Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Doppleganger871 View Post
    That was a funny lookin' vette in that video.
    F-bods handle much better than people give them credit for. They are very competitive in autox and they do road race them-yes not nearly as good as a vette but let's not get into that.
    Do the srt-4's suffer from torque steer? I would like to know how you guys compensate for that when running the 1/4 etc.

Silver
    2005 Dodge SRT-4

Torque steer is minimal, only really noticeable when the pavement is really f'ed up. We have equal-length drive shafts, and a factory Quaife LSD. (well, 04/05's have the lsd)

You can feel it, but it's not a handful like the hondas and DSM's were. Just enough to make you pay attention.
    Just a Neon.

white
    2000 Neon

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    2002-2005 wrx was 2800-2900lbs.

I got 28mpg freeway with my 2000 T/A. I get 28mpg freeway with my AWD legacy that seats 4 and can go through 10+ inches of snow. I also put down 250whp through an automatic AWD drivetrain with 200 in mods, gutted dp/up and a tune. I paid for new gaskets, the tuning and a USB to ECU cable so i could data log. Ran a 13.6 with a automatic so no 5-6k rpms launch in a 3350lbs car. So i undestand exactly what a good dd/ sometimes track car is. But were talking performance potential of the cars and a 2.4 will never have the potential of a gm ls series engine.

Whats that last line im afraid to understand? You still answered none of my questions as to why you would one as a performance car. You want to get good mpgs and have 4 doors get a camry or cobalt or 30 other cars and get 35-43mpg. Anytime you built a turbo 4 and make 400-600whp that means adding a much bigger fuel system to support the new bigger air flow and your MPG argument goes out the window. I made 427whp with my T/A with head work, cam and supporting mods, spent less than 4k for the parts did the install myself, minus the head work and still got mid 20s mpg freeway.
    Turbo cars get excellent mpg OUT of boost. srt4 can get 30-35 mpg while still being built for 600hp. a h/c/i camaro will get horrible mpg either way. when you race, mpg isnt a huge issue but when you are just driving your car as transportation, who wants 13-15 mpg?

this thread started as a question as to who would win between the 2 mentioned cars. because you are AFRAID to admit that a "ricer" (no matter how fast) would beat one of your beloved ls1 cars, you change the subject and talk about realiability and many things you know nothing about.

Used "big turbo" kits for a neon range from 1k-4k. spend 1500 on a turbo, 500+/- on fuel and 500 on "supporting mods" and have your 400hp performance car which gets 35mpg (can be had for much less).

white
    2000 Neon

[QUOTE=Lunatikgixxer;2343292]throw a turbo in a v8 and ull never have to worry about the ricers beating u with boost.
    oh wait, whats this

all you established with that naive statement is that you searched youtube long enough to find a built trans am that outrun a built(?) supra. You can find equally as many videos of supras killing trans ams. your arguement is void.

white
    2000 Neon

cars are purpose built, camaros were never made for comfort nor gas mileage, they were meant to race. The beautiful thing (from an automotive engineer's standpoint) is that dodge was able to make a car that was good all around. If we all went to japan, we would be the ricers, does that mean we would be the slower ones because we are imports?

white
    2000 Neon

[QUOTE=Zinergy;2343228]2002-2005 wrx was 2800-2900lbs.

research. try 3200lbs.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

[quote=LS1rapist;2343406]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    2002-2005 wrx was 2800-2900lbs.

research. try 3200lbs.
    Thats how much the current ones weigh on a bigger chassis. The 06 and up moved to the midsize legacy chassis and the 07 or 08 and have a bigger engine and still only weigh 3200lbs, the 02-05 were on the smaller impreza chassis and weighed quite a bit less. Dodge did not build a good all around car. The made it light by skipping options such as power rear windows lol. The first day my frined picked me up in his car i had to laugh that it had power windows up front but manual in the back. The 2.4 liter is a decent engine and thats about all that car has to offer. Manual 2002 WRX weighed 2921lbs, still a little heavier than the srt4 but with a AWD system.

Please dont come on this website and try and tell us whats what, noone will take you seriously even more so when you have a 2000 neon listed as your car. I had fast cars, import and domestic i dont hate imports but i do hate uneducated kids who sign up on a ls1.com forum with the name ls1rapist. What does your car have? Do you know what it runs or are you just another ricer internet racer?
    Last edited by Zinergy; 05-27-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

[quote=Zinergy;2343419]
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1rapist View Post

Thats how much the current ones weigh on a bigger chassis. The 06 and up moved to the midsize legacy chassis and the 07 or 08 and have a bigger engine and still only weigh 3200lbs, the 02-05 were on the smaller impreza chassis and weighed quite a bit less. Dodge did not build a good all around car. The made it light by skipping options such as power rear windows lol. The first day my frined picked me up in his car i had to laugh that it had power windows up front but manual in the back. The 2.4 liter is a decent engine and thats about all that car has to offer. Manual 2002 WRX weighed 2921lbs, still a little heavier than the srt4 but with a AWD system.

Please dont come on this website and try and tell us whats what, noone will take you seriously even more so when you have a 2000 neon listed as your car. I had fast cars, import and domestic i dont hate imports but i do hate uneducated kids who sign up on a ls1.com forum with the name ls1rapist. What does your car have? Do you know what it runs or are you just another ricer internet racer?
    OH SNAP!!
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

cars are purpose built, camaros were never made for comfort nor gas mileage, they were meant to race. The beautiful thing (from an automotive engineer's standpoint) is that dodge was able to make a car that was good all around. If we all went to japan, we would be the ricers, does that mean we would be the slower ones because we are imports?
    Uuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I think MOST people in Japan would love to hear the sound of a nice, American V8. But, they don't get that option cheaply like we do because of insane gas prices, and insane taxes their government levies on large (over 2 or 3 liter, I think), engines. Another reason to love the USA, we can all have something different. I, myself, prefer V8s and RWD, with a manual transmission.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

This guy reminds me of a guy who stumbled into a bar i was at last weekend. Said he had a 2.0 turbo and started challenging everyone to a race and talking shit to people he had never met about there cars he had never seen. Well he got his ass thrown out by the regulars and then came back in to tell the female bar tender he would be waiting for her after work. So shes calls the cops and he is still outside in the parking lot and where O where do they find his car? Smashed up in the wood about 200 feet behind the bar LOL(there is no road that leads into these woods).... yea he went to jail. Sure it wasnt you ls1rapist? Doesnt the 2000 neon have a 2.0 liter engine? LOL

black
    2002 Camaro Z28

Whoever LS1rapist is needs to be banned. He is a troll from www.srtforums.com here just to cause problems. If a mod/admin could pm me his IP address here, it would be much appreciated so I can ban him on srtforums.

black
    02 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    OP it will be interesting to see if your stock stall will handle e.t's. My car bogged only running autox tires and another local bogged as well. Although I am sure a certain troll will tell me otherwise what I experienced in my own car.
    What were you launching at with the stock stall and e.t.'s?

black
    02 ss camaro

My camaro gets over 20mpg even more if I don't get on it... and you want to talk about comfort,I don't consider any sub-compact car to be comfortable to drive. I'm 6'3",I've driven a neon.....it was my girlfriend's car... and felt like I was in a damn sardine can!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by importhater81 View Post
    What were you launching at with the stock stall and e.t.'s?
    1200rpm, it was on autox tires my car bogged, the other guy put radials on his before me and I didn't believe it when he told me. Son of a bitch it happened just almost died and up-shifted on me. Dr's might be good for the street but for the track where they hook I don't know that they will help. One exception to the rule was a guy w/ bolt-ons and 3.73's who said dr's were just fine for him. He also ran 12.9 in his auto ss stock

black
    02 ss camaro

1200rpm, it was on autox tires my car bogged, the other guy put radials on his before me and I didn't believe it when he told me. Son of a bitch it happened just almost died and up-shifted on me. Dr's might be good for the street but for the track where they hook I don't know that they will help. One exception to the rule was a guy w/ bolt-ons and 3.73's who said dr's were just fine for him. He also ran 12.9 in his auto ss stock
    Thanks for the info.I'm going to get to the strip at gates open and mess around with the launch rpm.I'll keep what you said in mind.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Let me know how it goes if anything put some more tire psi if it does happen.

black
    02 ss camaro

Let me know how it goes if anything put some more tire psi if it does happen.
    will do!

Resident SRT-4 ambassador

Black
    2005 SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybz28 View Post
    Whoever LS1rapist is needs to be banned. He is a troll from www.srtforums.com here just to cause problems. If a mod/admin could pm me his IP address here, it would be much appreciated so I can ban him on srtforums.
    Please do. And PM who it is when you find out over there. Haha.

Edit: To the OP, it's very possible that it could be running 11's. It's simply a matter of finding out what modifications the guy has. If you can find out and list them here, I can help give you an idea.

So has this race happened yet?

I'm predicting either:

1) The SRT-4 owner is going to puss out and or have some excuse.

or

2) The SRT-4 owner is going to ask for the roll race.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

LoL the LS1 gets great mpg. When I was runing 2.73's I got 31 mpg on the highway... Yeah not good on gas mileage..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information