Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Coydawg6 View Post
    Damn... i had to look it up! Mad Max.. i knew that haha i just havent seen it in years( even though it did come out 12 years before i was born haha)
    Where abouts in Indiana? I'm from LA, California myself but my ex wife's dad lived in Greencastle (she was from Ohio but we went to Greencastle every year) and I also knew a chick that used to live in Columbus (Home of Tony Stewart)...

Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

New Castle, Indiana.. little town in the middle of no where

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

So one night all the local street racers (this was back in 96 in montgomery,al so there wasn't a whole lot of us)were hanging out at our race spot which was a warehouse complex that had a 2 lane one way road,perfect for street racing as there was no oncoming traffic,well a guy in a 5.0 mustang gt vert and a guy in a 79 camaro decide to make a run,we all go to the edge of the road to watch(the finish line was the entrance to the warehouse parking lot where we were)they line up and we see another set of headlights behind them as they take off,they both notice the lights and let off almost immediately,of course it was a city cop and the red n blue lights come on and he follows the pair into the parking lot where the rest of us are standing.I'm like oh sh't,the cop jumps out of the car and says "what the hell was that" and then the cop realizes he knows the guy that was driving the mustang and they talk for a few minutes,I guess they were friends from school or something because the cop turned off his lights and told us to go race out at arrowhead(4 lane road just out of town) and he left.pretty cool cop,but the mustang guy was about as lucky as you could get!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Last edited by 02transamce; 08-28-2010 at 08:06 PM.

Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    I also knew a chick that used to live in Columbus (Home of Tony Stewart)...

He was from Rushville which is like a half hour away from me

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Coydawg6 View Post
    He was from Rushville which is like a half hour away from me
    He calls both Columbus and Rushville home.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Pewter
    2001 GrandPrix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    We had alot of organized street racing many years ago that pretty much went without a hickup for 10-15 years, that is until one night.

We had this sweet spot on route 134 North that was just off St. Rt. 32 between Mt. Orab and Seaman. We'd go out nearly every Saturday night about 11pm after traffic died, usually 15 or 20 cars at a time. Your typical straight flat country road surrounded by corn fields. There was a farmer that let us all park on his lawn, He loved to watch from his front porch. We only had to worry about deer jumping out in the road,,,until this night

I was lucky this night, I drove my little daily driver Monza out there with a little 406/4-speed combo. It was my beater, but it ran like stink
    I had this funny feeling that night, and thought I should bring a car that I didn't care to get impounded, don't ask me my, just that sixth sense talking to me.

Anyway, we all met up in a little town called Sardinia, and then drive North on 134. I guess 15-20 cars meeting at the local grocery store looked a little suspicious on this night Because we got the attention of a local Sardinia cop.
    We picked this spot about 5 miles north on 134 because it crosses over the Brown County line into Highland County and puts us in the far South West corner of Highland about 40 miles away from the nearest town in Highland.
    This would prove to be a life saver in a few minutes.

Anyway, racing got under way. We always had several fast 10 or 11 second cars and then your usual mix of slower stuff. Several runs had went down already. I had just raced another car and got back and parked when that Sardinia cop showed up. We were all parked and chatting at the time so he never actually witnessed anything.
    He did say however, that he could actually hear some of the cars from Sardinia (over 5 miles away) and he just followed all the noise until he found us He said he had grown suspicious of all of the cars in the parking lot earlier that night. He started walking around all the cars with a flash light looking at everything. He came up on my car,,,saw the tire smoke that was still drifting out of the rust holes in the quarter panels from a race that happened not 3 minutes before he pulled in and he looked at all of us and said "Who's car is this???" (very sarcastically) I said that's my car. (honest, true story). I wasn't sure if he was referring to the condition of my heap among a bunch of nicer cars or the fact that the smell of burnt rubber and smoke were still drifting out of the quarters But it was all the other guys could do to keep from busting out laughing. I figured I was had at this point. Good thing I drove the beater eh??
    He asked me what I had been doing, I told him I had just pulled in to meet the guys. I had hoped he didn't remember seeing my car at the grocery store.
    Since he was not only out of his town, he was in a completely different county, he had no jurisdiction. So he just told us all to sit tight, and make sure we get our stories straight while he called for the local sherriff. At this point I thought we were sunk, jail time, bail money etc....
    The closest town in Highland county was Hillsboro, a good 40 miles. Remember we picked this spot for a reason and it turned out to be a good idea. He made several calls for what seemed like an eternity, and even tried the State Trooper office in Hillsboro. Everyone was too busy and/or didn't want to make the drive all the way down there
    He simply said "boys you all should go out and buy lottery tickets because this is your lucky day, the Sherriff and State boys are too busy to come down here so I'm going to have to let you all go"

I couldn't wait to get the hell outta there We all went back to a friends house in Sardinia and talked about the whole ordeal for hours.

I have more stories, other more daring organized street racing spots, but I'll wait till others chime in.
    LOL another Adams/Brown county guy here. Used to race on 770 just outside of Seaman. Ran from the Seaman cheif of police and had another cop cover for me. Also drag raced a friends dad in his cruiser.

Some surprisingly nice areas to race out there.

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Them days are over! Thank you,fast and furious movies.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Last edited by 02transamce; 08-29-2010 at 06:26 PM.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Like I tell all ricers, "Don't be furious that you're not fast"....

Mind you there is a difference between "tuner" and "ricer" imports...

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Lol,I call 'em "The slow and the curious"
    Posted via Mobile Device

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

my favorite one was..our race spots (the north side of OKC)

we all hung out in a parking lot that had a good view of a two lane road about a mile long(reno) from stop light too stop light. cops are usually pretty cool about the street racing thing as long as no one is being totally stupid.
    but the cop that would always but the fun was awesome, whenever he whipped in the parking lot he would get on his speaker and shout out " you know the drill boys, last one out gets the ticket" ...so many people burning rubber to get the flock outta there.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

next favorite, i was hanging out in a walgreens parking lot (i went in bought 30$ worth of snacks and drinks...hardly loitering.
    there was a few of us watching the idiots race from stop light too ...well 20 feet from the stop light before hitting hazards. but after a few minutes had gone by, 5 cop cars came rushing in blocked all of us..2 were blocking my car in and the officer shoutted with his hand on his gun GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLES AND LEAVE THE KEY IN THE IGNITION. they were accusing us of shooting BB's at pasing cars. after a few minutes of us being truly dumbfounded another officer came rushing in clearing our name. hour later a buddy of mine in his 99 TA(with his 2 kids in the back i might add) found me and showed me that his car had been hit by a BB on the B-pillar...about an inch or so from his head and the back seat...scary though when i had cops sitting behind my car when i had too start it up

Reminds me of my fathers incident. His everyday driver was a 57 chevy convertable. This was about 1962-63. It was black with a white top. Even then a 57 vert wasn't all that common. We were out running errands when all of the sudden a half dozen cop cars surrounded us at the intersection, guns drawn yelling get out of the car with your hands up!!! They put all of us in a cop car and booked us, and impounded the car.

They proceed to tear the car apart, pulling out the seats, pulling up the carpet. Everything in the trunk was tossed on the ground. This went on for about 4 hours.

They said the car matched the description of a bank robbery suspect. Of course they found nothing, appologized for the inconvenience. But they half ass put the car back together, man was my father pissed.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

That is such bs how cops can get away with stuff like that and not have too pay for the damages.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    That is such bs how cops can get away with stuff like that and not have too pay for the damages.
    It would be a lawsuit nowadays.

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Scumbag laywers would be all over that!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Ya it was a different time then. Not street racing related but a cop bust none the less.

black
    02 Z28 and 00 SS

one night going home from work me and my buddy was going to go pick my camaro up from the paint shop.. well i was in my prostreet s10 355 high compression with a few odds and ends buddy was in a 67 mustang--yea this was a race waiting to happen for a long time-- it was 1130 at night we had 2 roads we could take to get to the paint shop--1 a windy road(boring) 2 interstate--yea was a good idea at the time well we get on the on ramp as soon as it straigtens out we hit it --and the nice trooper decided to join us--we get pulled we still think we woke him up to this day--anyway after an hour of asschewing we both end up with a nice driving reward of 106 in a 60 only later to find out he clocked us at 142-yea we were proud of that- so a ticket and one year no license we still got to drive home that night and we still laugh about it to this day happened 3 years ago!

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

My two;

My first one I was in college in Jackson, TN (about 96ish)in my 69 Nova with a 350, 10.5 CR flat tops, comp 268 HE cam, edl torquer intake and edl 650 carb everything else including the peg legger was stock. Leaving campus I saw a white fox body 5.0 and green Z28 (LT1 style) whipping around the parking lot in front of me. Both with smoked windows chrome rims and nice exhaust. I remember thinking cool a two-fer, so I whip out quickly in front of both of them. Both pull behind me.

Through the next few stop lights I leave hard hoping they catch the hint headed towards the highway. Both kept on my bumper. When I get to the crossroad to get on the 45 bypass the stang (which is right behind me) pops blue lights in the dash. Shit. Turns out they were the Jackson Drug task force (both of them), pulled me out, searched the vehicle, took a polaroid of me and my passenger, asked about drugs etc. and then left. No ticket, no jail.

Second and last one.

Leaving from work one day (in Memphis) about 10:30 ish, in my 00 Z28. K&N drop in, SLP lid, all free mods, no muffler (friends welder broke before I could weld the flowcrapper on). I pull in to a gas station on the corner of Germantown pkway and Stage road. Grab cigs n drink and exit. While getting into the car I see a white C5, with chrome Z06 wheels, (noticed it didn't have any other Z06 scoops etc so dismissed it as a Z06) pull in. I thought to myself let's play and threw a rev. He answered with a rev of its own. So I pull around behind the store to exit on germantown pkway headed North. The vette follows.

I pull out and wait for him to pull up and we both nailed it from about a 10 mph roll. By the time we hit 80 I was about a car ahead and we both shut down. Then he pulls past me and nails it again. I follow suit but he got the jump on me so I shut down about 70ish. After that I'm like fuck it I got you and was going to turn around back towards hwy64 and I see him do the same. This time we line up from a crawl and hit it again. I get ahead of him and start pulling away manually shifting my car this time. Looking at the rear view I forget about shifting, hit the limiter, then shifted and looked again. His lights are still in my side mirror. Hear the motor closing the limit and go to shift into thrid and held it for a few more seconds before I realize, wait a second, I shift into 3rd at a tad over 100 (auto with 2.73's) so I realized I was doing well over 100 in a 45 in Germantown! Shit. I let off, the vette pulls by, and instinctively I look in the rear view for lights. There was one set. Thinking oh shit I see blue lights on it turn on. Fark. 10:30 at night (during the week), no traffic anywhere and 50 miles from the house I pulled over and waited, liscense out scared to death.

The deputy (shelby county) walks up shines the light in the car on my work bag, then she asks, "Where do you work?", I tell her then she says, "What the hell are you doing street racing!!"
    "Stupid ma'am just stupid", scared to death at this point,
    She proceeds to chew me a new one etc then tells me "If I see you even crossing wrong I'm going to do" yada yada yada and she let me go. I went 45 mph the whole way home that night.
    Last edited by slims00ls1z28; 09-08-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

How i crashed my third gen.

Pretty stupid but im over it.... so basically i was leaving a diner one night late with a few friends and my friends BF says:

friends BF: i can take you dude i got a V8 (btw he had a grand marquie lol)
    Me: yeah what a joke

but when we got out on the open road he tried to punch it on me so i punched it back and we both flew by a cop that was on the side of the road

i shit a brick and while looking thru my side mirror to see if he pulled out to chase us i went thru a red light and ... yeah lol

luckily nobody was hurt too bad =/ i felt like a jerk (because i was one) and yeah i think the cop i saw had no body in the car cause he never came out... but yeah you live and you learn.. luckily i didnt killy anyone... young and dumb.. still young... just a little less dumb

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    I went 45 mph the whole way home that night.
    I bet you went 45 for a month. Jesus.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information