,right?

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    here's the thing.....if he hits another car and kills them and someone on the street says you were racing him then your ass is in deep shit too. I was an idiot at that age too but the penalties back then were nothing compared to what they are now. I have to much to lose to risk it by racing some dumb ass. In the perfect situation I would still run someone through a couple of gears but that's such a rare situation it almost never happens. It definitely wouldn't be on the main drag through town like this idiot was doing.
    I hear ya Orion, I was the same way as a kid too. Funny how things change. Sounds like the same ol' same ol' back in Ohio
    I don't usually play much anymore either. I still do it once in a while for a very short jaunt, but the conditions have to be right, and none of that 100+ mph crap. I just don't risk it anymore. It usually happens to me when I'm in a classic, so I'm already 10 times as nervous about idiots as it is.

Seems nowadays I find myself off on some deserted road by myself playing around with the car when the urge arrises.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I have to say that, while I occasionally feel the need when urged on I mostly ignore those that I feel are not worthy...

As a kid OTOH I was a terror. Point in fact (this was 25+ years ago):

I was driving the 68 Nova (4 bolt main large journal 327, 11:1, roller everything capable of 7500 rpm, 4:11 gears, 3500 stalled built TH350 - car was stripped and yeah it was fast) home from the shop and happened upon a 69 Road Runner wanting some. We went from a 10-15 roll, neck and neck to way past triple digits (it was 3am so nobody about). We pull over to rap a bit. Turns out it's a 440 6 pack car and he couldn't believe I ran him dead even.

Ahhh my misspent youth...

FWIW this was my race car at the time. I had the 68 Pontiac Bonneville DD up in the air (on the rack for repairs) and drove this home...
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 11-03-2010 at 09:23 PM. Reason: added DD info...

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Ricers always think you're running a v6 even when you're not.. My y87 rarely has trouble with their parts cars fart can modded... They always think they can take a v6 Camaro or Bird.. But the truth is most can not.. Except for the obvious higher end import cars that will toast me..
    Lol you could fix that if you weren't afraid to tarnish that pretty red paint job of yours.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I hear ya Orion, I was the same way as a kid too. Funny how things change. Sounds like the same ol' same ol' back in Ohio
    I don't usually play much anymore either. I still do it once in a while for a very short jaunt, but the conditions have to be right, and none of that 100+ mph crap. I just don't risk it anymore. It usually happens to me when I'm in a classic, so I'm already 10 times as nervous about idiots as it is.

Seems nowadays I find myself off on some deserted road by myself playing around with the car when the urge arrises.
    yeah, I do the same thing. I'll go out of town and run it through a couple of gears just to get it out of my system. I trust my driving....it's the pimple faced-raging hormone kids that worry me.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by evil ls1 View Post
    yeah there are a shit load of them here in norman and they drive me crazy i always ask them why i should waste my gas and that really pisses them off. i think its funny to watch there reaction cause most rev up and sometimes to the rev limiter trying to make themselves look like a bad ass haha i think not

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    yeah, I do the same thing. I'll go out of town and run it through a couple of gears just to get it out of my system. I trust my driving....it's the pimple faced-raging hormone kids that worry me.
    +1. You did the right thing Orion. It's just not worth it. And, unfortunately, these are usually the kind of kids that end up on the news.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Damn' I was just getting to like the warm fuzzy then you stolen it back..
    I hope im not a crazy when i get older like i am now but your my roll model haha better?

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by zeetwentyeight View Post
    I hope im not a crazy when i get older like i am now but your my roll model haha better?
    much!

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

good call, def. not worth the gas. Unless I hear a BOV when those 4/6 banger ricers rev I don't even acknowledge them. And even then it depends on the conditions

White
    1998 Trans Am

25 years ago when I had all my Mustang 5.0 and 4.6's I raced all the time but all you got.was ticket for speeding and sometimes one for.warming up the Dr's. Now they arrest you and tow your car. Can't say I would bother with some fart canned civic anymore being only slightly more mature at 34 but I can't resist it when it's a Cobra termi or some older guy in a Vette showing off for his wife or girlfriend then I sometimes just can't resist but only if their isn't a lot of hwy traffic at night or dark backroads and the occasional red light near my apt where there is a empty stretch and usually never cops. But you really gotta be careful of those ricers.2 were racing down the 2 lane.side rd in front of my apt now the integra driver lost it and hit a tree. Wondered why a chopper landed that night but I saw it on the new the next day and some red plastic still around the immovable tree.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    good call, def. not worth the gas. Unless I hear a BOV when those 4/6 banger ricers rev I don't even acknowledge them. And even then it depends on the conditions
    most of the time i dont even bother running them when i hear a bov especially down main street in norman beacuse it is highly patroled. i think its funny to watch the kids that just get out of school leave and spin their tires even though they know that there is a cop just waiting and watching them

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information