Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

yup looks identical to that its a good lookin car but WAY overpriced for what you get at least i think

midnight blue
    2001 trans am ws6

like i stated earlier the best i have seen one run was like 13.2. i have seen ls1 cars with less than $500 in mods run faster than that, and for a third of the price. nice looking cars but for sure not worth the money

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

There is one that come to our dealer all the time sounds and looks very nice. Its a burgundy color. I always thought by the way he revs it that it would smoke my car but i guess from the comments above there not all that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by nvmybird View Post
    like i stated earlier the best i have seen one run was like 13.2. i have seen ls1 cars with less than $500 in mods run faster than that, and for a third of the price. nice looking cars but for sure not worth the money
    ok.. they are a 12 second car

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

does a white guy kinda wigga looking? i think i may know this carXD leaving work one day (marc heitz chevy) i got onto 35 north and hammered it in my car..long merg lane cant help it. and i flew past him saw the car and slowed down to get even with the mustang..he kept looking forward and never looked over

midnight blue
    2001 trans am ws6

i have yet to see one at my local track break into the tweleves... not saying they shouldnt be a tweleve second car just saying i have yet to see it happen before my own eyes thats all. 427 ponys should be a 12 sec ride no matter what its in lol

Black
    1999 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    Good kill op! i raced a roushe stage 2 and i looked it up and supposedly its supercharged makin 427hp. i had 2 people with me and he had no one, from 55-135 i had about 2.5 cars on him. I figured he would have killed me. All i had at the time was slp lid, smooth air bellow and thats it. Good kill again

The ROUSH Stage 2 is just suspension mods and appearance package, no supercharger. It has the stock GT engine, running 315HP.

The 427R is rated at 435HP, they average 380-390rwhp on just about every dyno out there. Some pulley and tune mods and the majority are running around 420-440 rwhp. Because its not a forged motor, most don't want to push much more then that.
    The car is definately a mid to low 12 second car, although most average drivers are running low 13's with them which in my opinion is due to hitting the rev limiter and/or messing up on launch. Its a tricky set up that takes a lot of practice to make a good run consistently. There are a few guys who have broken into the 11's on the 420rwhp modded versions, but they are few and far between besides the fact that the car is designed to be run on a road course and not drag strip.

To the OP, on a dig I think you will beat the car, but they wind up and make a strong comeback once hitting 60mph. At the end of the 1/4, its a drivers race which makes spending around $50k on the car versus our $33k (when new) LS1 based vehicles look idiotic at best, until you look at the suspension upgrades. Put both cars on a road course and the 427R will have you for lunch and dessert after kicking back for a smoke waiting for you to finish the lap. They pull over 1G lateral acceleration which is very comparable to the Z06 when you get into tracking these cars.

From a roll either he didn't down shift far enough, or he hit the rev limiter shifting from 3rd into 4th. He should have pulled you if you are stock.

I owned a ROUSH Stage 3 which is basically the same car with only paint and shock setting variances, as well as my 99 WS6 so comparing both cars is easier having had both raedily available to drive back to back. I also had the 2006 Z06 so to say the ROUSH tracked comparably is also based on personal experience at both Barber Motorsports track in Alabama and Road Atlanta.

Sorry for the long rant, but since I own many different brands of performance vehicles, I had to explain that each car is made for a reason and when you want to compare apples to oranges, its never going to make sense.
    1999 WS6 - Black - 414rwhp 401rwtq w/o NOS
    632rwhp 577rwtq with HSW 250shot NOS

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    The ROUSH Stage 2 is just suspension mods and appearance package, no supercharger. It has the stock GT engine, running 315HP.

The 427R is rated at 435HP, they average 380-390rwhp on just about every dyno out there. Some pulley and tune mods and the majority are running around 420-440 rwhp. Because its not a forged motor, most don't want to push much more then that.
    The car is definately a mid to low 12 second car, although most average drivers are running low 13's with them which in my opinion is due to hitting the rev limiter and/or messing up on launch. Its a tricky set up that takes a lot of practice to make a good run consistently. There are a few guys who have broken into the 11's on the 420rwhp modded versions, but they are few and far between besides the fact that the car is designed to be run on a road course and not drag strip.

To the OP, on a dig I think you will beat the car, but they wind up and make a strong comeback once hitting 60mph. At the end of the 1/4, its a drivers race which makes spending around $50k on the car versus our $33k (when new) LS1 based vehicles look idiotic at best, until you look at the suspension upgrades. Put both cars on a road course and the 427R will have you for lunch and dessert after kicking back for a smoke waiting for you to finish the lap. They pull over 1G lateral acceleration which is very comparable to the Z06 when you get into tracking these cars.

From a roll either he didn't down shift far enough, or he hit the rev limiter shifting from 3rd into 4th. He should have pulled you if you are stock.

I owned a ROUSH Stage 3 which is basically the same car with only paint and shock setting variances, as well as my 99 WS6 so comparing both cars is easier having had both raedily available to drive back to back. I also had the 2006 Z06 so to say the ROUSH tracked comparably is also based on personal experience at both Barber Motorsports track in Alabama and Road Atlanta.

Sorry for the long rant, but since I own many different brands of performance vehicles, I had to explain that each car is made for a reason and when you want to compare apples to oranges, its never going to make sense.
    I approve this post! :P

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    does a white guy kinda wigga looking? i think i may know this carXD leaving work one day (marc heitz chevy) i got onto 35 north and hammered it in my car..long merg lane cant help it. and i flew past him saw the car and slowed down to get even with the mustang..he kept looking forward and never looked over
    Yeah thats him he had a girl with him so thats probably why he was feling a little more froggy

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

i see what your sayin thou but idk young kid driving a car thats way out of his price range (probably daddys car). So wether it was his lack of driving skills or what i was still suprised that my car did so well

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Sorry didn't state correctly, it clearly said 427 on side but one of the friends that was with me said that he saw stage2 when we were coming up on him. That was the last time i was behind him so i didn't see what he was talking about lol.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Sorry again for the ignorance, it looked like the black one a few posts up, except dark blue and no stripes, besides the stripe that comes down and across door underneath 427

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    Yeah thats him he had a girl with him so thats probably why he was feling a little more froggy
    what a tool lol. i have seen him a few times. mostly when im just driving another vehicle. its best to lay the smack down on mustang when there is a women with them!

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

lol i like your quote lol omg holy shit fffaaassttt made me giggle.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

what a tool lol. i have seen him a few times. mostly when im just driving another vehicle. its best to lay the smack down on mustang when there is a women with them!
    definately you gotta love when the girl has the look on her face like wtf why am i not with him in his car

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Most women I have met could care less about who wins.
    They are with who they think has more money.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

depends on the girl i mean im not rich by any means but my girl loves to ride in a fast car and is the one that always provoking me to race another nice car

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Most women I have met could care less about who wins.
    They are with who they think has more money.

agreed......

perfect example..years back i stomped a mach 1 and the girl my friend liked that we brought saw the race and he said "well what do ya think of your mustang now huh?" she said "its still better because its a mustang" after i got back from whippin him i found out what she said....we left her there shortly after that too find a new ride home.
    Last edited by TmaxicanA; 09-13-2010 at 04:03 PM.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

agreed......

perfect example..years back i stomped a mach 1 and the girl my friend liked that we brought saw the race and he said "well what do ya think of your mustang now huh?" she said "its still better because its a mustang" after i got back from whippin him i found out what she said....we left her there shortly after that too find a new ride home.
    damn thats defiantly fucked up but oh well i would do it

Thread Information