Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: srt 4

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

my buddy had one, pretty much stock. bov, exhaust, and bigger inner cooler. he turned 13.1 in the 1/4.
    not to bad.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by BLK2KSS View Post
    so i guess he did the other 2 times we raced too! haha
    Oh, well you made it sound like you raced once and as soon as you hit 3rd he got blown away. Normally when your door to door with someone then they start dissapearing, they missed a gear...or you have a 300 shot lol.

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Oh, well you made it sound like you raced once and as soon as you hit 3rd he got blown away. Normally when your door to door with someone then they start dissapearing, they missed a gear...or you have a 300 shot lol.
    haha, yeah i feel ya. i may hay exaggerated the 3rd gear murdering that took place a lil, lol, but it was pretty bad. by the time i was mid way through 4th all i could see was headlights in my mirror. the guy was talkin trash about ls1s all night since he layed the smack down on a few lt1s and barely beat my boys bone stock down to the paper filter 02 SS. so i had to show em what was up. dont get me wrong though those lil shits can be way fast! just happy i havent got beat by one yet
    Last edited by BLK2KSS; 02-23-2010 at 02:53 PM. Reason: cant spell! lol
    HONDAS ARE LIKE TAMPONS... EVERY PUSSY HAS ONE!
    **PHK**

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

lol hopefully that'll be one of the only ones ill race

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Well the one I raced I pulled up to the gas station with my gf behind me in her tiburon. I was just filling up when he pulls up all loud in first gear letting off his bov. My gf walked over and asked me what it was. So I tell her and finish pumping my gas as I do his gf comes running out of the gas station to get in the car. Its like 2am so as I'm leaving I rev just to see what he will do. As me and my gf are pulling out I hear him peeling tire to get out of the gas station. Anyway he's all over me trying to pull out of the gas station so me and my gf block him behind us. Then I take off because I see a light changing red up ahead. He sits at the light reving and building boost I can hear his loud exhaust and bov. So I sit there at normal idle and as the light goes green he punches it and I slowly ease into it he's about a car back and I'm slowly pulling away. All I can hear is his turbo screaming and my gf about 2 cars back. Anyway I shut it down with a car and a half on him with the same results from 2 rolls then he tries to fly by and I completely shut it down by the time he caught up I was pulled even with him and started to pull away. Only mods a slp lid. Its got a bad spark plug and throwing a o2 code. Have a set of longtubes waiting to go on trying to find a shop to put on my true duals as well.

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    Well the one I raced I pulled up to the gas station with my gf behind me in her tiburon. I was just filling up when he pulls up all loud in first gear letting off his bov. My gf walked over and asked me what it was. So I tell her and finish pumping my gas as I do his gf comes running out of the gas station to get in the car. Its like 2am so as I'm leaving I rev just to see what he will do. As me and my gf are pulling out I hear him peeling tire to get out of the gas station. Anyway he's all over me trying to pull out of the gas station so me and my gf block him behind us. Then I take off because I see a light changing red up ahead. He sits at the light reving and building boost I can hear his loud exhaust and bov. So I sit there at normal idle and as the light goes green he punches it and I slowly ease into it he's about a car back and I'm slowly pulling away. All I can hear is his turbo screaming and my gf about 2 cars back. Anyway I shut it down with a car and a half on him with the same results from 2 rolls then he tries to fly by and I completely shut it down by the time he caught up I was pulled even with him and started to pull away. Only mods a slp lid. Its got a bad spark plug and throwing a o2 code. Have a set of longtubes waiting to go on trying to find a shop to put on my true duals as well.
    gosh what a shut down, didn't even let him have the signature ricer fly by lol

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

I deny them all that pleasure. All if possible.

Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

Can't get no satisfaction! haha

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Haha that's great

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    I deny them all that pleasure. All if possible.
    You can't build boost with a stick car off the line. But good kill, they can be fast but FWD hurts them, a friend of mine has about 8k into his and he traps mid 120s but cant get better than a mid 11 with the traction issuses

Pewter
    99 z28

The only thing I've raced which is kind of the same car is the what I call the chevy version of the srt-4. The cobalt SS. I raced some kid in a yellow one, looked and sounded bone stock, had his girl in the car wit em. We both pulled onto a mainroad near my section i was like a car and a half behind him when he decided to get on it in first gear, i heard him revving so i too kept my 99 z28 in first. I watched him and we both hit the floor at the same time. by the timei came to the top of my 2nd gear i flew right past em and kept pullin. then as we slowed down for the red light coming up i got right next to em and saw his girl checkin me out smilin. hahaa then he pulled off to the left before the light. was a great kill for me!!

Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

shoulda took chase and got the gal haha

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    You can't build boost with a stick car off the line. But good kill, they can be fast but FWD hurts them, a friend of mine has about 8k into his and he traps mid 120s but cant get better than a mid 11 with the traction issuses
    ...unless you get the 2 step.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    ...unless you get the 2 step.
    Yes, true

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yes, true
    Can't run 10s without it....

1992 Firebird
    1998 Camaro SS

I always run into them when I'm in my SS Cobalt and I don't wanna get spanked so I leave 'em alone. Like to try my hand with one of my other cars and see how I would fare.
    1992 Firebird
    1998 Camaro SS
    2007 Cobalt SS- daily driver
    1986 Z28 383 stroker 4.56's
    1989 Crx-Si
    2001 F-150 4x4- winter DD

Thread Information