Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    just dropped close to 3000 on my suspension

now i only need to drop another 2k on my trans, and 3-4k on my rear end and i will be ready for my h/c sway
    Yes but its not like the termis rear end/tranny are built to handle 800hp either. The suspension could use an upgrade aswell. The engine is the termis claim to fame. Great flowing heads and forged internals from the factory, not the best forged internals but still capable of handling some power. To be honest the guys i see going for big power with turbo swaps with a termi 4.6 also swap out the bottom end. But it can def handle 600-800hp in stock form.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

dennis ss
    ""I agree. I took one out for a day and brought it back because it felt very awkward to drive that car. It was fast but i need a little more than just speed. A little boost on an LS1 and problem solved. lol "

Thats true LS1's with some boost are nasty. Im gonna go the cheap route and put on nitrous since i got the tune, plugs and used it on my last camaro. I think with a 150 wet shot you can take out most termi's but the ones with ported blowers or swapped blowers that will be a different story but im ok with that. Termi's are great cars and ive seen some fixed up that just look bad ass, in the end i love my camaro and this being my 5th camaro the only thing that i will upgrade to is a Z06.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 06-15-2010 at 11:08 AM.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

just dropped close to 3000 on my suspension

now i only need to drop another 2k on my trans, and 3-4k on my rear end and i will be ready for my h/c sway
    This stuff adds up quick doesn't it??

So what kind of numbers would a full bolt on supercharged ls1 see? Running the same boost as a stockish svt?

I've seen them with a procharger bolted on, and not much else other than maybe exhaust,,,,and they get pretty close to 450 rwhp.
    But the boost level is mild due to the cast internals. Even that is walking a fine line. It's not really that close to what a terminator can make even on it's stock blower when they are modded.

To really reach those levels, the LS has to be torn down and forged internals used, so the bost levels can be raised for some real power without fear of a melt down.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I've seen them with a procharger bolted on, and not much else other than maybe exhaust,,,,and they get pretty close to 450 rwhp.
    But the boost level is mild due to the cast internals. Even that is walking a fine line. It's not really that close to what a terminator can make even on it's stock blower when they are modded.

To really reach those levels, the LS has to be torn down and forged internals used, so the bost levels can be raised for some real power without fear of a melt down.
    8lbs you can hit 500whp, which is a little more than a bolt on cobra and about the same as a bolt on cobra with a ported stock s/c. But to go beyond 480-500whp a ls1 needs to be torn down and internals swapped. The cobra engine can make 800whp somewhat reliably without needing internal work.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yes but its not like the termis rear end/tranny are built to handle 800hp either. The suspension could use an upgrade aswell. The engine is the termis claim to fame. Great flowing heads and forged internals from the factory, not the best forged internals but still capable of handling some power. To be honest the guys i see going for big power with turbo swaps with a termi 4.6 also swap out the bottom end. But it can def handle 600-800hp in stock form.
    oh i know ..i was just talking about how expensive modding cars are ....the adage .."gotta pay to play" ......just trying to get the G/F to understand that so spending close to 10k for a ls3 427 swap doesnt sound so crazy

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

just for reference i have seen an ls1 on 10lbs here make 510rwhp

termi's with pulley swap exhaust and tune make about 450rwhp

and i have seen 1000rwhp termi's on stock internals(who knows how long though)

but as stated they are definitely not built to handle that,my brother broke his rear end housing on stock power as well as broke 2 half shafts with 450rwhp

a 100 shot on my stock ls1 would eat his ass everytime though

my current racing setup would leave his ass in the dust easy

there is a guy here that runs 25 lbs of boost and a 100shot on his termi
    my 13 lbs. of boost on my 370 still beats him down the track

But to go beyond 480-500whp a ls1 needs to be torn down and internals swapped. The cobra engine can make 800whp somewhat reliably without needing internal work.

And that was my whole point.

8lbs you can hit 500whp, which is a little more than a bolt on cobra and about the same as a bolt on cobra with a ported stock s/c. .
    Never saw 500 rwhp on the dyno we used, not on a stock LS1 with a procharger that is.....but so many things could be changed, and some dyno's are pretty happy too.
    Some people like to push the envelope as well on a stock cast motor, sure you could make more power, but how long will it be reliable. I doubt it will last as long as a termi at the same power levels.

Cobra, Z28, GN, F250

I didn't read the whole thing....but I wanted to point this out.

I keep seeing the "cam" in a Cobra referred to in a singular term. A 4.6 4V has four cams, not one. Another LARGE reason you do not see cammed 4V's is the sheer cost. They are NOT cheap. You're going to get better gains out of a Whipple than cams.....and all in (net), the cost isn't much different.

-Will

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    just for reference i have seen an ls1 on 10lbs here make 510rwhp

termi's with pulley swap exhaust and tune make about 450rwhp

and i have seen 1000rwhp termi's on stock internals(who knows how long though)

but as stated they are definitely not built to handle that,my brother broke his rear end housing on stock power as well as broke 2 half shafts with 450rwhp

a 100 shot on my stock ls1 would eat his ass everytime though

my current racing setup would leave his ass in the dust easy

there is a guy here that runs 25 lbs of boost and a 100shot on his termi
    my 13 lbs. of boost on my 370 still beats him down the track
    that is a bad ass camaro you have there.

DSG
    03 DSG Cobra

My Cobra just laid down 800+ rwhp although it feels like a f'ing dyno queen some days. It's a pain to get my car to hook, dig racing is a joke unless I'm on some slicks (I blow dr's off the rims) and even at a 40+ pull traction is an issue. All of that being said, I love that car. My bottom end has been built (stroker) and I have some valve work done, and a set of Crower blower cams of course a twin screw blower (2.8h Kenne Bell) After it was all done I am only into the car about 17k in mods.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 03ZYSnake View Post
    My Cobra just laid down 800+ rwhp although it feels like a f'ing dyno queen some days. It's a pain to get my car to hook, dig racing is a joke unless I'm on some slicks (I blow dr's off the rims) and even at a 40+ pull traction is an issue. All of that being said, I love that car. My bottom end has been built (stroker) and I have some valve work done, and a set of Crower blower cams of course a twin screw blower (2.8h Kenne Bell) After it was all done I am only into the car about 17k in mods.
    only 17k huh? your mods cost more than a low miles ws6 lol...

It amazes me how well those cobras have held their value over the years. One with around 20-30K cost around 26000 around here.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    It amazes me how well those cobras have held their value over the years. One with around 20-30K cost around 26000 around here.
    similar to the supras ...they are both hot items in the car world.

similar to the supras ...they are both hot items in the car world.
    Kinda of curious what I could get for my stockish 98 ws6 with 25,000 miles on it if i found the right buyer. Not that id sell tho.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    Kinda of curious what I could get for my stockish 98 ws6 with 25,000 miles on it if i found the right buyer. Not that id sell tho.
    if she isnt 100% stock you wont get much..with the right buyer i would think 14-18k ..car collectors will snatch up formula ws6s , firehawks, 02 LEs, the t/a CEs, and the 99 anniversary ones .. with the 98 and the 02 WS6s un molested coming in somewhere there

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    that is a bad ass camaro you have there.
    grassy ass sir!

anything can be bad ass though with the kind of money it takes to do that

but i like doing it in my full weight plus some street car with a/c and stereo

if i had my setup in a 3000lb or less car it would probably run 8's pretty easy

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    grassy ass sir!

anything can be bad ass though with the kind of money it takes to do that

but i like doing it in my full weight plus some street car with a/c and stereo

if i had my setup in a 3000lb or less car it would probably run 8's pretty easy
    So you think shaving 700ish lbs off your car would take it from 10.6 to 8s? If so your crazy. You do have a badass car BTW

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information