Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    put some pressurized air to that buick broseph!! I need a naturally breathing (mellow sounding) 455 tri-shield in my chebbelet. I bet that D.I. motor would be a whore to tune correctly. Plus getting it to run.. Or just be simple and forge the 3.8 with a big hit of laughing gas. Thread jack is no big deal, op has discovered that he will be bent over by the v8 already
    Yeah well we don't have to keep the DI part of it really.. Most of the engines 300+hp comes from an ~11:1 comp. DI is just icing on a cake that breaths well anyway. That's the beuty of a dohc.. Well @ least for some of us..

Too add... I for one don't care for drag racing personally.. Tho I like power same as the next guy. But I also like to turn a different dirrection, and to be different, as much as possible.. No offence v8= easy and done many times over.. However I will not mess with 4 juggers.. Not everyone cares about the extra expense or ease of doing something..

Now on to the 3800.. As wheelie said it's all been discussed.

Time to study up on making power in a buick 90*v6 or start saving for the big v8 in the sky bro.. imho
    Last edited by Smittro; 10-15-2010 at 07:52 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Yeah well we don't have to keep the DI part of it really.. Most of the engines 300+hp comes from an ~11:1 comp. DI is just icing on a cake that breaths well anyway. That's the beuty of a dohc.. Well @ least for some of us..

Too add... I for one don't care for drag racing personally.. Tho I like power same as the next guy. But I also like to turn a different dirrection, and to be different, as much as possible.. No offence v8= easy and done many times over.. However I will not mess with 4 juggers.. Not everyone cares about the extra expense or ease of doing something..

Now on to the 3800.. As wheelie said it's all been discussed.

Time to study up on making power in a buick 90*v6 or start saving for the big v8 in the sky bro.. imho
    I think with a nice cam, a stroker setup, good gears ALL bolt ons, some PP, and you would be well on your way N/A to reeling in an bone ls1.. Put a spool on top of that and well........ya know.......
    Last edited by Smittro; 10-16-2010 at 10:08 AM.

Black
    1997 Camaro z28 Bad Kitty

This is my white 95 camaro 3.4l for daily driving .... I used only the orginal parts from GM, from the chevy impala ..... my engine produces 220 hp and 240 ft lb .... ... Not bad for a little v6, right? but anyway, nothing is better than the v8.....

Last edited by DannyK; 10-16-2010 at 08:26 AM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DannyK View Post
    This is my white 95 camaro 3.4l for daily driving .... I used only the orginal parts from GM, from the chevy impala ..... my engine produces 220 hp and 240 ft lb .... ... Not bad for a little v6, right? but anyway, nothing is better than the v8.....

Click for full size
    Nice !!! 660!! Do i see a hybrid there?.. Could have done a 3.4/3500 hybrid and been even better.. Many folks have done your swap on other w-bodies too.. The cross ref in parts for the 660 is pretty good with the exception of ONE lone member.....
    The "nothing is better than a v8" thing is more a matter of perspective..
    Last edited by Smittro; 10-16-2010 at 10:31 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Imho, v6 is'nt for everyone.. The old get a v8 horse has long since died and been beat to dust.. Personally I don't build mine to impress others.. Only me..

There's no "easy" in the term, "horse power" reguardless or number of cylinders.. Some of us v6 guys put just as much time, sweat, and blood into our machines too.. For me again, it's a fun hobby that I know is'nt going to be cheap.. "Cheap and HP" don't run the same race, again reguardless of cylinder number.. But I digress,, I'm like a v8 guy when it comes to 4 cyl engines.. Hatem! But I respect the guy whom actually knows how to build one strong too.. He likes what he likes, I likes wut I likes, you...........well ya know.
    Last edited by Smittro; 10-16-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Black
    1997 Camaro z28 Bad Kitty

It's hard not to agree ........... I wanted to use the 3.4 l DOHC but a lot of treatment and complications ... I do not know if someone did it before, so I left this idea.....but DOHC it would be nice, I think..........Now i think of about the turbo, my Polish head is working hard...............

silver
    2002 ws6

v6 engines typically have two less cylinders than a v8

White
    2008 Hummer H3

It's hard not to agree ........... I wanted to use the 3.4 l DOHC but a lot of treatment and complications ... I do not know if someone did it before, so I left this idea.....but DOHC it would be nice, I think..........Now i think of about the turbo, my Polish head is working hard...............
    The trouble with an LQ1 in a RWD is the starter.. Mounts totally different and on the wrong side.. However I have heard of people trying to machine brackets.. However I have yet to see an LQ1 in a finished RWD vehicle.. LQ1 was a side sitter from day one whether fore or aft.. However the thought of an LQ1 or 3.6 has crossed my mind.. I've also been toying with the hybrid 3.4/3500 idea.. Then there's also the original plan for a blower.. This is the last season for the 01 to see the streets tho.. The next time it hits the road it will be a totally different muscle machine..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

A single turbo LQ1 in a fiero ferrari rebody...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsaPtDyFud8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Thread Information