Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

NBM
    '00 Z28

okay. I wasn't sure.

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

Quote Originally Posted by lee1rbc
    In other words You can drive up to 100mph, cut the motor off, have a friend climb out the window and rip the ECU out.
    That is freakin' funny!!!!

Im sorry mogs01gt, but the same thing would happen to Your car.

Try driving down the road and turn the key to the off position. If You are in neutrel the car will completely die. But if You are in gear the motor will still be turning rpm's. (Because the trans is forcing the motor to turn.)

In other words You can drive up to 100mph, cut the motor off, have a friend climb out the window and rip the ECU out, and then throw the car into first, the trans will still force the motor turn at the same rpms as the drivetrain.
    You do realize that a rev limiter is electronically controlled, not mechanical. So all that stuff you just wrote doesn’t mean anything . There wouldnt be a rev limiter if the car was off.
    324hp/333tq

lee1rbc
    Originally Posted by mogs01gt
    You do realize that a rev limiter is electronically controlled, not mechanical. So all that stuff you just wrote doesn’t mean anything . There wouldnt be a rev limiter if the car was off.
    HOW DO YOU THINK A REV LIMITER WORKS??????

lee1rbc
    This Mustang driver walks into a auto parts store and asks the guy at the cashier,"Can I buy that chrome air cleaner?" He replies,"No im sorry we don't sell to Mustang drivers." So he goes home and sells his car for a Dodge. he goes back and asks" Can I buy that chrome air cleaner?" "No im sorry we don't sell to Mustang drivers" So he goes home and does the same thing with a Chevy, nissan, Pontiac . The last time he goes in and says "How do you always know who I am?" He replies "Because thats a hubcap."

black
    2000 ws6

if its hitting the rev limiter, its not over revving now is it? Its just at the safe limit.

The only way to over rev the motor is mechanically, with the transmission driving the engine. Even if the computer cuts the fuel and spark the motor is still going to spin at whatever speed the the transmission makes it.

If you missed a shift in your ford, it would do the same thing. You may have heard the computer cutting fuel and spark, but it would still over rev the engine. No electronics could stop it unless they prevented the missed shift in the first place.

NBM
    '00 Z28

This Mustang driver walks into a auto parts store and asks the guy at the cashier,"Can I buy that chrome air cleaner?" He replies,"No im sorry we don't sell to Mustang drivers." So he goes home and sells his car for a Dodge. he goes back and asks" Can I buy that chrome air cleaner?" "No im sorry we don't sell to Mustang drivers" So he goes home and does the same thing with a Chevy, nissan, Pontiac . The last time he goes in and says "How do you always know who I am?" He replies "Because thats a hubcap."
    good one.

SRT4SC
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO8 driver
    Those srt4's have good top end in the 4cyl arena. I should know.
    Not really we die off around 5500 rpms.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroKillZ28
    6 is too high....Im telling you that a stock cam doesnt make enough power at that rpm, most after market cams stop making power after 6000....thats just what I have read, but you def need to shift higher 5500 is a good solid shift
    you best read some more.
    most aftermarket cams make plenty of power after 6k. mine does. dyno graphs show it.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Pewter
    02' Z28 Vert

"02 Z28 vert pewter
    lid,smooth bellow, ram air, k&n, flowmaster
    hypertech tuner, TB bypass,shortie headers,Hotchkins STB

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

The difference between over reving and dropping to the wrong gear is that when you go from second to first the trans forces Your rpms to over rev. The rev limiter will still kick in, but even if you shut off the car, it will still be forced by the trans to rev at a higher rpm.

when you downshift, the rev limiter doesn't kick in. the rev limiter works only during acceleration.
    Last edited by mrr23; 03-19-2006 at 05:57 PM.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Aren't these 4's trapping 106-107 with bolt-ons? I can see why he pulled on you a tad.
    2004 White Evolution VIII
    Wingless & Altezaless
    SOLD - 2002 Cam'd NBM Camaro SS -380whp - SOLD
    www.ForgivenDriven.com
    www.TheFreedomAnswer.com

Thread Information