Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

red
    98 Z28

ive raced an old guy w/ his wife in a STi from a roll he looked at me thinking he was gonna wax my butt. he downshifted 1st jumped out a car length once i dropped to 2nd caught up to him 3rd left him

Cobra, Z28, GN, F250

Never raced an Evo.....raced a turbo, motor swap 240 the other day and pulled him from a roll though...

-Will

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Yo, jimbo.

You live in the Raleigh area? I live over by Brier Creek, beside RTP. Where can I get some 1/4 mile times around here, and maybe some street racing action?
    Last edited by Roastem; 03-15-2006 at 04:44 AM.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

ok, soooo who let the trolls in?

black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSuperGoat
    This is funny. I find it hilarious how no body wants to give the GTO respect. Your "list" should look more like this:

1. C6 Z06
    2. C6 / C5 Z06
    3. C5 / 05 GTO (with a slight nod going to the GTO)
    4. LS1 F-body / 04 GTO

To the original poster, let me know if you ever plan to be in Houston...I'll be your huckleberry...
    04 GTO's post slower quater mile times than an ls1 f body. I've had the priviledge to race an 05 gto and a c5 vette, I took both of them, not by much at all maybe a half a length. Oh, and an 05 gto is not faster than a c5 vette

The Rookie
    Nasty GTO's?? Where's old Sarge when you need him? His GTO is all NASTY! That thing would rape many a car out there. But then again... he does have probably 10 plus thousand in that thing. But it is one nasty GTO.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Ls1>evo8

Quote Originally Posted by MIDNITELT1Z
    Ls1>evo8

Yup. Its faster stock.

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

lost to a 04 EVO once, ONCE. Got him off the line, and then my clutch slipped going into 2nd. Oh the smell was horrific. Fixing that problem though aftermarket...LOL. But then again once I pick it up from TSP, I'm not sure if any EVO will want some.

As far as the GTO well personally Pontiac would have been better off sticking with the Trans Am. Just my thought. Lighter with the same potential, oh and look better and more intimidating.

Quote Originally Posted by TACE02
    lost to a 04 EVO once, ONCE. Got him off the line, and then my clutch slipped going into 2nd. Oh the smell was horrific. Fixing that problem though aftermarket...LOL. But then again once I pick it up from TSP, I'm not sure if any EVO will want some.

As far as the GTO well personally Pontiac would have been better off sticking with the Trans Am. Just my thought. Lighter with the same potential, oh and look better and more intimidating.
    What are you having done at TSP? H/C? Theres plenty of EVOs in TX to play with that would be a good race.

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

can't give out all the secrets under the hood....
    lets just say its gonna sound good. oh and mean.

Quote Originally Posted by TACE02
    can't give out all the secrets under the hood....
    lets just say its gonna sound good. oh and mean.

Ah comeon guy Im in NJ Im not gonna tell everyone in texas I know, which is no one

Mystic Teal
    1998 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem

Yo, jimbo.

You live in the Raleigh area? I live over by Brier Creek, beside RTP. Where can I get some 1/4 mile times around here, and maybe some street racing action?
    The closest quarter to Raleigh is Rockingham. I'm in charlotte going to school right now, and we go to mooresville (1/8 mile) most every weekend for test and tune.
    Street racing: capital towards downtown is about the most common place. Go down 540 all the way to the end, and turn right on capital. Go down for a while until you see people.

Moo cow f**k milk Demon_Speeding's Avatar

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

I've run a couple EVOs from a roll...won all those races. The EVOs were modded, but neither owner would really divulge what was done under the hood, but they assured me they were modded and were confident they were going to pull me... I haven't had any opportunities since I've gotten some real tires to go from a dig. I'm really looking forward to a dig race against some AWD cars.

Thats weird. All these LS1s racing slow EVOs. Ive only lost to 1 LS1 out of the 20-25 Ive raced in over a year, however recently I raced him again and went even. I have however lost to an LS6 too :-) I guess it just depends what you come up against.

380awhp/tq
    EVO 8

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983
    Thats weird. All these LS1s racing slow EVOs. Ive only lost to 1 LS1 out of the 20-25 Ive raced in over a year, however recently I raced him again and went even. I have however lost to an LS6 too :-) I guess it just depends what you come up against.
    That's because no one wants to admit to losing to a 4 cylinder.

Impulse Blue
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by speedaddict
    04 GTO's post slower quater mile times than an ls1 f body. I've had the priviledge to race an 05 gto and a c5 vette, I took both of them, not by much at all maybe a half a length. Oh, and an 05 gto is not faster than a c5 vette
    Whatever you say buddy. You're right, GTO's are slower than everything else.

Impulse Blue
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983
    Thats weird. All these LS1s racing slow EVOs. Ive only lost to 1 LS1 out of the 20-25 Ive raced in over a year, however recently I raced him again and went even.
    Wow, only one loss in "20-25 raced in over a year"...sounds like you are running quite the beast there...either that or you are full of shit. Now that I am armed with your stats I know I only have a 4%-5% chance of beating an EVO, I guess I will just tuck tail when I come up against the far superior mitsubishi supercar.
    Last edited by BlueSuperGoat; 03-16-2006 at 08:03 AM.

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

an 05 gto isnt a slouch, but it isnt no corvette stock for stock..i raced my neighbors 05 black one with my 99 vette with k&n and it isnt near as quick and the cornering isnt there. it was a respectively close race with my 00 ws6 tho, that has a k&n

NBM
    '00 Z28

Hey, BlueSuperGoat, chill man. He's just saying that a stock 5.7 GTO has problems keeping up to a stock 5.7 F-body. Considering the extra heft the GTO is pulling around, that's not an unreasonable claim. What, are you pissed because you love your car and have developed some sort of dillussions as to its real abilities? Look, I know my car isn't the fastest thing on earth. I realize it is armed with the lowest output of any of the mentioned cars. But, due to the weight of the GTO and it only coming with an additional 45 HP, I have and will continue to beat stock '04 GTOs. If you don't believe it, too bad.

Just keep in mind no one said the '04 GTO is slow. Just that it's not as quick as the rest. If it really makes you that mad, mod yours or trade it in.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information