Like this slow EVO?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaL8wglusX8[/ame]

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Or this one.. Not an EVO fan but daym!

Or these ones..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kzKNYSMb5Q&NR=1[/ame]
    Last edited by Smittro; 04-26-2010 at 10:08 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post

Nice I just like that the 67 in the video I posted.. It had no issues with the same car..
    Last edited by Z28Thunder; 04-26-2010 at 10:20 PM.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

all i heard was faaaaaaart, shift, faaaaaaaaaaart, shift. as a fan of rear wheel american muscle, that thing is uh, cute? he should paint that thing like bright pink, or lime green, that way it would be twice as embarassing to everyone else. Hey dude, you got beat by that PINK car?
    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Try roasting your crow. It'll be easier to get down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I like grilling mine with a nice brown sugar based rub

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Or these ones..

jesus they went 60-140 in 6 seconds.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

EVO AMS tuned 601 AWHP @ 30 psi
    2.3 Whipple 667 RWHP @ 19 psi

LoL and a 67 with a 417 c.i. with a 300 shot... Turbo awhp vs Super Charged rwhp vs a 300 shot rwhp.... The turbo had no problems with the whipple... Only way to find out who is faster. Race....

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    all i heard was faaaaaaart, shift, faaaaaaaaaaart, shift. as a fan of rear wheel american muscle, that thing is uh, cute? he should paint that thing like bright pink, or lime green, that way it would be twice as embarassing to everyone else. Hey dude, you got beat by that PINK car?
    Well I'm a fan of American Muscle too but can I respect the guy doing it on half the cyl and I HATE 4 bangers. As long as it's done right and not just a heap that's falling apart trying to go fast on the roads.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Well I'm a fan of American Muscle too but can I respect the guy doing it on half the cyl and I HATE 4 bangers. As long as it's done right and not just a heap that's falling apart trying to go fast on the roads.
    I do not hate 4 bangers myself. Does it really matter what it looks like? If it is faster than you can you say much?

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    I do not hate 4 bangers myself. Does it really matter what it looks like? If it is faster than you can you say much?
    Well after having to avoid hitting a fart can that fell off their ride in front of me on the highway I'd rather they be built good before hitting the same streets I drive with my kid/family on..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Example: this guy should'nt even be on the road..
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX8-m-SOmZQ&feature=related[/ame]

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Well after having to avoid hitting a fart can that fell off their ride in front of me on the highway I'd rather they be built good before hitting the same streets I drive with my kid/family on..
    I did not see anything falling apart in the video I posted. I guess I do not understand your comment.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I did not see anything falling apart in the video I posted. I guess I do not understand your comment.
    I'm not talking about your vid. I mean in general, I think they should be done right before hitting the streets. Such as the cars posted in your video are done right and are safe to drive on the streets. Too many ricers slap stuff on thier cars with coat hangers and want to go out and race on public roads.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

I'm not talking about your vid. I mean in general, I think they should be done right before hitting the streets. Such as the cars posted in your video are done right and are safe to drive on the streets. Too many ricers slap stuff on thier cars with coat hangers and want to go out and race on public roads.
    And I agree... The video was posted to show there is always someone faster than you. The 601 awhp turbo had no issues with the 677 rwhp Whipple. And the 67 417 c.i 300 shot rwhp had no issues with the 601 awhp turbo. There is always someone faster than you.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

And I agree... The video was posted to show there is always someone faster than you. The 601 awhp turbo had no issues with the 677 rwhp Whipple. And the 67 417 c.i 300 shot rwhp had no issues with the 601 awhp turbo. There is always someone faster than you.
    +1.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Those are really fast cars but I thought the OP was talking about racing a stock or near stock evo not a fully built race evo w/ 30+ psi of boost making 600awhp. If that's the case we can bring up numerous LSX builds that will wipe the floor w/ them.

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    Fart? Sounded like a external wastegate to me.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Fart? Sounded like a external wastegate to me.
    Pretty sure he was talking about the exhaust note.

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    Those are really fast cars but I thought the OP was talking about racing a stock or near stock evo not a fully built race evo w/ 30+ psi of boost making 600awhp. If that's the case we can bring up numerous LSX builds that will wipe the floor w/ them.
    The cars in the video where a 2.3 Whipple Cobra at 677whp and a '67 Camaro with a 412ci engine and a 300 shot of juice. These are NOT slow cars by any means. It seems like you are trying to compare a 600whp EVO vs. a stock LS1. Of course, there are many LS1s that would beat that EVO on the street, but they'd be doing upper 600+whp on some form of forced induction.

Like some of you have said, there is always someone faster. Here is another DSM vs. a supercharged LS1 Camaro and a turbocharged LS1 Camaro... and some Nissan love at the end:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe9DKvrfuqE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe9DKvrfuqE[/ame]

Same car, this is a more exciting video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhJyESBZszg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhJyESBZszg[/ame]
    Last edited by Superluminal; 04-27-2010 at 09:47 AM.

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

Yeah good kill....i have two friends one with evo 400awhp and buddy with sti about 390-400awhp.....im looking forward to racing the sti, buddies evo go totalled but saw some vids that thing ripped pretty good both very respectable cars lol...but i think we have them mod for mod off the bat but are cars get EXPENSIVE real fast lol

Owning a 9 sec ricer is like coming out of the closest: at first you'll surprise everyone, but in the end you're still gay

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    ehhh....u shouldnt have walked on an evo that easily...something doesnt sound right to me
    I hope you're not serious. Why does everyone think Evos are so damn fast?? They aren't. Last I checked, a stock car that traps 100-102MPH isn't fast. And the faster you go, the worse it gets, because those things have no top end and higher drivetrain losses.

The new ones are even better. Now they retail for over $40,000, and barely manage to hit 100MPH in the 1/4. So you get a piece of shit Mitsubishi lancer for $40K+ thats not fast, not good looking, and built to fall apart in a year. Awesome. Almost as cool as the new ('08+) STi, which is also extremely overpriced and even more unreliable.
    Last edited by Wesman; 04-27-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information