Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    Kicker makes the 6.5 in sub in a 2 ohm and a 4ohm setup in single voice coil and dual voice coil, so therefore itll fit in your t/a with no issue on the amp. They handle 150 rms (which is more than most small subs) and sound amazing for what they are. I picked both of mine up on fleabay for $109 shipped.
    The Kicker CVT 6.5's are what were recommended to me by our local sound shop. 2 ohm for the Camaro

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I can't complain with my 4ohm CVT's on the monsoon amp. they bump VERY hard for stock sized units. My problem is that I want to get a matching set of components and the sail panel holes are where they fit without cutting anything. so I'm going to have to step up to a stealth box with a dedicated sub.

If you can wait it out there might be some 4ohm CVT's for sale soon ;-)

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    The Kicker CVT 6.5's are what were recommended to me by our local sound shop. 2 ohm for the Camaro
    I may end up going with those for mine. I'd like to replace them soon.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    I may end up going with those for mine. I'd like to replace them soon.
    Mine are still siting on the shelf in my garage

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Mine are still siting on the shelf in my garage
    Still? Shame shame.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I spent the weekend tweaking the settings on my stereo.... having twin 16 band equalizers plus time correction in the head can be a pain.... the results were great though.... I'm rather torn as to what I should do. If I got the 5 1/4 inch version of my front components they would be a bolt on in the hatch area. but i'd still need two amps to power the components and the sails. Plus with the CVT's I wouldn't get the bump i'd get from a dedicated 10" in the hatch..... of course I could go with a 10 incher and the CVT's but then i'd need THREE amps!!!!! sigh..... The easiest is to get the matching components and put them in the sails and get a stealth box.... I'm just not sure it's the Ideal solution for sound quality.....

Why must this stereo stuff be so hard.... I mean performance isn't... want to go faster?? buy a rear end and mod the hell out of the engine

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    I spent the weekend tweaking the settings on my stereo.... having twin 16 band equalizers plus time correction in the head can be a pain.... the results were great though.... I'm rather torn as to what I should do. If I got the 5 1/4 inch version of my front components they would be a bolt on in the hatch area. but i'd still need two amps to power the components and the sails. Plus with the CVT's I wouldn't get the bump i'd get from a dedicated 10" in the hatch..... of course I could go with a 10 incher and the CVT's but then i'd need THREE amps!!!!! sigh..... The easiest is to get the matching components and put them in the sails and get a stealth box.... I'm just not sure it's the Ideal solution for sound quality.....

Why must this stereo stuff be so hard.... I mean performance isn't... want to go faster?? buy a rear end and mod the hell out of the engine
    What about a 6 channel amp. Run the cvt's as subs. Then you could do your components in the front and put 5 1/4 in the hatch. Place the tweeters from the hatch speakers near the cvt's. You could add one more amp and add a stealth box with all of that too if you wanted a little more bass.

VERITAS / AEQUITAS T/A Addicted's Avatar

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    Yea. I put those in the rear seat area. Clean, good price, and a nice increase in bass.
    Are those plug n play or did you have to change up any of the wiring?
    " I havent looked at the back of the stock ones yet to see first hand the multi-wire"

Just started to sound shitty in the last couple days. Thanks Bud.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS-6

check out kee audio. got a set shipped for $80, i have the audiopipes. prob need to email them for availability

heres a thread from tech on them
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/stereo...omparison.html
    If anyone is considering these : I saw this and checked out the LS1tech link seemed good. I wanted more info so.... I then took the model # off the back of the speaker they have in the pic (Audiopipe TS-VR6)and googled it and found them as low as $17.95 each All specs appeared the same.

Bright Red
    2001 Camaro

Now, to be clear, the Audiopipe TS-VR6's will work with a factory monsoon system and sound good??

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    What about a 6 channel amp. Run the cvt's as subs. Then you could do your components in the front and put 5 1/4 in the hatch. Place the tweeters from the hatch speakers near the cvt's. You could add one more amp and add a stealth box with all of that too if you wanted a little more bass.
    The reason i wouldn't do that is because my HU supports either passive or active xover networks. If I were to go active, i doubt i will, that would never work. As far as running that in passive? well i suppose i could split the sub RCA's and put them to both amps but I had wanted to use a specific set of speakers. I was looking at the TS-C720PRS for my sails. They do sell a model of that same component set that would fit in the hatch with a little modification for the beefy tweeters. With that setup I wanted to use the matching Pioneer amp for them. 6 channel sort of goes out the window when you have a 4 channel matched amp.

The reason I didn't want to use the smaller speakers in the hatch was because I wanted all the sensitivities to match across the board. From the HU to the amp to the speakers I would have an identical path to each. Then I'd prob get better results when letting the HU do it's thing with setting the time differentials and dual 16 band equalizers.

I think the biggest snag here is mounting these beastly big tweeters in the sail panels without cutting the sail panels lol.

Well..... that and cash.... stuff ain't cheap.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by Superwoody View Post
    Now, to be clear, the Audiopipe TS-VR6's will work with a factory monsoon system and sound good??
    Ordered a set and started to put them in today. Easy install. Factory has a quickl connect plug with short wires sodered to the speaker.

New Audio pipes have phillips head screws for connection.

Mounting holes look a lil off but they work.

BEWARE: when your tightening the wire screws support from the bottom or dont push down (just twist) the brackets holding them are not strong. Found out the hard way.

Good Luck.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Some Install pics.

haven't had any time to mess around with my EQ (and I use an iPod adapter) so dont have a very extensive review about them. I seemed to have lost some mid range and bass at low volumes. Maybe some tweeking can fix it, or anyone else with them chime in. But as far as the install, easy and clean. I drilled new holes to line them up better. Hope this helps.

sunset orange metallic
    2002 trans am ws6

i went with the kee audio set to replace all the speakers in my car imo,sounded like shit,paid over 350.for the speakers and to have them installed,in the end wasnt happy ordered the oe ac delco subs off e-bay and was real happy with those so i got used front door speakers and i swaped them out,and imo you cant beat the sound of the factory stuff,if any one needs the kee audio stuff .audiopipe subs,cdt components for the front and i think kenwood for the rears that are new never installed pm me i would love to sale these.thanks

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I disagree on the can't beat factory stuff. I think my system has much better SQ than factory and it's not even half done. The biggest sore spot on my system is the low volume because the HU can't power the beefy components i have. Quality wise it's great. Though the rear channels stick out like a sore thumb thanks to their higher sensitivity and IMO they sound like garbage compared to the fronts.... it's quite the trick trying to balance them. Can't wait till I get rid of em and balance out my system.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Some Install pics.

Click for full size

Click for full size

haven't had any time to mess around with my EQ (and I use an iPod adapter) so dont have a very extensive review about them. I seemed to have lost some mid range and bass at low volumes. Maybe some tweeking can fix it, or anyone else with them chime in. But as far as the install, easy and clean. I drilled new holes to line them up better. Hope this helps.
    ok after messing with my speakers and EQ all day, i wasnt able to get any of my mid rang or low bass levels to balance out. stopped down at my local chevy dealer and picked up delco replacement sail speakers ($59 commercial pricing) and put them in. wow, what a difference they made. back to the sound quality im used to.

now i dont totally blame the audiopipe subs, i just dont think putting in a true sub in that location with the the factory amp will ever sound good. they just dont balance out. now with an aftermarket amp, those little subs would sound great. prob the best way to go if you want more bass would be to go with a stealth box in the hatch.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I got a set of 6.5" Bazooka mini-subs from Kee Audio.

Work great...just need to replace the door speakers with something as they are blown too.
    volume at low levels and mid range, how are they with these?

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS-6

I'm agreeing with Mid's seem to be gone and cant balance, I'm most likely going to pull the audiopipes back out and go with the AC Delcos.

I also agree with the concepts that if you replaced it ALL you can achieve great things, but replacing pieces you seem to be better off sticking with stock. all just IMO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information