Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Black
    F250

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    That's alot of stuff to only be breaking into the low 13's.. I have a buddy running a Dura max all stock except for stacks and an excellent tune running in the high 12's.. Putting down around 1000ft lbs..
    Stock tranny? Those allisons get pissed off QUICK when with even just a tune

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by RedSmokey View Post
    Stock tranny? Those allisons get pissed off QUICK when with even just a tune
    so far lol.. Our other buddy say's he can't believe he's still running a stock tranny.. Especially when he has the same truck and toasted his..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Black
    F250

so far lol.. Our other buddy say's he can't believe he's still running a stock tranny.. Especially when he has the same truck and toasted his..
    Because thats the norm, those things dont usually last for shit once you put a tune in them. But duramax's can put out some pretty good power with just a tune. I just hate the fact they are IFS

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RedSmokey View Post
    Because thats the norm, those things dont usually last for shit once you put a tune in them. But duramax's can put out some pretty good power with just a tune. I just hate the fact they are IFS
    Honestly I know about nothing in the way of diesels.. I have no idea what IFS is. But I can tell you that effer is fast! I sat in the back once and smashed the shit out of my head when he launched from a dig..
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-06-2010 at 06:10 PM. Reason: corrections

silver
    2002 ws6

Honestly I know about nothing in the way of diesels.. I have no idea what IFS is. But I can tell that effer is fast! I sat in the back once and smashed the shit out of my head when he launched from a dig..
    independent front suspension--- it's a weak link when building a big 'wheeler

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Honestly I know about nothing in the way of diesels.. I have no idea what IFS is. But I can tell you that effer is fast! I sat in the back once and smashed the shit out of my head when he launched from a dig..
    It's an awesome feeling isn't it
    Our LMM duramax pulls like a mother down low from 0-60, it's past 60 that they start to die out

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    It's an awesome feeling isn't it
    Our LMM duramax pulls like a mother down low from 0-60, it's past 60 that they start to die out
    It honestly felt like the truck was gonna leave without me..lol

Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

so could a 9000 lb truck actually take me? if I get beat i might just sell the z. i mean whats the piont of having a sports car when some farmer boy in his tricked out mud slinging horse hauler can beat me in a 0-80!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by camaroluvr447 View Post
    so could a 9000 lb truck actually take me? if I get beat i might just sell the z. i mean whats the piont of having a sports car when some farmer boy in his tricked out mud slinging horse hauler can beat me in a 0-80!
    realistically I wouldn't worry about it too much...probably have nothing to worry about but diesels make some serious torque. My d-max impressed the hell out of me just bone stock. It gets that big heavy truck up and moving in a hurry. I want it to be dependable or I'd throw a few dollars at it and see what it'd really do. Modded they'll surprise a lot of people.

Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    realistically I wouldn't worry about it too much...probably have nothing to worry about but diesels make some serious torque. My d-max impressed the hell out of me just bone stock. It gets that big heavy truck up and moving in a hurry. I want it to be dependable or I'd throw a few dollars at it and see what it'd really do. Modded they'll surprise a lot of people.

i dont want to be suprised. if i got beat by a turbo civic i could accept that. not some huge ass truck.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

i dont want to be suprised. if i got beat by a turbo civic i could accept that. not some huge ass truck.
    you'd rather lose to something making a couple hundred HP vs something making 400-500 and 1000 ft/lb of torque?? Why do you think that "huge ass truck" moves along so well? Makes more than twice the torque your car does.

I'm rooting for the truck now.

Black
    F250

If its a 6.0 with just a tuner you can win (if you can drive). If they have nitrous you can still win, but you will definitly have to know how to drive your car. If your not at the track try and go from a roll, because with 4x4 he will rock you off the line even worse on the street. And to your comments in bold... Did you ever think thats why some of em mod their trucks? Just to wipe the smirk off that city boy's face when he thinks he's about to beat some hillbilly in his truck and gets smoked, litterally and figuratively.

Completely agree, except for the part of a few dollars lol. Damn diesels are crazy expensive to mod. Just look at injectors for our cars are around $300, for a diesel they are usually over $1000 plus cores.

you'd rather lose to something making a couple hundred HP vs something making 400-500 and 1000 ft/lb of torque?? Why do you think that "huge ass truck" moves along so well? Makes more than twice the torque your car does.

I'm rooting for the truck now.
    LOL

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

lol Except we are men and live in the city..

Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

lol Except we are men and live in the city..
    lol!
    u know what i mean!
    i would be dispointed though!

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

lol!
    u know what i mean!
    i would be dispointed though!
    HAha, yeah I was just foolin' round.. You will take the Ford.imho..

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

So when is this race going down?

Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    So when is this race going down?
    i go on vacation on the 10th and i get back on the 17th. so probably that weekend. lookin forward to it!

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

6.0L that is SCT custom tuned should be low 14's to high 13's... he better have head studs also for the 6.0L... but if not a custom SCT tunned well mid to high 14's... yes a boosted launch they can take off... but if you have DR's and can drive you can stay right there with them off the line.. and as for someone saying that 7.3L's are slow... well this is true... they are slow... but mind you that last time I knew the fastest Powerstroke is still a "slow" 7.3L..... and just a intake, exhuast, and tune will not get a 6.0L 500rwhp.... but if it was 500rwhp... that would be right around 1000rwtq....
    Last edited by najaf4life; 06-07-2010 at 02:41 PM.

Black
    F250

i go on vacation on the 10th and i get back on the 17th. so probably that weekend. lookin forward to it!
    Cant wait to see the video! good luck

Quote Originally Posted by najaf4life View Post
    6.0L that is SCT custom tuned should be low 14's to high 13's... he better have head studs also for the 6.0L... but if not a custom SCT tunned well mid to high 14's... yes a boosted launch they can take off... but if you have DR's and can drive you can stay right there with them off the line.. and as for someone saying that 7.3L's are slow... well this is true... they are slow... but mind you that last time I knew the fastest Powerstroke is still a "slow" 7.3L..... and just a intake, exhuast, and tune will not get a 6.0L 500rwhp.... but if it was 500rwhp... that would be right around 1000rwtq....
    Fastest powerstroke in a truck is a 6.4 and then two 6.0's and then a 7.3, but one of the 6.0's is in a ford ranger. Agree'd, without head studs, if that thing has a custom race tune on a SCT it is a time bomb for puking and lifting a head.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information