white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by Oddwraith View Post
    I may not win
    Don't give up already!

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH.WS6 View Post
    11's with bolt on's is fast, but these cars can't have too much room for improvement. People think so, but like oddwraith said they come with tuned headers, true duals, and most importantly 11:1 compression. You won't be able to throw too much boost to it or it will blow up. If you try a cam swap you have 4 cams to pay for...

I'm just skeptical
    they come with shorties...nothing new there....there is still room to improve just like shorties vs longtubes here. Also mustangs always come with true duals ...that is why they sound sooo good. on the compression ...who said anything about running boost. Some new pistons and that is taken care of ...which would need to be done anyways. Also 4 cams has always been the case for the mustang since their 4.6.........so that is a moot point.

long story short...we are trying desperately to come up with reasons to shortchange this engine because of the big potential it has and coming with a blue oval . The mustang vs camaro etc is back ...i only expect to see the new 5.0 get better through out the years

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    they come with shorties...nothing new there....there is still room to improve just like shorties vs longtubes here. Also mustangs always come with true duals ...that is why they sound sooo good. on the compression ...who said anything about running boost. Some new pistons and that is taken care of ...which would need to be done anyways. Also 4 cams has always been the case for the mustang since their 4.6.........so that is a moot point.

long story short...we are trying desperately to come up with reasons to shortchange this engine because of the big potential it has and coming with a blue oval . The mustang vs camaro etc is back ...i only expect to see the new 5.0 get better through out the years
    u sir hit the nail on the head

Black
    1999 WS6

The 5.0 is sweet...but the 5.4 all aluminum from the Ford GT is even sweeter. Watching the 2011 GT500 run at VIR made me drool.

Ford is already prepared and waiting for the Z/28.

What an awesome war to be a part of.....

Get out your wallets boys....Ford is using that $2 billion profit they made the 1st quarter of 2010 to break GM's already broke bank.
    1999 WS6 - Black - 414rwhp 401rwtq w/o NOS
    632rwhp 577rwtq with HSW 250shot NOS

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    The 5.0 is sweet...but the 5.4 all aluminum from the Ford GT is even sweeter. Watching the 2011 GT500 run at VIR made me drool.

Ford is already prepared and waiting for the Z/28.

What an awesome war to be a part of.....

Get out your wallets boys....Ford is using that $2 billion profit they made the 1st quarter of 2010 to break GM's already broke bank.
    while the 5.4 is amazing and was in one of my favorite cars of all time...i cant say i am more impressed with the 5.0.....this is the only reason why ......it is F/I ........dont get me wrong...i love f/i and would like to run f/i down the road.....but 550hp out of a 5.4 f/i is not that impressive............550hp out of a n/a 5.4 or 5.0 is impressive ...i find high output n/a engines more impressive than high output f/i engines personally.
    Last edited by shady milkman; 06-03-2010 at 08:37 AM.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

yes, shorties that took their engineers forever to perfect lol.... something about their reverse firing order complicating things and space. Their current design netted 15ft lbs and 6 hp. If they manage to fit LT's in the same space we may see a little more power... but not much improvement. I've read articles were a good shorty can almost be as good as LT's.

They have always come with true duals... that's why stang cat back's don't net much gain if any.

Yes, exactly factory they aren't a prime candidate for boost. Unless you want to spend another grand for lower compression piston's.

And none of the GT's to this date have had 4 cams... just 2, thanks to SOHC.

Everything on this new car has already been optimized for efficiency... The only thing left is boost... and you can't do that with out spending more money to lower the compression.

This ain't a 03-04 cobra guys.... were the drive train and crank were built with 1000hp applications in mind.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH.WS6 View Post
    yes, shorties that took their engineers forever to perfect lol.... something about their reverse firing order complicating things and space. Their current design netted 15ft lbs and 6 hp. If they manage to fit LT's in the same space we may see a little more power... but not much improvement. I've read articles were a good shorty can almost be as good as LT's.

They have always come with true duals... that's why stang cat back's don't net much gain if any.

Yes, exactly factory they aren't a prime candidate for boost. Unless you want to spend another grand for lower compression piston's.

And none of the GT's to this date have had 4 cams... just 2, thanks to SOHC.

Everything on this new car has already been optimized for efficiency... The only thing left is boost... and you can't do that with out spending more money to lower the compression.

This ain't a 03-04 cobra guys.... were the drive train and crank were built with 1000hp applications in mind.
    i dont know where you herd shorties get close to LTs .

are the ls1s prime candidates for boost with our 10.25:1? but yet we respond very well with f/i ....

touche on the GTs i was hasty saying always..however the machs and the cobras are dohc.

go ahead and think the 5.0 is maxed...despite the fact that the intake and heads, and cams ..can and will be worked for more power.

unbelievable

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

i dont know where you herd shorties get close to LTs .

are the ls1s prime candidates for boost with our 10.25:1? but yet we respond very well with f/i ....

touche on the GTs i was hasty saying always..however the machs and the cobras are dohc.

go ahead and think the 5.0 is maxed...despite the fact that the intake and heads, and cams ..can and will be worked for more power.

unbelievable
    well in my high performance pontiac mags they have tested that a good set of shorties are pretty close to a set of long tubes... this was Edlebrock vs SLP LT's. Net gains with the factory exhaust were about the same. But in a later issue they tested street tires vs DR's and they claim DR's will only give you a tenth at the track. All I'm saying is ford thought long and hard before they went with their "nontraditional" design.

While our cars do well I wouldn't say they are reliable with fi with out the proper internal mods to compliment them... just as this 11:1 beast would be.

And I have heard of people swapping cams in GT's, but as for the Mach I and Cobra I don't hear too many people modding the Mach Internally or the Cobra because a set of cams for these motors run (sometimes $1200) the cost of a cam and cam swap for our cars. The 03-04 Cobra's typically receive a nice pulley change or a Kenne Bell Blower.

I'm not saying this Mustang is gonna blow balls like the 2v after the 5.0, but I think the vid on youtube proves they aren't the most bad ass thing out there. I don't see the 5.0 GT out gunning or keeping uo with my personal fav stang the GT500 or 03-04 Cobras. @ a 12.7 this GT smokes a Cobra and the 540 horse GT500... this vid says otherwise since just a couple weeks ago I watched a GT500 pone an exhaust/LT's/air lid Camaro. The GT500 had 112 miles on it! it ran a 12.899 @112mph vs 13.5 @104mph.

There's no Coyotes here yet, but if one shoots down the track faster than that... that will be the day I believe it.

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Like the look on your face when one pulls on you

That doesn't bother me at all. If it did I would have thrown a Procharger on 8years ago when I bought it. It's a garage queen that I store in the winter and car show in the summer. And any sane person wouldn't look twice at that stang parked next to mine. Just never been a fan of this body style, I still love the looks of the 03/04 Cobra's though.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by BrntWS6 View Post
    That doesn't bother me at all. If it did I would have thrown a Procharger on 8years ago when I bought it. It's a garage queen that I store in the winter and car show in the summer. And any sane person wouldn't look twice at that stang parked next to mine. Just never been a fan of this body style, I still love the looks of the 03/04 Cobra's though.
    Sane person? lol, looks are all personal preference and ALOT of people like the look of the stangs over the ws6.

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

I know dude, hence the smiley

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

I personally dislike pop-up headlights on ANY car, and therefore find the Mustang no less attractive than the WS6. FWIW. It is interesting to see the base GT playing things so close to the SS; hopefully the pony power war will heat up again because of it

.i find high output n/a engines more impressive than high output f/i engines personally.
    Wow, there is someone on this board that actually thinks like I do

I'm with ya shady. Anybody can stick a power adder on an engine and make it fast, that's easy.
    It takes a well thought out combo to run fast with the 14.7 god gave us I get more satisfaction out of that.

My neighbor just got their new 2011 5.0 mustang. Great running car for a showroom stocker.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Wow, there is someone on this board that actually thinks like I do

I'm with ya shady. Anybody can stick a power adder on an engine and make it fast, that's easy.
    It takes a well thought out combo to run fast with the 14.7 god gave us I get more satisfaction out of that.
    very true..but when i see a dialed in setup that is F/I with the right stall and h/c/i combo...it is amazing almost as amazing to me as a dialed in N/a lsx platform that flat out runs.

98' trans am

what comes to mind is richard childress's single turbo t/a
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLXu6BXT9Q8"]here[/ame]

Well the music about drove me nuts so I didn't watch it all,,,,,but ya the forced induction setups are sweet, and make big power very easily. It just never impressed me that much considering I've seen old VW bugs that fast with turbo's on em' too.

But I'm liking what I see of these new mustangs so far. If I were on the market for a new car it would be one I would take a hard look at.

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

what comes to mind is richard childress's single turbo t/a
    Wow, nice!

if the times posted for this video are real I am very impressed with the new 5.0

[MEDIA][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_GkNeD_uIM[/ame][/MEDIA]

The comments from the SS driver and person that posted the video

I ran a 13.09 at 109 Long tube headers....Mustang ran 12.88 at 114 stock on that pass..The Mustang ran a best of 12.73 @ 115 and my Camaro 12.79 @111

They both appeared to be automatics too.
    I've raced at Sac before, they are only about 50 feet above sea level, so you will see better times there during the cooler parts of the year.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information