white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

me vs 150 hp bike

ok, i just have to let you all know i got my ass handed to me recently.The main road going out of my neighborhood is three lanes wide at the light, and then merges to two right away. Speed limit is 50. when there's little traffic around I like to wait until a car is in the far lane, and kick it when they cross lines on the far side of the intersection and try to not let them pull on me. I've gotten pretty good at it, and gotten a lot of looks when I stay with them. Remember that there is always an empty lane between us.
    So I do it to this guy on a stretched out chrome harley looking thing.I kick it same as always, and pull it on this bike. And when I look over, he's shaking his head. So I put it in second and kicked it again. He tried to keep up. I pulled a couple of cars on him. Then with traffic coming up, I slowed down, and let him pass. As he passes me, I see very clearly him hold his hand behind his back, and flip me off. Now, im not scared of a fight, so it didn't piss me off. I just thought really?
    I switched lanes again, and at the second light down, I ended up stopping on red/yellow right next to him. He shuts his bike off, points at my car, and says "Those are fast, but it won't keep up with me." He says" This aint your average Harley. It's got 150 horse." "It'll embarrass you. " I said 150 horse? I didn't believe it. That's what a R1 puts out, and this was definetely not an R1. It was some kind of a yamaha, harley thing, all chrome and black.
    I told him, you are just gonna have to embarrass me when this light turns green, then. He says "I have to ease into it, or ill snap the belt." Now, this is the biggest intersection for about 8 miles. There are about a hundred people waiting at this light. It's idk 120' from side to side. I checked the mirrors, and all direction, no cops. Light turns green, and i got 3k waiting. I dump the clutch and spun all the way across the intersection, slapped it into second, and then looked up. He was almost 200' in front of me.
    I flipped to the driver's side mirror, and the traffic that was parked at the light behind us was just starting to move, and the cars that were right behind us hadn't crossed the line yet. We prob covered 350' in that time. Well, I did. He covered shit i don't know, 500-600' in that time. I'm sure there was about 3 seconds of the cars behind us shitting themselves when we both went WOT of the line. I know that the loudmouth i got is louder than a cat getting raped.
    So, there is a second chapter to this story. I am driving along in my WS6 about a week later. Just down the road a few miles. I pull out of my last errand, and ended up behind like three cars, and next to two school buses. The guy behind me is driving a white suv. And he is RIGHT on my ass waiting for the green. I thought, ok, I dont have to have him on my ass the whole time. I got a WS6, right? Itll go sideways at 50. So, light turns green, and the cars and buses take off. I wait like three seconds. Then I feather first, slap second, flip a lane in front of the buses, pass all the cars, and flip back in front of them, then slow down to a normal speed for me. The whole time, this SUV is struggling to keep up with me. He finally pulls up to me, and then paces me for almost a half mile. I'm thinking that HE thinks I was racing him, or showing off, or whatever. Screw him. I dont even look over the whole time. We stop side by side at the next light, and he honks at me. I slide the window down, duck and look over, and he goes, "Hey isnt that the car I smoked on my bike?" It was the SAME guy. I just hung my head, and gave him the Alaskan good luck sign. I meekly followed his SUV at a discrete distance until he turned off my road.
    Last edited by az gt eater; 04-17-2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: smilie riot

Yeah, a true 150hp sportbike would have annihilated you. That guy was a douche.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

150 hp or not sounds like you need some slicks. I got beat by a neon the other day wanna trade deaths? lol

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    150 hp or not sounds like you need some slicks. I got beat by a neon the other day wanna trade deaths? lol
    I saw that story,I'll stick with mine..Takes good guys to admit defeat, ehh?
    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Try roasting your crow. It'll be easier to get down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I like grilling mine with a nice brown sugar based rub

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    I saw that story,I'll stick with mine..Takes good guys to admit defeat, ehh?
    Well I am good at it meaning it happens a lot
    But yah

1999 WS6(sold) 2003 Cobra

I just hung my head, and gave him the Alaskan good luck sign. I meekly followed his SUV at a discrete distance until he turned off my road.
    Alaskan good luck sign?

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

red
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am

I own both, a T/A with stall gears exhaust ms3 cam and much more and i also own two Harleys and am an avid biker, i guess i just love anything loud fast and american made but anyways, if he just had lets say 100rwhp he would more than likely walk off from you, not that our cars aren't impressively fast and Harleys are no crotch rockets, its just the whole power to wieght ratio now on top end you would blow the doors of a Harley but down low with a decent top end rebuild they have tremendous torque

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    That guy was a douche.
    How so?

If you spanked a ricer that was talking smack, then you saw him acting all tough on the street a week later, you wouldn't put him in his place again?

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

No, that guy WAS a douche. If you were racing a mustang, would you flip the guy off BEFORE you even raced? I doubt it.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

No, that guy WAS a douche. If you were racing a mustang, would you flip the guy off BEFORE you even raced? I doubt it.
    To get him to race...yes

Thread Information