Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Quote Originally Posted by SailorZ28
    Simple fact of the matter is...a Mustang costs a LOT more to get into the 12's than a LS1 ever would. You just can't argue with the horsepower numbers and the displacement.
    Ah, now that's what I remembered about the LS1 guys. How I love the superiority complexes. It's good to keep stangers like me around lest dumb comments like this one go unchecked.

12s for a 5.0 mustang can be had with headers, gears, minor bolt-ons and good traction. I think you could do it for a grand or less without going the nitrous route.

How much does an LS1 cost? My combo was an expensive way to get into the 11s, but consisted of AFR 165 heads ($1325), a Cobra intake (400), a custom cam (325), roller rockers (200), Long tube headers and o/r H-pipe (260), 4.10 gears (150), 75mm MAF (180), and 65mm throttle body (150). That's $3,000 for all-new parts. Add $3000 for the car, and that's 11s for $6,000.

Or, if comparing the price of cars isn't fair, take a look at the supercharged cobras... Sure it takes a supercharger from the factory (actually the 00 Cobra R did it too), but they're still faster and are much cheaper to get into 11s or 10s than the LS1.

You might have had a valid argument if you'd said that the small block chevy 350 based motors were cheaper to modify, but even that'd be a long drawn out never-ending argument. Since when were LS1s cheap to modify?

Chris

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold
    I know you just want to provoke me, but here goes:

It idled so easily that you couldn't tell it was cammed. It had a full-interior, and looked stock everywhere except the engine bay. I even ran the stock pony wheels on the street. It would however pull a tire off the ground on a hard launch with ET Drags. The rear had 4.10s in it. It still made 21 mpg on one long trip from NY to OH.

Chris
    I thought you were about to write a poem! That would have been funny as hell.

It idled so easy, you might think it was cheesy
    It looked so stock, like your moms Irish clock
    Pull a tire off the ground, with ET Drags, and prolly smoke all you fags
    21 mpg, to save my ends, but, what's this, it's got 4.10's!!!

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    I thought you were about to write a poem! That would have been funny as hell.

It idled so easy, you might think it was cheesy
    It looked so stock, like your moms Irish clock
    Pull a tire off the ground, with ET Drags, and prolly smoke all you fags
    21 mpg, to save my ends, but, what's this, it's got 4.10's!!!

ROFL...that's great! I can't write poetry to save my life, but I can play guitar, so maybe I'll just put your lyrics to something .

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

ROFL...that's great! I can't write poetry to save my life, but I can play guitar, so maybe I'll just put your lyrics to something .

Move over Garth Brooks! We will call the first album "Gone with the Wind"

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

Or, if comparing the price of cars isn't fair, take a look at the supercharged cobras... Sure it takes a supercharger from the factory (actually the 00 Cobra R did it too), but they're still faster and are much cheaper to get into 11s or 10s than the LS1.
    Chris
    That is the most RETARDED statment I have heard come out of your mouth yet!!! An LS1 cammed and sprayed would eat an 03 & 04 cobra ALIVE!!! Cam = $350
    Spray = $650 That is less than a pulley, full exhaust, intake and a tune for a 03, 04 cobra, and the cobra would still lose. There is also a video floating around here some where of a TA running in the 10's with a T-REX cam and headers (stock heads!!!) and I think that is it. NOW THAT IS FAST!!! Try to do that with a MUS-STANK!!!

-Woodymaro

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Quote Originally Posted by woodymaro
    That is the most RETARDED statment I have heard come out of your mouth yet!!! An LS1 cammed and sprayed would eat an 03 & 04 cobra ALIVE!!! Cam = $350
    Spray = $650 That is less than a pulley, full exhaust, intake and a tune for a 03, 04 cobra, and the cobra would still lose. There is also a video floating around here some where of a TA running in the 10's with a T-REX cam and headers (stock heads!!!) and I think that is it. NOW THAT IS FAST!!! Try to do that with a MUS-STANK!!!

-Woodymaro
    So, you can add spray to your LS1, but that you can't to an '03 Cobra? You aren't adding the tune for the LS1, either. Who's making retarded statements?

How much is a pulley?

Haha... and by the way, since the internals in the Cobra are stronger than the stock LS1 internals, you can also add a bigger nitrous shot to the Cobra than you can to the LS1.

You lose,

Chris

black
    2001 Pontiac Trans am

Isnt yours a 5.0 03/04 Cobra's with X-pipe,pulley and tune run high 11's @119 to 125 (Due to IRS=bad 60'). I broke into the 11's with a baby cam and longtubes. Since adding heads it still gets 22mpg.
    2001 Trans Am WS-6 A4
    AFRs,Cam,Headers,Exhaust,Lid,BGRA,ASP,Vig 3200,Glock 19
    11.55 @ 117mph

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

Chris Arnold, YOU ARE NOT LISTENING, I'm saying that it doesn't take as much to get an LS1 into the 10's!!! Like I said TA W/ T-REX & LT's and TUNE = 10's there is a video to prove it. $ for $ an LS1 is better.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Gotcha, Pete. Yep, I've stuck with the old sbf 5.0-based engine. That's pretty quick for headers and a cam, bud! No matter what mod you get in the stang, it won't beat the bang-for-the-buck you're getting with the glock mod...

It's a pain in the ass to launch on that IRS, but damned if those motors don't lay down some impressive numbers. Kinda sucks to be on the wrong side of these supercharged motors... You wanna quit, ranger?

Chris

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Chris Arnold, YOU ARE NOT LISTENING, I'm saying that it doesn't take as much to get an LS1 into the 10's!!! Like I said TA W/ T-REX & LT's and TUNE = 10's there is a video to prove it. $ for $ an LS1 is better.
    Don't believe everything you see on TV, kid...

black
    2001 Pontiac Trans am

Gotcha, Pete. Yep, I've stuck with the old sbf 5.0-based engine. That's pretty quick for headers and a cam, bud! No matter what mod you get in the stang, it won't beat the bang-for-the-buck you're getting with the glock mod...

It's a pain in the ass to launch on that IRS, but damned if those motors don't lay down some impressive numbers. Kinda sucks to be on the wrong side of these supercharged motors... You wanna quit, ranger?

Chris
    03/04 Cobras put up good mph and dyno numbers, as does the Supra. I don't go to the Dyno to race and a dyno sheet doesnt cut good lights. My car has some low dyno #'s and OK times. 5.0's are good motors, they just don't have enough headbolts to keep em together.
    It seems that I will have to up-grade to a H&K mod this summer
    Quit?? I've not yet started. Go have a beer at Scooters

SSMAN-1
    Quote Originally Posted by articz28
    It is a 5-speed and he can't drive it well at all.

8.2's, he aint driving bad.

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

Don't believe everything you see on TV, kid...
    DUDE IT'S NOT ON TV YOU STUPID DOUCHE. IT'S A VIDEO OF SOME ONES ACTUAL CAR!!!! BRAGGING ABOUT HOW FAST YOUR MUSTANG IS OR ANY MUSTANG FOR THAT MATTER, IS LIKE SAYING YOUR THE SMARTEST KID WITH DOWN SYNDROME. YOUR STILL F@#*ING SLOW!!!

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

DUDE IT'S NOT ON TV YOU STUPID DOUCHE. IT'S A VIDEO OF SOME ONES ACTUAL CAR!!!! BRAGGING ABOUT HOW FAST YOUR MUSTANG IS OR ANY MUSTANG FOR THAT MATTER, IS LIKE SAYING YOUR THE SMARTEST KID WITH DOWN SYNDROME. YOUR STILL F@#*ING SLOW!!!
    You're kung-fu is weak. Did you build the car? How do you know its mods? I don't even know which car you're talking about, but if it's running 10s I can tell you with complete certainty that you're leaving out some modifications. If you think that a cam and headers with no other modifications will get you there, you're confused.

You're way out of your league calling my current mustang slow...

Compare cars you've actually built instead of comparing what you think has been done to a car. I've built 4 mustangs and I'm fairly confident saying that every one of them was faster than your current camaro and for less money altogether.

I'm still waiting for you to put your LS1 with an airfilter up against my twin-turbo... haha....you're too much!

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Quote Originally Posted by RGR Pete
    03/04 Cobras put up good mph and dyno numbers, as does the Supra. I don't go to the Dyno to race and a dyno sheet doesnt cut good lights. My car has some low dyno #'s and OK times.
    You may be right about the Cobras. Haven't tried to race on that IRS, myself. I know I've seen plenty of them with the stock blower and stock rear running 11s, but don't know if I've seen any 10 second ones.

I also know that i've seen those cobras running 9s and 8s at fun ford weekend with the stock long-block... Don't think there are too many LS1s doing that, though I'm sure there's a few. The internals for a production engine are awesome in that Cobra engine.

5.0's are good motors, they just don't have enough headbolts to keep em together.
    Haha, at least I can get the spark plugs out reset the timing without haveing to pull the engine, chevy-boy.

It seems that I will have to up-grade to a H&K mod this summer
    Sweet!! I'm a little old-fashioned. I have the colt 1911 mod.

Quit?? I've not yet started. Go have a beer at Scooters
    It sucks, bro... Scooters has been changed to "The Firehouse" and is on Bennings black-list with CID crawling all around it, now.

Chris

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Woody, I took a look at your profile:

98 Z28 A4 free mods, borlamouth exhaust, and MTI lid. best 1/8 8.62 @ 84.3 best 1/4 13.3 @ 105.8 2.02 60'. 99 TA M6 SLP lid and a cut out. no times yet on the TA but soon to come. .BYE OFFICER

So, yep... I was right. If my mustang is down-syndrome slow doesn't that make your f-bodies geriatric? Can you believe that my first 5.0 - a car that started off as a high 14 second car -j ran a better 1/4 than your 98Z with nothing more than Long-tubes, o/r H ($260), rear gears ($150), pullies ($70), springs from a 4cyl car up front (free), and drag radials ($228)? That's $708 for mods and add $2500 for the car...

That is all,

Chris
    Last edited by Chris Arnold; 03-11-2006 at 09:40 AM.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

easy killer.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

Woody, I took a look at your profile:

98 Z28 A4 free mods, borlamouth exhaust, and MTI lid. best 1/8 8.62 @ 84.3 best 1/4 13.3 @ 105.8 2.02 60'. 99 TA M6 SLP lid and a cut out. no times yet on the TA but soon to come. .BYE OFFICER

So, yep... I was right. If my mustang is down-syndrome slow doesn't that make your f-bodies geriatric? Can you believe that my first 5.0 - a car that started off as a high 14 second car -j ran a better 1/4 than your 98Z with nothing more than Long-tubes, o/r H ($260), rear gears ($150), pullies ($70), springs from a 4cyl car up front (free), and drag radials ($228)? That's $708 for mods and add $2500 for the car...

That is all,

Chris

Geriatric???? Your calling our f-bodies OLD. Of or relating to the aged or to the characteristics of the aging process??? Good Kill man, that one hurt. So all it took was just: Long tubes, off road H, full exhuast, rear gears, pullies, some suspision, and drag radials,(plus intake you forgot to mention an intake) and in a lot lighter car and thats it. What did you run a 13.29

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Geriatric???? Your calling our f-bodies OLD. Of or relating to the aged or to the characteristics of the aging process???
    No, I'm calling your specific f-bodies (the ones belonging to you) slow: as in as slow as old people. Nevermind, it's ok... I'll define words longer than three syllables so you don't have to go running to the dictionary (a book with the meaning of words in it), anymore.

So all it took was just: Long tubes, off road H, full exhuast, rear gears, pullies, some suspision, and drag radials,(plus intake you forgot to mention an intake) and in a lot lighter car and thats it. What did you run a 13.29
    I didn't forget anything. I listed every aftermarket (of or pertaining to commercial products sold to enhance something) part added to the car, except the $40 flat-panel K&N air-filter. "Some suspension" consisted of taking softer springs off of a friend's 4 cyl car and putting them on mine. And what's this, you're crying about the fact that mustangs come lighter than F-bodies...boohoo!! Run what you brung, Mr. Superior (better than something) F-body owner, and with that super-fast car, you definitely (certainly) don't have enough.

I was shooting for 12s, but ran a 13.0 instead. So yeah, I'm really impressed with your LS1... It's only making 100 rwhp more than my mustang did and runs 3 tenths slower. Super!

Gears, exhaust, and pullies. Tires had to be replaced regardless. The springs were free. As much shit as you're talking I'd think that your LS1 would be able to outrun such a slow car, but the "down-syndrome" mustang would've put bus-lengths on you out of the hole and even with 100 extra rwhp you couldn't run me down before the traps.... how embarrassing (causing to feel self-conscious).

You haven't been doing this very long have you? You're getting man-handled and you can't even tell. Keep posting... this is fun!

Chris
    Last edited by Chris Arnold; 03-12-2006 at 10:42 AM.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

gone far enough.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information